RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

DIE "PIT BULL" HATERS

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Superstock

maniac2313 is on a distinguished road
DIE "PIT BULL" HATERS

If you have breed restrictions on your rental property I get it... insurance neighbors yada yada yada.... But when you (a property management company) ask at the time of the lease and im up front and tell you i have an american stafshire terrier you require pics rabies tags and liscencing to get the HOME OWNERS WRITTEN CONSENT dont come bitch to me about my dog being on the property im renting and scaring people around the house!!! I DONT CARE IF YOU LIKE MY DOG OR NOT ITS MY RIGHT TO HAVE HIM!!! he isnt even truely a "pit bull" people want to classify any dog that looks a certain way a "pit bull" when theres a breed called american pit bull terrier for a damn reason!! pit terriers, staff terriers, and am staff terriers are all totally different but are some of the best breeds of dogs in existence today!!! they dont all bite people its totally how they are raised... if you read the akc definition of all of them theyre great family dogs (people friendly) but, not especially animal friendly, thus their use in dog fighting WHICH I AM 100% AGAINST I FEEL ITS DISGUSTING TO SET 2 DOGS LOOSE TO KILL EACH OTHER... of 5 dogs in these breeds i have owned none have ever bit any one!!! the 1 i have now even comes out to dinner with me and the lady (outside seating restaurants) with no problems with other people or dogs... dog parks on the regular no problems and these ******** want to threaten to kick me out after all the hoops i had to jump through to get this place (i even paid for the year up front with extra security deposit for the dog) just leave me the **** alone you California ******* idiots!!! at least theyre up front on the east coast... cant wait to get back to Jersey!!!sorry rant over
Old 10-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
OK
Old 10-22-2010, 06:02 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
May Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer be forever chewed on in Pit Bull hell.

We have a rescue Staffie that crawled up on my son's crewleader's porch near Ft. Bragg last Thanksgiving and tried to die. She was estimated at 6 weeks - been on the streets for days. She was in rough shape. Chas had the dog transported to Texas for the holdays. It cost him a trampoline for Wes' sons but she has turned out to be a real jewel.

I had terriers all through my teen years and early twenties but for the last 20 years have had Labs. It's such a joy to have a terrier in the house again. She's been a handful to train but all the terriers are. She's nearly a year now has a softer mouth than the Lab.

She commands the fences as her line of what's hers. She doesn't want out - doesn't try - but she's protective of her space and not shy about announcing it. I open the door to let them out and I tell her, "Let's go bark at the neighbors."

I also agree that people unfamiliar with the breed or terriers in general are panic stricken. You wanna feel like you're walking around with a loaded gun? Buy an Airdale. They are and have been recog'd as the best/most effective kill-dogs in North America. Only dog on the continent to have victories against Mtn Lions.

When this old Choc Lab dies he will be replaced by an English Bull Terrier.

Terriers will rule the world someday before mammals disappear completely.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:42 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Maybe if you get some cute outfits & make him look less scary. You may also want to read up on diplomacy before you talk to the landlord or neighbors (or cops for that matter). I bred dogs for years & love dogs but citizens do have a right to feel like their children wont be endangered. Just another side to it.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:20 PM
SuperBike

My father-in-law was attacked by one of those well bred, misunderstood animals as he walked down the street minding his own business a few months ago. Of course the owner did the right thing and ignored my in-laws request for medical bill payments. It came running out of a house to latch onto his leg. The owner said right before the animal met his demise that he had never done it before. Glad it wasn't a small child, the results whould have been tragic. If you insist on having animals that have the potential to behave that way you must keep them safely segregated from the population. I for one have no problem dispatching said animals should they look crossways at anyone. Reminds me of a couple of rotweilers that attacked a lady and her golden retriever in front of my house several years ago. Both were summarily shot on the spot by me. We have too many children in our neighborhood, too many people going about their daily lives to worry about aggressive dogs and stupid owners who fail to adequately secure them.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Back Marker

motormouth is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like the only people who should be scared are the people who want to jump your fence . It sounds like you are doing everything right . Remember , ignorance is bliss . With this breed of dog , just like any other breed , you get what you give . Damn the deed , not the breed .

