RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

What a twisted world

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Back Marker

MOONSTER is on a distinguished road
What a twisted world

Ok, I've just got to get this off my chest. For the life of me, I have a hard time understanding why people make such a big deal out of actors, professional sports, & which politian is screwing who. How many have heard of a man named Ed Freeman? That would be Capt. Ed Freeman. Well, past on last Wednsday @ the grand age of 70. Who was this man, well he was just the recipient of the Medal of Honor that he earned on November 11, 1967. On this ill fated day at a place called LZ X-RAY, US troops were out numbered 8 to 1 & taking heavy fire, so heavy that medvac choppers were ordered to stay away. Not Capt. Freeman, he came not once, but 13 times to evac 29 soldiers. He was wounded himself 4 times in the legs & arm. My point? Why do we not here about the real heros, just about celebrities, poloticians, or professional athleats. I, for one am sick of it. I realize alot of you on this forum probably haven't spent any time in military service so maybe you won't get it, your world comes apart if your favorite ball player gets hurt or heaven forbid, the basketball season maybe canceled this year because the players can't get enough money. How many of you said thanks to a Vet this last Veterans Day? Why do I ask? I put out a post this last Vets Day & got a whole 2 replys. Was not looking for anybody to thank me personally, there are alot of vets on this forum that I'm sure feel the same. As the saying goes, Some have sacrificed some, Some have sacrificed all! Read my signiture & THINK about what it means. Ok, done ranting.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:57 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Hey I am with you on that. I have no reguard for actors or politicians. I refuse to watch the news because it is filled with that nonsense. Its true the general population reguards the people who are faking it way more than the true heros doing the real thing.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:46 AM
Squid
Squid

Mike Heffernan is on a distinguished road
Ed Freeman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe I'll carry a copy of this around so I can show it to anyone who refers to someone who makes a play to win a game as a "hero." Personally, I reserve the use of that word for someone who risks his or her life for the good of others.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:25 AM
Back Marker

PappySmears is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MOONSTER
Ok, I've just got to get this off my chest. For the life of me, I have a hard time understanding why people make such a big deal out of actors, professional sports, & which politian is screwing who. How many have heard of a man named Ed Freeman? That would be Capt. Ed Freeman. Well, past on last Wednsday @ the grand age of 70. Who was this man, well he was just the recipient of the Medal of Honor that he earned on November 11, 1967. On this ill fated day at a place called LZ X-RAY, US troops were out numbered 8 to 1 & taking heavy fire, so heavy that medvac choppers were ordered to stay away. Not Capt. Freeman, he came not once, but 13 times to evac 29 soldiers. He was wounded himself 4 times in the legs & arm. My point? Why do we not here about the real heros, just about celebrities, poloticians, or professional athleats. I, for one am sick of it. I realize alot of you on this forum probably haven't spent any time in military service so maybe you won't get it, your world comes apart if your favorite ball player gets hurt or heaven forbid, the basketball season maybe canceled this year because the players can't get enough money. How many of you said thanks to a Vet this last Veterans Day? Why do I ask? I put out a post this last Vets Day & got a whole 2 replys. Was not looking for anybody to thank me personally, there are alot of vets on this forum that I'm sure feel the same. As the saying goes, Some have sacrificed some, Some have sacrificed all! Read my signiture & THINK about what it means. Ok, done ranting.
For God sake man ,,,,,Paragraph!!! That made my eyes bleed... good points apart from that
Old 12-02-2011, 12:00 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
I rode with the 195th Assault Helicopters from Dec. 1969 to Dec. 1970, 67N2F mos, the bird was a UH-1C. For the uninitiated, that means crew chief on a Huey gunship. Not a slick, a gun.

Ed Freeman was legend.

TMZ channel twits are useless, Fox is faux, MSNBC is noisy, broadcast media is clueless, columnists breathe heavily to hear the sound of their own opinions, and when aspersions are cast, those casting generally stand in glass houses. Makes me weary.

I don't need a veteran's day hat, pat on the back or a thankee thankee. But don't EVER tell me that I'm not taking something seriously because I don't respond. Here's serious. Newt Gingrich assaulted the patriotism of Max Cleland and got away with it. Guess who this Republican will never vote for should Newt get the nod from my party for the coming election.

Web-site rants aren't serious, the voting franchise is.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by PUSHrod
I rode with the 195th Assault Helicopters from Dec. 1969 to Dec. 1970, 67N2F mos, the bird was a UH-1C. For the uninitiated, that means crew chief on a Huey gunship. Not a slick, a gun.

Ed Freeman was legend.

TMZ channel twits are useless, Fox is faux, MSNBC is noisy, broadcast media is clueless, columnists breathe heavily to hear the sound of their own opinions, and when aspersions are cast, those casting generally stand in glass houses. Makes me weary.

I don't need a veteran's day hat, pat on the back or a thankee thankee. But don't EVER tell me that I'm not taking something seriously because I don't respond. Here's serious. Newt Gingrich assaulted the patriotism of Max Cleland and got away with it. Guess who this Republican will never vote for should Newt get the nod from my party for the coming election.

Web-site rants aren't serious, the voting franchise is.
PUSHrod, never ment to question anyones patriotism. Knew as soon as I clicked the sumit I should have left that line out about how few responded to the Vets day post.

Sometimes the true meaning gets lost in print. My main issue was with how people seem to put importance in the wrong things IMOA.

Also as I stated, was'nt looking for a pat on my back either, just felt, as it was veteran's day that I , as a 24 year vet would say thank you to all my brothers & sisters in arms for their sacrifies.

So, again my apoliges if I made you feel that I questioned your patriotism because you did not respond.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by RK1
So what are you suggesting? People should take down their Kim Kardashain, Sean Penn and Lady GaGa posters and replace them with posters of men who have actually risked their lives to defend the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Federalist Papers, the American culture and way of life? You must be some kind of subversive, militia man or white wing wacko! Do Obama and Janet Napolitano know about you?
That would be a yes, yes, & a no. Well maybe not the Kim Kardashain poster, she's got a great set of knockers & a nice butt.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Back Marker

jeephawk is on a distinguished road
The short answer... People are dumb and easily manipulated.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:44 AM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jeephawk
The short answer... People are dumb and easily manipulated.
Nothing new in that!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Squid

alwayshonda is on a distinguished road
Everything in the media is about money and ratings. If they can't profit off of it in some way, it is of no use to them. I was in the military too and agree with what you are saying. I blame an increasing amount of ignorance and stupidity. Until we encourage more education, we are doomed to live among morons. How else can you explain the success of Jersey Shore? We need more insight into what matters... and less of "reality tv".
Old 12-05-2011, 01:40 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I was just trying to tell someone that the biggest problems today are ignorance and apathy, he said "I don't know what you are talking about and I don't care".
Old 12-05-2011, 02:59 PM
mcg
Squid

mcg is on a distinguished road
I admire anyone with guts and the courage to carry on... Take Cnl . Vaugn at 65 he wa divorced and bankrupt. He picked himself up moved to Alaska and started a new life sweeping floors in a hotel. Build a new life he did! At 99 he travelled to antartica and climbed mnt. Vaughn with his much younger wife.
He had been Admiral Bird's dog team leader on Bird's south polar expedition which is why the mountain was named for him.
There are real heroes all around us...you might be one!