SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   RANT! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/rant-41/)
-   -   More of a Warning than a Rant!!! Warning, Warning (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/rant-41/more-warning-than-rant-warning-warning-8739/)

E.Marquez 01-24-2009 01:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So I'm looking for a new tail fairing

ebay hits return this seller.

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...1&d=1232834648
His description
USED REAR FAIRING AND TAILLIGHT. IN GREAT CONDITION. NO PROBLEMS, NO DAMAGE, INCLUDES TAIL LIGHT. THIS PART IS FROM A 2002 HONDA VTR1000 SUPERHAWK

Now I could be wrong, but look at the upper right part of the pic....Toward the inside,,, Is that a hunk missing?

E.Marquez 01-24-2009 04:21 PM

Email sent

In your description it states in part USED REAR FAIRING AND TAILLIGHT. IN GREAT CONDITION. NO PROBLEMS, NO DAMAGE,

but in the picture you uploaded http://i18.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/2b/7f/4757_1.JPG

inside, left by the taillight it looks like a hunk of the fairing is missing. Could be the angle or lighting, but it appears to be damaged. Please confirm no damage and if it is not, could you provide a picture that shows that.
Thanks.
His reply
Dear bigbronco78,

wasnt aware of that, auction has been updated

- southeastpowersports
So reading between the lines....
He sells a lot of crap.
Every once awhile he gets caught
...... kind a hard to miss a big hunk of plastic missing.

bcwood 08-01-2009 01:37 PM

I hate Ebay with a passion. You can't bid on anything, cause you always lose, so you have to buy "buy it now" stuff. Then the quality of the product is always in question, and its up to the seller to make good on something you have taken receipt of, and he could be a total goof, or running off to sell his next assortment of stolen goods, and will ignore you if you have a problem.

finepooch 08-01-2009 08:15 PM

used rotors on ebay sounds risky to me.

Liquidogged 08-01-2009 08:19 PM

I've been burned on ebay a couple times. Now they only take Paypal which I also hate, so I just try to avoid the circus altogether.

FireRescue 08-13-2009 09:34 PM

I just bought a headlight for 12.50... cant all be bad... it turned out WAAAY better than my stocker...

Randman 08-13-2009 09:46 PM

Talk about your old ass threads...LOL

nuhawk 08-13-2009 10:25 PM

Yeah, but their worst nightmare is that we're still around.

Randman 08-14-2009 06:30 AM

Too true...too true..LOL...

I miss the Hawk...

FL02SupaHawk996 08-14-2009 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Randman (Post 231180)
Too true...too true..LOL...

I miss the Hawk...

Buy another one...you aint gots no excuzes:)

CentralCoaster 08-14-2009 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by superhawk22 (Post 84686)
I'm sorry but if you're in the business of selling things then your first couple of responses should be courteous. I've sold a lot of stuff and you do get A LOT of stupid questions and even some people that I swear are just tyrying to piss you off. But if you have a business the customer is always right, until they step over your line of reason, then all bets are off and you rip them a new one.

:iagree:

So many idiots on ebay, and I'm sure that's why he has a short fuse. I've been dealing with morons on craigslist all month that can't/don't read the ad. But still, if he had at least a shred of patience he'd sell more and probably have lower blood pressure.

What a tool. Doesn't mean he's not a legit seller, but I'd hate to be on the wrong end of a transaction with him! His loss.

CentralCoaster 08-14-2009 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by LineArrayNut (Post 197263)
that dude is a jerkoff. he's just prickly by nature. same deal with me as he did you. sent me a "perfect" owners manual that was water damaged. said it happened in shipping lol.

Musta got wet on the Fedex boatride from Georgia to Tennessee. Happens all the time.

Randman 08-14-2009 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster (Post 231190)
Musta got wet on the Fedex boatride from Georgia to Tennessee. Happens all the time.

Wonder which lake they use to tranport...:rotf:

Forde 08-15-2009 01:47 PM

i just dont answer when people ask me dumb questions

i have all the info in my listings, e.g. if i was selling rotors i would state that they are straight and their thickness etc

Randman 08-15-2009 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Forde (Post 231348)

i have all the info in my listings, e.g. if i was selling rotors i would state that they are straight and their thickness etc

but, he did not...

I also list in great detail...hence, I hardly ever have to field a question....

Randman 08-15-2009 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Forde (Post 231348)

but, he did not...

I also list in great detail...hence, I hardly ever have to field a question....

Bolalype73 12-04-2009 01:22 AM

More of a Warning than a Rant Warning Warning

Ive had the same problem at my house. I dont get too many calls anymore 1-2 a month, so I decided to screw with them. It can be much more fun to taunt them and such than to hang up.