Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

Draggin' Jeans - defective?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Squid

98vtr1000 is on a distinguished road
Draggin' Jeans - defective?

I ordered some draggin jeans about 2 weeks ago. I recieved them promptly and with good service. I wore them out for my first ride and on the way to the bike I bent over to fix my boot and heard a huge Ripppppp. Looked down and noticed that the left "crotch area" had totally ripped.

Anyway - anyone else experienced this type of thing? I emailed draggin' to inform them of my situation and I'm waiting for their email. I'll keep ya'll posted. Hoping for a refund (if they rip when bending down, what happens if you crash) or at least a new pair since these never saw a minute on the bike.:-?
Old 09-16-2006, 09:08 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Oh, ****! I just ordered a pair today. Let us know how they respond. Man, did even make it to the bike? That's got to be defective if ever. Good Luck!
Old 09-17-2006, 06:15 AM
Squid

shawkpilot is on a distinguished road
I'd keep them as conversation starters. I always though sport bike riders had big *****, but to rip the crotch out of kevlar jeans, that's a wall hanger!
Old 09-17-2006, 08:02 AM
MotoGP

Big Rollers!

Now that's no bull! Or should I say that's big bull! In deed, framing for the garage or shop is an excellent idea. I'm still chuckling!
Old 09-21-2006, 08:18 PM
MotoGP

98, Have you heard anything about your jeans? I got mine yesterday and like txsupershicken advised - left the tags on stretched, squats, one leg squats, all good. They are so comfortable I really could wear these everyday. They're a little looser than my regular jeans but now days I'm not working around as much machinery as I used to. Hope your situation turns out ok. Please post up when you hear because I'm serious about buying more than one pair.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:23 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by nuhawk
98, Have you heard anything about your jeans? I got mine yesterday and like txsupershicken advised - left the tags on stretched, squats, one leg squats, all good. They are so comfortable I really could wear these everyday. They're a little looser than my regular jeans but now days I'm not working around as much machinery as I used to. Hope your situation turns out ok. Please post up when you hear because I'm serious about buying more than one pair.
just recieved my postage paid return bag in the mail. They are refundung with no problems. Very easy to deal with.
the size/style to replace my jeans is now on backorder for 4-6 weeks so I'll re-order then if I can not find anything befor then. Have some Icon Superduty pants arriving via UPS today - not as much pretection but if they look cool and fit well and don't rip befor i get them to the bike I guess they would be better choice than jeans for the street.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:09 PM
MotoGP

Glad to hear it 98. I'm glad they were easy to deal with.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:53 AM
Squid

turboblue is on a distinguished road
i've been reading this forum for quite some time and for some reason haven't posted. i'm really good friends with the owner of Fast Company. I have owned several motorcycles (honda hawk, duc 900ss) and have worn draggin jeans for the duration of the time in the saddle. have had an accident or two and i can assure, these jeans are the best in the industry short of wearing race leathers. i have fallen on my butt and my right knee, and all i have ever gotten is a little strawberry. they drag test these jeans with real people behind a truck. its neat to look at a pair after testing because on the butt there is no jean left but just a sheet of kevlar. they have recently changed manufacturers because the previous one produced too many blems (second quality jeans). now they use the pointer brand factory to custom make their jeans (made in the usa for sure) but use their own choice of heavier grade denim and a patented weave of kevlar. i think if you had a problem with the jeans it was a one-off defective pair. the most complaints i have heard of them is that they don't fit. most people shop at big name stores (old navy is the worst) and when you get a pair of jeans a department store they try to make you feel like you are slimmer by fudging the size a little bit. they know you will try them on so they make the label size smaller than it actually is. when people order draggin jeans they often use the size of the department store jeans as the size they need and wind up getting a size or two small. anyway, not trying to advertise here, just trying to stand up for my buddy. these people are all about quality and customer service so don't give up hope yet.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by turboblue
i've been reading this forum for quite some time and for some reason haven't posted. i'm really good friends with the owner of Fast Company. I have owned several motorcycles (honda hawk, duc 900ss) and have worn draggin jeans for the duration of the time in the saddle. have had an accident or two and i can assure, these jeans are the best in the industry short of wearing race leathers. i have fallen on my butt and my right knee, and all i have ever gotten is a little strawberry. they drag test these jeans with real people behind a truck. its neat to look at a pair after testing because on the butt there is no jean left but just a sheet of kevlar. they have recently changed manufacturers because the previous one produced too many blems (second quality jeans). now they use the pointer brand factory to custom make their jeans (made in the usa for sure) but use their own choice of heavier grade denim and a patented weave of kevlar. i think if you had a problem with the jeans it was a one-off defective pair. the most complaints i have heard of them is that they don't fit. most people shop at big name stores (old navy is the worst) and when you get a pair of jeans a department store they try to make you feel like you are slimmer by fudging the size a little bit. they know you will try them on so they make the label size smaller than it actually is. when people order draggin jeans they often use the size of the department store jeans as the size they need and wind up getting a size or two small. anyway, not trying to advertise here, just trying to stand up for my buddy. these people are all about quality and customer service so don't give up hope yet.

I don't doubt that they are a quality product as they would not last in this industry without good first hand experiences being shared. As with any product sometimes sh%t happens and i just got a bad pair i guess. Draggin jeans were great to work with and reply very quickly. They were very quick to fix the problem the best they could. I sent the defective pair back and they said that they would refund me when they recieve them. Unfortunalty the Utility jeans are on back order for 5 weeks and I have to have something to ride in NOW. So I ordered some Icon superduty pants and LOVE them. The fit great and are very comfortable. I know that the protection is a fraction of that of the Draggin jeans but i still think that draggin should buy a pair of these pants and use this pattern. The fit and comfort level is superior but again I know would not turn out as well if I had a get off in the icons compared to draggin.
Anyway. Thanks for the reply. I'll certainly use draggin again as soon as they get the utility jeans in again.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:02 AM
MotoGP

Thanks for your post turbo and 98. All of us who provide a product for public consumption realize that there is going to be (hopefully) those few times when things go wrong. The measure of that provider is how they resond to this unfortunate event. I am very pleased with my draggin jeans and I will buy more. (I might buy a pair of the Icons too!) I am all about loyalty to good products and good people. I plan to use my jeans as everyday wear as the traffic on weekends is something I am just not ready to deal with. When all the office folks are at the office you can actually drive around this city pretty easily. I'm out to customer meetings, jobsites, suppliers all the time so having attire that is presentable, comfortable and provides a level of safety is important to me. Thank you gentlemen!