Last edited by motormouth; 10-22-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:28 PM
Boosted
SuperSport

Syclone is on a distinguished road
My mother and her black lab were attacked by a pit bull while minding their own, walking in town. You may feel different about how innocent they are when that **** hits closer to you.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Superstock

people who get "attacked" by these dogs because of 1 of 2 reasons... the most common is that the person who owns the dog hasnt taken the proper time and energy to train and socialize their pet... the seccond is that people are somewhere they shouldnt be in reguards to the animal... these breeds more so than others want nothing more than to make their owner happy... that being said if youre an ******* your "pit" will pick up on that behavior and act it out themselves...i cant comment on each "attack" stated here as i wasnt there, but id bet that they both fall into the first catagory...

typically these breeds can be "animal agressive" if not raised properly... and given the current mentality of people these days who cant even raise their childern properly i wonder why these dogs get a bad rap...if you put the proper time and energ into raising your dog reguardless of breed they will not "attack" unprovoked... its further from "pits" to attack humans than most other breeds we just hear it more because when they do theres a good amount of damage... unlike when a shitzu comes and bites your ankles...back in nj my family house has 1 shelty and (4 without mine 5 with) "pits" one is an american pit terrier one staffie the others are am staffs (3 from 1 litter) and as crazy as you may call me they ALL YEILD TO THE SHELTY!!! and he is the most likely to bite. when me and my brother rescue the apbt my mother freaked!! she rescued the staffie 6 mos later!! and then she found the am staffs after realizing how great the pits can be now all but my pup sleep in her bed every night in their own sopts...

my am staff is such an awesome dog i can hook his big teeth and pick his 60 lb *** up with my fingers and i let him go when i want he just holds his jaw where hes not biting on my hand just holding tight...hes only 11 months old he lets me do what ever i want with him (roll him around pull him brush his teeth baths trim nails carry him) and doesnt fuss or mind because he trusts that im not gonna hurt him...like i said i even take him to dinner with us or to home depot!! imagine that he doesnt even fuss when the server brings out the food!!!
Old 10-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Squid

DGR Fab is on a distinguished road
Sorta get the same prejudice with my American Bulldogs. Dog parks are out of the question due to peoples pre determination of their attitude based on their looks. Regularly have friends with their children and babies come by and blay with them, unsupervised with no issue. I will say, however they have an uncanny ability to weed out individuals who are up to no good, or have a "no good" disposition (can you say crackhead?). Public opinion does however have a point. I have known a couple Terrier bred dogs who are WELL trained, but have a small crazy switch in their brain which seemingly gets thrown at random. Mostly females. One of then chewed OFF half of its tail because it was itchy. Really. GREAT dogs, but some are a little hairball... Here they are behind a small fence in the shop that they could easily plow through, step or jump over. They don't. Kids at the school next door all know them, and all dogs come by to say hi. Never an incedent.
Name:  03-10-09006.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  109.5 KB

Last edited by DGR Fab; 10-23-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Superstock

Mattaua is on a distinguished road
meanest dog ever right here
Attached Thumbnails DIE "PIT BULL" HATERS-n501409504_358_841.jpg  
Old 10-23-2010, 12:43 PM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
FREE GROMIT

Old 10-23-2010, 01:09 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
Yeah.....I don't like the breed. If a lab cameup on my yard, the only thing id be worried about is getting slobbered on. not the case with a pit bull. I like syclones point of view.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:25 PM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
Where do I send money to aid in Gromit's liberation!
Old 10-23-2010, 01:32 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Was hanging out at a friends last night for the first time. Met his dogs, one of which was an Amstaff. It farted a lot and didnt bark. the least aggressive, but the most in charge in the group of five. The other were a mix of terriers to a lab. The most aggressive dog I ever encounter was none of those five. My grandpa had a redbone mixed with something else. I spent weeks with that dog at a time, and if you walked up on him for the first time that day he treated you like any other stranger walking into his territory. If you moved your hands towards him before he had a chance to identify you, he would bite you. This was a rescue dog, and I am sure that his previous life had something to do with it.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Superstock

evines is on a distinguished road
My sister's dog (a yorkie poodle mix) was attacked by two greyhounds this week, resulting in serious injury. The greyhounds pulled away from the adult male owner who was walking them on a leash and attacked my sister's dog who was on a leash. Ripped her ear and tore her abdomen open (with intestine poking out), among other things, all in a few seconds. $1500 in vet bills so far, and we're still not sure the greyhound owner is going to pay for it without legal action against him. Apparently he already complained when the apartment complex kicked his dogs out, and he tried to make it sound like my sister was "overreacting" about the whole thing.

Although greyhounds are essentially harmless to humans, they are bred to chase and kill small animals, so they pose a real threat when living in areas where there are other small pets in close proximity.

And about pit bulls . . . if you have a poorly trained lab (or yorkie-poo) with an irresponsible owner, the lab (or yorkie-poo) isn't going to go kill someone or someones pet. A pit bull with an irresponsible owner might. And I'm sure we all know our fair share of irresponsible people.

