RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Stop flaming the damn newbies!!

Old 10-05-2009, 02:13 PM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
Stop flaming the damn newbies!!

If you're tired of reading threads about tires, oil and exhaust then stop clicking on them! It's that freaking simple. Yes, I understand that it's gets old seeing the same old questions being asked day after day when the search function works just fine. But your not paying for the damn bandwidth, so shut up!

If all you have to say is the same old crap about "use the search" than just don't say anything at all. At the very least don't be a dick about about it.

Rant over...
Old 10-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Squid
Squid

thumper61713 is on a distinguished road
Thank you!!! I was thinking the same exact thing...
Old 10-05-2009, 02:36 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Well it tends to only be people who CANT FIND THE CAPS LOCK KEY OR SPEEL BEETTER THEAN A 2ND GRADER that really get flamed.

Those who start out with an introduction and well worded questions usually get a good reaction. (even if we have heard the question before)
Old 10-05-2009, 02:39 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
use the search button, noobs; lol
Old 10-05-2009, 03:00 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lazn
Well it tends to only be people who CANT FIND THE CAPS LOCK KEY OR SPEEL BEETTER THEAN A 2ND GRADER that really get flamed.
Yeah they rank up there with the guy who was looking to buy my project '99 and he asked me 1) is it a v-twin? 2)does it have a kickstand? 3)does it have a kickstarter? YES HE DID.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
I like to think that people, newbie's included tend to get what they put out...

I regularily "flame" as you put it and tell them to use search, but I also give them part of the answear... If they keep sitting there with their mouth's open like baby birds waiting to be fed, I'll gladly walk all over them... If not I'll be just as happy to help them...

A one sentence first post in caps and bad spelling asking for information that a blind hen would stumble over doesn't deserve a overwhelming welcome... A post with a bit of thought behind it, starting with the briefest of presentation isn't that hard to accomplish...

If you feel different, feel free to be the welcome wagon...
Old 10-05-2009, 03:29 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
If they seem to have the expectation that everyone else should do all the thinking for them, I agree they don't deserve help, but you can still ignore them. Criticizing them in the tech section just makes the whole forum look bad. If you want free help from me you have to at least put up a miniscule shred of effort on your end.

Some of it is unwarranted though. New members might not have forum experience either, so they don't realize how aggravating it is from another point of view to hear the same questions over and over. To them it's a new question.

These bikes have been here for 10 years, pretty much everything to be known has been posted at some point. Almost everything is covered somewhere in the archives. If all we did was search there'd be no forum.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Moto Man is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LineArrayNut
use the search button, noobs; lol
...lol
Old 10-05-2009, 04:05 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster
If they seem to have the expectation that everyone else should do all the thinking for them, I agree they don't deserve help, but you can still ignore them. Criticizing them in the tech section just makes the whole forum look bad. If you want free help from me you have to at least put up a miniscule shred of effort on your end.

Some of it is unwarranted though. New members might not have forum experience either, so they don't realize how aggravating it is from another point of view to hear the same questions over and over. To them it's a new question.

These bikes have been here for 10 years, pretty much everything to be known has been posted at some point. Almost everything is covered somewhere in the archives. If all we did was search there'd be no forum.
Like I said... I give them half an answear... And a bit of critizing... If they have the brains to some back with a real question I'll gladly help... If they cant take it or can't put the effort in... Well... Good riddance...

And that to me doesn't make the forum look bad... An all out flame would, but I haven't seen that here in a good while...

And if they don't have experience on a forum, how will they learn to interact in a manner that's productive to all of us?
By 100+ people ignoring them, or by somone telling them to stop using CAPS, do some reading, and present themselfes and their problem and then ask a decent question?
My money is on the later... Altough agreed it has to be done with a bit of finesse... And I'll gladly admit that I sometime's lack the patience for that...

Last edited by Tweety; 10-05-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:11 PM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
AAAGHGH!!!!%$@%%#@$#^!

Originally Posted by Moto Man
...lol

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!?!?!??! AND HOW DO I SEARCH!!!! WHERE AM I!?!?!??!IS MY BIKE OK????HELP!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 04:23 PM
SuperBike

Agreed that the all CAPS and poor spelling are really annoying, but so is the same old "use the search" BS. Maybe we need one of those "READ THIS BEFORE MAKING FIRST POST" sticky threads and put some simple rules in it. If those rules are broken then let the flaming commence.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:24 PM
SuperBike

We could also link to some common search items like oil and exhaust, CCTS, etc, etc...
Old 10-05-2009, 04:34 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
DO YOU THINK IT'S MY CCTS OR MY R/R!

