Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

Leather's for a short big guy!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 05:59 PM
SuperBike

k-d-williams is on a distinguished road
Leather's for a short big guy!

Okay, here's the deal. Been wanting some new leathers for along time and cant fit into my old one's. I have looked around at local shops and none in my size. I've looked on the internet and again none in my size. The only ones i can find seem to be "custom made" type which are expensive. So before i go ordering up some custom leathers i figure i would ask here if someone knows of a place that sells leathers for us full figured guys, not everyone fits in the girly clothing!

My size, 5' 8" and 275 lbs. Before you start pointing your fingers and telling me to lose weight, i'm really not "that" fat. I'm more of the stocky built type. Arm's are 22" if that helps, hahaha. Surely someone here wears my size clothes.
Attached Thumbnails Leather's for a short big guy!-moto_0240.jpg   Leather's for a short big guy!-moto_0563.jpg  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:35 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude I'm 5'7" and 215 you're not going to find much off the rack that will fit, all my leathers the sleves are too long. There are a couple of places that do custom work with reasonable prices, one is called syed leathers in orlando fl and the other I know of is barnacle bills.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:35 PM
I don't need any Meds
Superstock

5150 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by k-d-williams
Okay, here's the deal. Been wanting some new leathers for along time and cant fit into my old one's. I have looked around at local shops and none in my size. I've looked on the internet and again none in my size. The only ones i can find seem to be "custom made" type which are expensive. So before i go ordering up some custom leathers i figure i would ask here if someone knows of a place that sells leathers for us full figured guys, not everyone fits in the girly clothing!

My size, 5' 8" and 275 lbs. Before you start pointing your fingers and telling me to lose weight, i'm really not "that" fat. I'm more of the stocky built type. Arm's are 22" if that helps, hahaha. Surely someone here wears my size clothes.
jebbus christ K-D what are you an ex powerlifter? 22's go on cars not arms. hahaha. weird answer but i am going to suggest going into a couple of the local dry cleaners that do leather alterations. they should have good trade industry contacts and can point you in the right direction for sure.

also try a korean dry cleaners those ***** can mod and sew like no bodys business. Back in korea i could get 3, 3 piece suits made for about 110 bucks or a custom leather jacket downtown seoul for 90-200.

koreans always got the connection on fabrics and customs on the cheap.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:03 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by 5150
jebbus christ K-D what are you an ex powerlifter? 22's go on cars not arms. hahaha. weird answer but i am going to suggest going into a couple of the local dry cleaners that do leather alterations. they should have good trade industry contacts and can point you in the right direction for sure.

also try a korean dry cleaners those ***** can mod and sew like no bodys business. Back in korea i could get 3, 3 piece suits made for about 110 bucks or a custom leather jacket downtown seoul for 90-200.

koreans always got the connection on fabrics and customs on the cheap.

I forgot about those cleaners and alteration shops around post. When i was in the Army, i use to buy 40" waisted pants and have them altered down to a 32" waist so that my thighs would fit into the jeans. I guess i could pick up something close to my size on ebay and have leather panels added to fit me. It's worth a shot.

"jebbus christ K-D what are you an ex powerlifter?" Yep, but was more into Mixed Martial Arts. I was the reigning c.q.c. champ in my unit in '93, '94, '95 & '96. Believe it or not, but i never lost a fight. I ETS'ed out of the Army in '96. If i were still in the same shape today as i was in back then, i would love a shot at Brock Lesnar, i think i could take him!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:17 PM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
I've worn Manx Leathers for the last 25 years. They do nice custom work.
<http://www.manxleathers.com/>
Old 07-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Back Marker

gssbmm
I'd consider www.spartanleathers.com/ they seem to have a good product i just haven't had a chance to order yet but have seen them in person.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:25 PM
SuperBike

Thanks everyone for the replies and the pm's. I just had a mechanical failure on my airplane today just as i was rotating, so the money i had set aside for leathers is now gonna be buying me some parts for my Cherokee.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:01 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
Remind me to never **** with you K D!
Old 07-16-2009, 08:59 PM
I don't need any Meds
Superstock

Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy
Remind me to never **** with you K D!
lol shizzy you got some uhmm.. some stuff on your nose..

nah just messing with you. KD is freaking huge. when you see him coming you shoot at him not confront him.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:04 PM
I don't need any Meds
Superstock

I forgot about those cleaners and alteration shops around post. When i was in the Army, i use to buy 40" waisted pants and have them altered down to a 32" waist so that my thighs would fit into the jeans. I guess i could pick up something close to my size on ebay and have leather panels added to fit me. It's worth a shot.

