RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Oprah stinks (Lance interview)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 07:00 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Oprah stinks (Lance interview)

So Lance Armstrong is on Oprah right now. I am sure he is being paid but it is basicly her berating him about what he did.

Ok I get what he did was wrong but where does Ofrah draw the line? NO WAY would she have a black guy on this show for the same reason. NO WAY.

I know she is very lowest common denominator but I guess I was hoping for something else. The guy is personally and publicly ruined so why have him on to kick him when he is down? Oh yeah, its ofrah.

Turning it off but geez. TONS of atheletes get busted for steroids. He didnt even do that.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:28 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
TONS of atheletes get busted for steroids. He didnt even do that.
Actually, yes he did (take them, not get busted for it). I didn't watch the interview but the they played a short blurb on the news here and he admits to using testosterone, which is precisely what steroids are (artificially synthesized testosterone). However, being in endurance events (although there was some obvious strength aspects, notably the long uphill sections at the T de F), he stood to gain much more from products and techniques whihc helped his endurance, like EPO and blood doping, both of which he admitted to.

That aside, he is but one of thousands of athletes to take drugs. I would be curious to see blood tests from ahtletes in the pro NA sports leagues (especially football).

Canada went through a bout of this nonsense after the 1988 Olympics after Ben JOhnson tested positive (shortly after decimating the field in the men's 100m sprint). Bleeding hearts everywhere crying about their disillusionment and disappointment. The truth is that he is the only one who got caught. Anyone who truly believes Johnson (or, in this case Armstrong) was alone in taking drugs is naive beyond belief.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

Hopey is on a distinguished road
Here Here! Mikster I second that.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:41 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Since when did she and all these other interviewers and self proclaimed psychologists ever have the right to judge any of these people? They have more skeletons in their closet than anyone and no one ever puts them on a pedestal and makes them explain themselves. He doesn't owe her an explanation, but apparently he feels the need to do that. It's his own damned fault. And while all the countless other professional athletes or hollywood whatevers who do drugs and beat their spouses never get or allow themselves to get dragged through the mud, some do. I guess they feel it necessary to "come clean." Others like Mike Tyson are just made an example of because the media could never stand them and when they get their chance they dig their teeth it. Arnold took steroids. Hell Obama smoked weed and snorted coke and no one cares...Are all of Lance Armstrongs sponsers going to give back all the money they've made off him all these years? I think not... Bunch of jealous losers. I'd like to see Oprah or that douchbag Pierce Morgan take steroids or blood dope and ride a bike and see how far they get. I'm not saying what he did was ok, and yeah it's really unfair to all those he competed against (never mind the fact that most of them are doing the same thing). But why make her more important that she already shouldn't be? Just have a damn press conference...

Last edited by captainchaos; 01-17-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:28 PM
SuperSport

twist is on a distinguished road
why not just allow them all to use steroids? If they all used the stuff the playing field would be level, wouldn't it? Then things would be more or less back to the way it was prior, kinda like Formula racing? Let them all enhance!. Is this idea just naive and ridiculous?
Old 01-17-2013, 08:33 PM
MotoGP

Like I said, I assume there is a big payday for him. Who could blame him since his life is shattered. Yeah, his fault but still. How many young athletes fall into the same trap. I am just sick of muckrakers like ofra who dont purport to have the striaght line to God, they think they ARE God.

Oh yeah right after I posted he mentioned the steroids.

But there are countless people...rubes if you will, that will tell you how much ofra has led them to some kind of enlightenment. She really stinks.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:12 AM
Squid

alternative_vtr is on a distinguished road
"why not just allow them all to use steroids? If they all used the stuff the playing field would be level"

Because it's a test of extreme human ability not chemicals from a lab. May as well say why not let them have electric motors on the bikes and do the Tour De France like that.

I think he is disgraceful, all these years people putting him on a pedestal when it was all a lie, plus he has made a fortune from it at the expense of genuine atheletes who he beat.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:41 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by twist
why not just allow them all to use steroids?
All Drug Olympics - Video - Dirty Button
Old 01-18-2013, 07:39 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Mikstr, along those lines:

It's Daniel Tosh, so probably NSFW depending on where you work...

Opera's boring; I don't get why she has sudden interest in bikes, anyway.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:32 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

wsharpman is on a distinguished road
all I can say about this whole BS is simple "who gives a rats a$$" ancient history as I see it...It was common then and no one gave a crap, now all of a sudden they are all looking for scape goats and doing witch hunts for purposes of "moving thier own personal agenda's and careers outing people..after all lets be honest here thats what it is really about! And Olfra is no acception. So which is moral and which isn't ? the guy for doing something that actually was common then or the asshat thats only trying to ruin a mans name from the past and boosting themselves both in the pocket as well as the hype?
Old 01-18-2013, 06:34 PM
MotoGP

That tosh is funny. He made a joke about moto racing once, he said yeah, I know its dangerous, but its also pointless. I like the way he is NOT politicly correct. No one is above having a joke made about them.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:30 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=smokinjoe73;347810]That tosh is funny.

Really gets me, just par.. If a dam Political figure lies, about weapon sales, or funds being spent, or embezzlement of tax funds. We the John,Joe, tax payer. Have to except some bald face lie. That we are to except-because we voted the bastard into office..
Have to agree with the majority- If you really believe that most of the pro athletes are not using some for help -your immature, and nieve

Last edited by 1971allchaos; 01-18-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:08 PM
MotoGP

Hey guys, the issue is not whether athletes take steroids. Its about ofra stinking. And stinking up the airwaves. Its a shame about Lance. She's a professional hater.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:37 AM
Squid

alternative_vtr is on a distinguished road
I have to disagree, it's cheating - plain and simple, it's not a shame about Lance - he cheated and he has admitted it. Some atheletes do take performance enhancing drugs but it's cheating and the genuine people who worked hard and lost to Lance Armstrong are the loosers in this as well as his sponsors and the public who followed him. I have no sympathy for him at all. The tour de France is a prestigious race that the elite win not a bottle of pills to make you super human. As for Oprah I am in the UK so never watched her programmes.

Last edited by alternative_vtr; 01-19-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:18 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
I don't know this for fact, but at lunch yesterday a friend told me there will now be 7 years of Tour de France history with no winner because all the nearest finishers, (and in several cases, entire teams) were all disqualified for doping. So I guess it's like the Tour never happened those years??