Sorry I couldn't help myself. Welcome all, it's just that some of us have been dealing with these bikes for years.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:40 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

And hey captain good to see you here. I don't even know how many parts I've bought off you anymore.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:42 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
What kind of oil should I use?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:42 PM
SuperBike

THEIR IS A WEIRD NOISE CAMING FROM THE BACK OF BIKE SOMTIMES. IT ONLY DOSE WHEN IT COLD OUTSIDE, BUT EVERYONCE IN A WHALE WHEN IT HOT TOO. IT SOUND LIKE A CHIMPMUNK TRYING TO CLIMB OUT OF A TIN CAN. WHAT IS IT?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:46 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

I'm crying laughing right now!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 04:51 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Originally Posted by drew_c14
THEIR IS A WEIRD NOISE CAMING FROM THE BACK OF BIKE SOMTIMES. IT ONLY DOSE WHEN IT COLD OUTSIDE, BUT EVERYONCE IN A WHALE WHEN IT HOT TOO. IT SOUND LIKE A CHIMPMUNK TRYING TO CLIMB OUT OF A TIN CAN. WHAT IS IT?
I THINK ITS THE FLUX CAPACITOR!
Old 10-05-2009, 05:13 PM
MotoGP

Agreed that the all CAPS and poor spelling are really annoying, but so is the same old "use the search" BS. Maybe we need one of those "READ THIS BEFORE MAKING FIRST POST" sticky threads and put some simple rules in it. If those rules are broken then let the flaming commence.
The only problem I see with this is the "read before" part... It hasn't worked so far and I highly doubt it ever will...

Possibly if it was a pop-up or reeeeeaaaallllyyyy slow scrolling screen at registration it might catch the attention of a few people... Might **** of as many though...

Rightou, rant done... Back to our normal scheduled wackyness...
Old 10-05-2009, 05:15 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kendrick
And hey captain good to see you here. I don't even know how many parts I've bought off you anymore.
Thanks! Glad someone's happy to see me
Old 10-05-2009, 05:16 PM
COBB Member
Superstock

stebbdt is on a distinguished road
Umm.. yeah, well beings as I'm new here too, as well as new to any kind of forum, (this one's my first), at first I kinda sat back and read the postings, trying to get a feel for the lay of the land. Saw a small bit of that harsh to noobs stuff, doped out what was expected, and haven't looked back.
I've seen you guy's time and again, go to great lengths to help someone out with tips, post up how to's with great detail etc. I also think its a hoot when once in awhile a thread gets off on a tanget and the banter starts.
So.. overall, maybe ya get smacked with a newspaper now and then when yer gettin trained, seems like a fair deal for what I'm gaining from you all (or is that y'all)?
Thanks.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:23 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by stebbdt
Umm.. yeah, well beings as I'm new here too, as well as new to any kind of forum, (this one's my first), at first I kinda sat back and read the postings, trying to get a feel for the lay of the land. Saw a small bit of that harsh to noobs stuff, doped out what was expected, and haven't looked back.
I've seen you guy's time and again, go to great lengths to help someone out with tips, post up how to's with great detail etc. I also think its a hoot when once in awhile a thread gets off on a tanget and the banter starts.
So.. overall, maybe ya get smacked with a newspaper now and then when yer gettin trained, seems like a fair deal for what I'm gaining from you all (or is that y'all)?
Thanks.
Hmm... So your saying newspaper OK, baseball bat not OK?

I'll keep that in mind...
Old 10-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Superstock

Jim TT
That reminds me of wedding where the brides brother showed up late at church and said so that the entire congregation could hear "the God-Dammm car wouldn't start".
Old 10-05-2009, 05:42 PM
COBB Member
Superstock

Talking

Originally Posted by Tweety
Hmm... So your saying newspaper OK, baseball bat not OK?

I'll keep that in mind...
Can't see the bruises that way.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:57 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Yeah, newbs can go bite their pillows if they don't like it. I teach for a living, and I know that it won't get too much better. The one thing that this forum has going for it is that the bike is "dated" and not a RRRRRR something or other. Besides that, be a big kid, strap up your nuts, and learn how not to be a teet sucking little biatch.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:50 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

You are so right!
Old 10-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Boosted
SuperSport

Syclone is on a distinguished road
If some noob makes a post just asking questions, I usually leave it, but when their grammar is terrible and/or they have their Cool Cruise Control aka Caps Lock on, I just can't help myself. Besides, most of the time the "flaming" is harmless and could be MUCH worse.

By the same token Drew, if you don't like the flaming, don't read it!
And thumper61713, I'd hardly call my last "flame" freaking out. And I did exactly what you suggested in your post, giving the OP a bit of info, so **** off.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:10 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
You need a new chain.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:25 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by autoteach
Yeah, newbs can go bite their pillows if they don't like it. I teach for a living, and I know that it won't get too much better. The one thing that this forum has going for it is that the bike is "dated" and not a RRRRRR something or other. Besides that, be a big kid, strap up your nuts, and learn how not to be a teet sucking little biatch.
Well said. I can't tell you how many students enrolled in my class to find out what was wrong with their car, then they would drop the class after monopolizing my time. I learned that many years ago.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:09 AM
COBB Member
Superstock

Efen whinin noobs, screw em. haha. Now, where's that damn newspaper.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stop flaming the damn newbies!!