"jebbus christ K-D what are you an ex powerlifter?" Yep, but was more into Mixed Martial Arts. I was the reigning c.q.c. champ in my unit in '93, '94, '95 & '96. Believe it or not, but i never lost a fight. I ETS'ed out of the Army in '96. If i were still in the same shape today as i was in back then, i would love a shot at Brock Lesnar, i think i could take him!

dude that is a fight i would love to see too. i do not think i like brock to much. i am zero fan of WWF or any other highly holly wood make up type stuff. but UFC holy ****. now that is worth watching..well untill brock. i do like some of his comments though but idk he presented them in sucha wrestling style that it kind of took something away from the pure ness of UFC.

Hey KD personally i would rather see you fight Kimbo Slice in a back yard brawl. i know he lost but have you seen his back yard stuff pre MMA? that **** can freaking bang some heads. i think in a boxing match tyson might even lose to Kimbo if they were both at their best, what do you think of that match up?

Good luck on getting the mechincals fixed.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Squid

rhorsley is on a distinguished road
For what it's worth, maybe you should have a look at the Joe Rocket GPX Type-R suit. I'm 5'10" and about 255. My arms aren't quite 22", but my problem is my belly. Never had a beer, but you could fit a case in there! Seriously though, I wear a 42" waist pant with a 30" inseam. I bought a size 52 GPX Type-R suit and it's almost perfect. The sleeves are SLIGHTLY long, but other than that it's great. They also have a size 54 available is the 52 would be too snug. Once the Cherokee is fixed, give it a shot.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:15 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by rhorsley
For what it's worth, maybe you should have a look at the Joe Rocket GPX Type-R suit. I'm 5'10" and about 255. My arms aren't quite 22", but my problem is my belly. Never had a beer, but you could fit a case in there! Seriously though, I wear a 42" waist pant with a 30" inseam. I bought a size 52 GPX Type-R suit and it's almost perfect. The sleeves are SLIGHTLY long, but other than that it's great. They also have a size 54 available is the 52 would be too snug. Once the Cherokee is fixed, give it a shot.

This is exactly the info i was waiting for, brand, type & size. Thanks rhorsley.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:27 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by 5150
dude that is a fight i would love to see too. i do not think i like brock to much. i am zero fan of WWF or any other highly holly wood make up type stuff. but UFC holy ****. now that is worth watching..well untill brock. i do like some of his comments though but idk he presented them in sucha wrestling style that it kind of took something away from the pure ness of UFC.

Hey KD personally i would rather see you fight Kimbo Slice in a back yard brawl. i know he lost but have you seen his back yard stuff pre MMA? that **** can freaking bang some heads. i think in a boxing match tyson might even lose to Kimbo if they were both at their best, what do you think of that match up?

Good luck on getting the mechincals fixed.

I am a huge fan of UFC. I have never been a fan or watched any of the fights on WWF.

Now days i only fight to defend my family or if i dont like you. Remember that i said "If i were still in the same shape today as i was in back then!" All this fight talking just makes a man want to hit someone, j/k, not kidding, j/k, not kidding. Hell i just punched my coworker for yall getting me all worked up!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:44 PM
I don't need any Meds
Superstock

I am a huge fan of UFC. I have never been a fan or watched any of the fights on WWF.

Now days i only fight to defend my family or if i dont like you. Remember that i said "If i were still in the same shape today as i was in back then!" All this fight talking just makes a man want to hit someone, j/k, not kidding, j/k, not kidding. Hell i just punched my coworker for yall getting me all worked up!
haha man dont be beating on your co workers. how the hell are you supposed to take a siesta if you put all the other workers to sleep? some one has to make it look like every one is working.

You crack me up though K-D. i can just see you sneaking up on some one right know and throwing them ina rear naked choke.. then you yelling " yeah bitch what now? huh ****, sleepy time for you!!!" lol then mike from accouting falling on his desk as big john jumps out of the closet for a 3 count and then the pick up of his hand and the let go to make sure he can no longer defend himself. hahaha then big John yelling" winner by way of rear naked choke in the first round at 12 seconds K-D willlliiiaaaaaammmmmmmmms"

lol hmmmmm maybe i have had some of what Nuhawk was having ......

Old 07-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Squid

rhorsley is on a distinguished road
5150, we've got to get that SoCal ride together, you sound like a lot of fun.

This is exactly the info i was waiting for, brand, type & size. Thanks rhorsley.
Glad to be of service. I hope it works out for you.