Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

Great support from my helmet manufacturer SHARK

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Back Marker

20_rc51_00 is on a distinguished road
Great support from my helmet manufacturer SHARK

So when I originally purchased my RSR2 at the end of last season I was adjusting the visor to my liking and I happened to over tighten a small but critical screw on the plate that the visor detente mechanism mounts to. So I contacted SHARK about needing to purchase a replacement part and they put me in touch with the USA distributor. I was contacted immediately by a nice guy by the name of Brian C. He ordered and got the parts to me post haste. Now about 8 months later I find myself needing a a new part, this time not by a fault of my own. I was on a ride and found that my visor was not locking down into place as affirmatively as it used to. When I got home I realized that I had lost a tiny button that helps latch it in place. First thing I did was email Brian regarding the situation, not once did I ask for or insinuate that I wanted anything for free in any way. Within 15 min I had a reply in my inbox and we were emailing back and forth. He told me he was ordering the part from France and having it shipped right to me.

I thought it would be appropriate to take 10 minutes to write about the outstanding service I have received from day 1 from Shark and their USA distributor Brian. It feels great knowing that there are companies out there who stand behind their product and support the buyers in a pinch.

Have to say that I have been thrilled with the helmet since day one and the service that I have received. I see myself being a future repeat customer and perhaps a brand loyalist.

Consider SHARK in the running as your net helmet if you haven't already.

Last edited by 20_rc51_00; 06-01-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Back Marker

altosuperhawk is on a distinguished road
That's encouraging information. I own and ride with four different Shark RSR-2's and haven't needed any support yet. The RSR-2 is a substantial and very safe feeling helmet- one of my favorites.