And unfortunately for responsible pit bull owners, ******** seem to be attracted to owning pit bulls, at least around here. They "use" the dog almost like some idiots use a weapon, thinking it makes them look more bad-*** to have one, when they have no idea how to handle it. That's what leads to the rules in the OP.

Actually the more I think about it, it does seem similar to gun-control laws. We have gun control laws because there are idiots with guns who ruin it for responsible gun owners. We have pit bull laws because there are idiots with pit bulls who ruin it for responsible pit bull owners.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Squid

majordomo490 is on a distinguished road
Dogs with 2 ********

***NOT TALKING ABOUT ANYONE ON THIS FORUM****

I don't need to tell you how many ******** are out there.
If one of em has a big/aggressive dog then as you said the dog picks up on this.
Then the dog believes he has two ******** and quite simply can become enraged. If this dog is a mini- yorkie then no problem. Others may be a problem.
The dog doesn't choose its owner. Not only should dogs that attack be put down but the owners need to go to jail.
Half the population can't even control their kids let alone their dogs.
I feel for the responsible non- ******* owners.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:33 PM
SuperBike

NIMBY,
It is this way for most prejudiced folks. The breed is not the problem. If it were, we could blame all the bad (fill in race) here as a representative of the population. My second cousin was shot to death on a street corner in one of the bad parts of chicago. Who ever killed him is a representation of the race. I think they should all die. This may very well be a case of the black white supremacist, or white black, or asian white, or fill in....

I could very well want my self dead right now, and I dont even know it. Dang.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Superstock

like i said in my original post... I get that some may not want certain breeds in a rental property totally liabillities are a bitch... but dont approve my dog have me pay for a year in advance then in six months tell me hes got to go without ever hurting any one or any thing!!! I consider myself a competent dog owner and i understand the "gangsta" culture makes them out to be the cool thing to have so ultimately the idiots that think its all gravy end up owning dogs as a fad they didnt want in the first place... these same people raise kids to be killers but we dont condemn all children nor should we condemn dogs before they conduct themselves in a way that is unsafe for the people around them...

Also wanted to say if my dog did attack a person or pet for no reason i would take responsibillity and cover all expenses without legal action which also isnt the norm for people these days unfortunately...
However if you come on my property without invitation you do so totally at your own risk...
Old 10-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by thetophatflash
Where do I send money to aid in Gromit's liberation!
i think we all need to know this!!!
Old 10-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Superstock

hondavtr1000sp2 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by evines
My sister's dog (a yorkie poodle mix) was attacked by two greyhounds this week, resulting in serious injury. The greyhounds pulled away from the adult male owner who was walking them on a leash and attacked my sister's dog who was on a leash. Ripped her ear and tore her abdomen open (with intestine poking out), among other things, all in a few seconds. $1500 in vet bills so far, and we're still not sure the greyhound owner is going to pay for it without legal action against him. Apparently he already complained when the apartment complex kicked his dogs out, and he tried to make it sound like my sister was "overreacting" about the whole thing.

Although greyhounds are essentially harmless to humans, they are bred to chase and kill small animals, so they pose a real threat when living in areas where there are other small pets in close proximity.

And about pit bulls . . . if you have a poorly trained lab (or yorkie-poo) with an irresponsible owner, the lab (or yorkie-poo) isn't going to go kill someone or someones pet. A pit bull with an irresponsible owner might. And I'm sure we all know our fair share of irresponsible people.

And unfortunately for responsible pit bull owners, ******** seem to be attracted to owning pit bulls, at least around here. They "use" the dog almost like some idiots use a weapon, thinking it makes them look more bad-*** to have one, when they have no idea how to handle it. That's what leads to the rules in the OP.

Actually the more I think about it, it does seem similar to gun-control laws. We have gun control laws because there are idiots with guns who ruin it for responsible gun owners. We have pit bull laws because there are idiots with pit bulls who ruin it for responsible pit bull owners.

+1
Old 10-23-2010, 06:53 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
It's Caturday!

what's all the fuss?

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...7&d=1243549963
Old 10-23-2010, 09:45 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wicky
FREE GROMIT

CHEEEESE Grommit! Where's the CHEEEESE?

Nick Park is the best!!!
Old 10-23-2010, 10:28 PM
MotoGP

RWHISEN; That is maybe one of the greatest stories of all time! Where were you when my mom was attacked on a beach walking her dog. Very batman.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:56 AM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
You put open pipes on yer Harley, you KNOW what your neighbors are going to think, but you do it any way. Don't cop an attitude when they complain.

You thump your chest and demand the right to 'open carry' yer Glock. . . Don't complain when you don't get invited to the neighborhood B-B-Q.

