SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   RANT! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/rant-41/)
-   -   Stop flaming the damn newbies!! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/rant-41/stop-flaming-damn-newbies-20370/)

nekkid 10-06-2009 06:31 AM

This is a serious question.
When is one no longer considered a noob?
Is it a length of time thing or a number of posts thing?

runrowdy 10-06-2009 06:41 AM

Everyone is entitled to adaquate answers to their pressing questions. Not everyone can afford spiraling diagnostic costs from these out of control Honda dealerships. I say free advice for everyone! :p

Tweety 10-06-2009 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by nekkid (Post 237736)
This is a serious question.
When is one no longer considered a noob?
Is it a length of time thing or a number of posts thing?

If ou are refering to the title "Squid" under your name it's based on posts yes...

Noob... Well... I'd say that it's when you start contributing to the society around here...;)

Could be offering up advice or just being wacky... :rolleyes: Doesn't matter... Me am doing a bit of both... :rotf:
If you show up enough for people to know who you are, then your not a noob anymore...

Little_Horse 10-06-2009 07:38 AM

I agree, with Tweety on what makes you a noob. If you contribute to the forum then not a noob. If all you do is ask questions, and take take take, then noob.

I read almost every thread and I never thought we where mean to noobs. :rolleyes:

Erik S. 10-06-2009 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by cornandp (Post 237747)
I agree, with Tweety on what makes you a noob. If you contribute to the forum then not a noob. If all you do is ask questions, and take take take, then noob.

I read almost every thread and I never thought we where mean to noobs. :rolleyes:

I read about 90% of the posts. I've seen some harshness, but not down right meanness to noobs.

I do agree, seeing "search" all the time gets old, but I also understand the flip side. I usually do the search, provide the results and a smart ass comment like "see how easy that was".

It's a battle that will never be won. Even if there is a "new guy" post that should be read, you know everyone won't read it.

I know where noob came from, but this is probably a more accurate term for the new guys, we use it on Submarines: NUB - None Useful Body They're good for nothing until they learn and get qualified. Most people are NUBs when they come here, then they read/learn/attempt and have useful info to provide to the new NUBs.

L8RGYZ 10-06-2009 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by thumper61713 (Post 237601)
Thank you!!! I was thinking the same exact thing...

Yeah, a lot of times folks are just looking for people to interact with because they're psyched about their new Super Hawk.

The "use the search" advise is helpful, but the snooty attitude isn't. (BTW, I am far superior to those with snooty attitudes. :evillaugh: )

L8RGYZ 10-06-2009 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by drew_c14 (Post 237638)
Agreed that the all CAPS and poor spelling are really annoying....

Yes, but whats reelly annoying is people who just have too point out other people's misteaks.

Tweety 10-06-2009 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by cornandp (Post 237747)

If someone thinks we actually are mean to them, they are probably on the wrong forum... Mayby a forum for little old ladies knitting is more appropriorate...;)

Harsh, yes... Tongue in check whacky comments, yes... But mean... No, definetly not... I haven't seen that on the forum, generally we kind of moderate ourselfes...

If anyone is offended by me, say it... That's how I work... I'm allergic to PC... ;) God know's I have offended people... Sometimes just by being in tha same room... :crackup:

Tweety 10-06-2009 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by L8RGYZ (Post 237752)
Yes, but whats reelly annoying is people who just have too point out other people's misteaks.

Are the steaks any good? I had barbeque for dinner tonight... :rotf: Sorry... :rolleyes:

8541Hawk 10-06-2009 12:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Erik S. (Post 237750)
I read about 90% of the posts. I've seen some harshness, but not down right meanness to noobs.

I do agree, seeing "search" all the time gets old, but I also understand the flip side. I usually do the search, provide the results and a smart ass comment like "see how easy that was".

It's a battle that will never be won. Even if there is a "new guy" post that should be read, you know everyone won't read it.

I know where noob came from, but this is probably a more accurate term for the new guys, we use it on Submarines: NUB - None Useful Body They're good for nothing until they learn and get qualified. Most people are NUBs when they come here, then they read/learn/attempt and have useful info to provide to the new NUBs.

Damn Bubble Head...... Attachment 7268Attachment 7268

thumper61713 10-06-2009 12:35 PM

Weird?

Originally Posted by Syclone (Post 237686)
If some noob makes a post just asking questions, I usually leave it, but when their grammar is terrible and/or they have their Cool Cruise Control aka Caps Lock on, I just can't help myself. Besides, most of the time the "flaming" is harmless and could be MUCH worse.

By the same token Drew, if you don't like the flaming, don't read it!
And thumper61713, I'd hardly call my last "flame" freaking out. And I did exactly what you suggested in your post, giving the OP a bit of info, so piss off.

You know whats funny Syclone?? You did NOT have a second post before I commented and now you do??? That is quite peculiar?? Oh well I guess its my mistake huh? Oh and I think I am fine pissing on and not off thanks though...

L8RGYZ 10-06-2009 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety (Post 237767)
Are the steaks any good? I had barbeque for dinner tonight... :rotf: Sorry... :rolleyes:

Yup, they're good... but the misteaks were tough. :rotf: Sorry... :rolleyes:

RK1 10-06-2009 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety (Post 237767)

Ha Ha! I prefer a New York Strip, but when a Swede has to correct an American on the proper use of the English language, it's not long before we'll all be surviving on fried possum or roof rat on corn tortillas!

Tweety 10-06-2009 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by RK1 (Post 237780)
Ha Ha! I prefer a New York Strip, but when a Swede has to correct an American on the proper use of the English language, it's not long before we'll all be surviving on fried possum or roof rat on corn tortillas!

Nah leave the possums alone, New York Strip is way better... I just can't help myself... But it took me atleast 3-4 minutes of going... Nah... that had to be deliberate, before posting...

divingindaytona 10-06-2009 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety (Post 237741)
If ou are refering to the title "Squid" under your name it's based on posts yes...

Great here come the post whores!

Syclone 10-06-2009 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by thumper61713 (Post 237777)
You know whats funny Syclone?? You did NOT have a second post before I commented and now you do??? That is quite peculiar?? Oh well I guess its my mistake huh? Oh and I think I am fine pissing on and not off thanks though...

Well, if you'd learn to read, you'd see that I replied again at 9am that morning, and you replied RIGHT after me 5 hours later...

Erik S. 10-07-2009 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk (Post 237770)
Damn Bubble Head...... Attachment 7268Attachment 7268

Yes I am.

nuhawk 10-07-2009 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by RK1 (Post 237780)

This is why I buy artisan bread :rotf:

nuhawk 10-07-2009 05:08 PM

How many Texans does it take to eat an Amadillo?

1 to do the chewin' and 2 watch for traffic.

8541Hawk 10-07-2009 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Erik S. (Post 237894)
Yes I am.

You guys saved my ass big time once...... Thanks ;)

k-d-williams 10-07-2009 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by nuhawk (Post 237988)
How many Texans does it take to eat an Amadillo?

1 to do the chewin' and 2 watch for traffic.

Me and Randy will keep our eyes open for cars while you dine!

Erik S. 10-08-2009 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk (Post 237990)
You guys saved my ass big time once...... Thanks ;)

You'll have to tell me sometime.

socalmike 10-26-2009 02:54 PM

These bikes have been here for 10 years, pretty much everything to be known has been posted at some point. Almost everything is covered somewhere in the archives. If all we did was search there'd be no forum.
Best response ever. I wish more people felt this way. ~mike