Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

Fox Racing

Old 11-16-2008, 10:01 PM
On a Jonda, or a Hondo...
Squid

txrb182sc is on a distinguished road
Cool Fox Racing

So I'm looking at motorcycle gear at motorcycle-usa superstore and I go to the casual clothing portion of the site and I see Fox Racing crap everywhere. Ball caps (not the curved bill kind, the flat-billed 'stick-on-your-head-sideways kind), beanies, visors, tee-shirts, cargo shorts, and of course, the necessary flip-flops.

I'm new to motorcycling, and my superhawk is my first bike; but I've never even seen any real Fox Racing motorcycle gear. Unless they just sell to the squidly tee-shirt, cargo shorts, and flip-flops crowd. -Try myrtle beach- Anyways maybe this should have gone in the rant forum. I have enough trouble getting my friends to wait for me to put on my jacket, gloves, and helmet.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:12 PM
SuperSport

Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
fox street motorcycle racing gear? to my knowledge, they only make motocross gear.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:33 PM
SuperBike

Truckinduc is on a distinguished road
ya i used fox gear when i raced motocross. Then all the squids started wearing their street ****.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:17 AM
RIP Zy! You will always be in our hearts.
SuperSport

Blue Ridge Boy is on a distinguished road
Fox's street company is called Shift. It is made by Fox...but for the street. I do have to say though...Fox has become more than motocross gear. I now see people on the street with Fox **** on who have no idea what a motorcycle is.
Very few people know about Shift though. I have a jacket of theirs and love it. They have some damn cool designs and are really different.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:24 AM
SuperSport

Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
definitely, shift makes really awesome apparel.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Fox did make street gear years ago. I had a pair of road race gloves back in the day(85').
Then Fox decided to make a lower price point MX gear company called SHIFT(late 90's).
In recent years Shift has made street gear too.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:33 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Fox has gone mainstream like Alpinestars with more casual "designer" stuff. It's nice cause I can go to the mall and get stuff on the rare occasions I go there, but it pisses me off when I see girlymen wearing the name who would never even get a little dirty much less ride a 2 wheeled death trap. Occassionally I ask people wearing motorcycle oriented stuff (usually Fox) what they ride and most of them reply "Nahh, I don't ride, I just like their stuff, but my friend's brother had a minibike when we were kids". Posers...I wouldn't dare be caught wearing something that represents a sport I never participated in.