Your choice of dog. You knew what the social and cultural attitudes were drifting towards before you acquired the pup. Quitcherbitchen.

Just my .02, but you can get away with a lot when you go with it in stealth mode. Had a friend once with a tea cup poodle that would eat your *** up on command. Scary.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:14 PM
SuperBike

Pushrod, you have changed my mind. I dont know why I didnt see it before.

I now hate guns, all dogs(SOME BARK TOO), harleys, sport bike riders (you know, they all ride wrecklessly), tuner car drivers (defined by vehicles that are not non tuner cars), old people, women drivers, rich people, poor people, rednecks...

I can do this all day, so much hate, so little time. Being prejudiced is a lot of work, especially when you hate yourself. Guess I cant make it to my own next cookout, not invited.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by PUSHrod
You put open pipes on yer Harley, you KNOW what your neighbors are going to think, but you do it any way. Don't cop an attitude when they complain.

You thump your chest and demand the right to 'open carry' yer Glock. . . Don't complain when you don't get invited to the neighborhood B-B-Q.

Your choice of dog. You knew what the social and cultural attitudes were drifting towards before you acquired the pup. Quitcherbitchen.

Just my .02, but you can get away with a lot when you go with it in stealth mode. Had a friend once with a tea cup poodle that would eat your *** up on command. Scary.
if my neighboes want to not invite me to a bbq fine no problem i have 4.5 acres... ill throw a bigger one my rented property is bigger than the gated community i live next to...my complaint is i signed a lease... and in that lease is copies of pics of my dog, reg tags(NJ and CA), rabies tag, and breed dna test results (because i had them done on all dogs)... dont bitch at me 6 months into a year lease that i paid for up front when i signed it, it was ok for me to bring my puppy in knowing damn well just as i did what he was going to grow into... i could care less about public opinion on my choice of dog but i will not deal with the bs from some one who was ok with it and now no incidents and they want him gone after signing a lease with the pup included in the lease... its not like i went out on a whim got a crazy dog to **** off the neighbors i had him, was as up front as i could be about him and told them i would find another place to lease if hes a problem...
Old 10-25-2010, 02:49 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
RWHISEN; That is maybe one of the greatest stories of all time! Where were you when my mom was attacked on a beach walking her dog. Very batman.
When you hear screaming for help in front of your house at 5:30 in the morning you come out armed! Funny thing is that my wife and her mother had gone to the hospital to induce my wife's labor for our second child and I was going to take my son to school so I was already up. The dogs had a history of getting out and my "neighbor" never did anything to corral them. Police had no problem with it since the dogs were obviously aggressive. I believe the lady hit up his homeowner's insurance for medical and vet bills.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:18 AM
MotoGP

Living in the city makes you see alot of opportunity for street justice. I do dig that incident. Harleys, tuner cars, sport bikes, etc are not animals with their own minds like dogs. Sorry, not the same deal. No one's machine gets loose and attacks upright citizens for no reason. Besides, around here buses are louder than bikes.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Back Marker

NH-Raptor is on a distinguished road
I don't have sympathy for the situation you've put yourself in owning that breed of dog. What I do understand is your lease situation. Since your landlord is now saying your lease agreement is changing then he has broken the lease. Ask for all your money back for the last 6 months rent and see if his tune changes then.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
LEGAL RIGHTS

I work in the legal field. I would imagine it would not be straight forward for them to evict you. The eviction process it self is a long and sometimes costly process. Also it sounds like you have gone out of your way to full fill any and all legal requirements to rent the property.
It sounds like the situation must have changed where you live? maybe a tentant complained about your dog's in someway? You state in your post about people being scared of your dogs. Look at this from the landlords view? If a tentant complains that your dogs are acting in a threating way, and they do nothing about it! your dog's then happened to attack or maime someone. Hello one big lawsuit for them. The tentant would not even bother to sue you.

We all love our dog's. But it is a fact dog's attack people. Little yappy dog's have a very low kill rate! Big badass dog's tend to have a much higher kill rate! Thats just a fact. Best of luck.

I personally don't dislike dogs, but when I was child of 6 years old me and my younger brother were attacked by the next neighbors dog's, two german shepards (they had jumped the fence) It was a whole lot of drama, we both got bit pretty bad. The police came, animal control and stuff. My father was a carpenter at the time arrived home from work with all this going on. Animal control was trying to corner the two dogs. My father who was in a rage at the time killed one of the dogs with a hammer. He was then restrained and arrested by the police. It was a mess. I can under fully why someone would be scared of your dog.

Quick Reply: DIE "PIT BULL" HATERS