RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

180 Miles today.....and damn am I sore!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 09:16 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
180 Miles today.....and damn am I sore!

Denver to Garden of the Gods (in Manitou Springs at the base of Pikes peak) on I25 then to Woodland park on 24, switch to 67, then 124 through Pine junction, then up to highway 285, and back to Denver! Incredible scenery!! I recommend this to all in CO! I saw bikes all day until we hit the mountains..... maybe 2 bikes from Manitou all the way to 285. what the hell is wrong with people?

Sergant seat here I come!

Last edited by j shizzy wizzy; 03-15-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:26 PM
SuperBike

Truckinduc is on a distinguished road
Nice. I did 400 in the last 2 days on a buell in the rain. All I can say is pilot powers are AWESOME in the rain.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:26 PM
SuperBike

Truckinduc is on a distinguished road
Oh and I saw NO other bikes
Old 03-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Squid

dakmatik is on a distinguished road
180 miles? Up here we do that to go out for Chinese food.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:13 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
shizzy, get a Sargent seat.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:58 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Hey, I did 180 miles today too. You'll get used to it. I left the Hawk at home this time though, which is a good thing, the ride would've been boring if I was trying to keep up with more than 30hp...

Old 03-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Back Marker

Spaz' is on a distinguished road
191 miles on Friday (031309.1540-2000)

I did 191 miles on Friday evening up to Mt. St. Helens. The roads were clear all the way up to where the road was closed, just like last year (11 months ago.). All clear and dry - fresh and clean. There were very few people up there, and it seemed to be the case last year to except for a few snow mobile'n folks. Other than that, the roads were mine.
The first three pics are from Friday, and the other two where the high mount Jardine exhausts' are on, are from last year.
Yea - I've got a stock seat and my butt is beat after that long of a drive for sure. My ears get burnout from the wind sheer noise as well. I think my helmet model is an HJC C?-12 or something. I have to mod' it up with some foam or something again to take care of that, cause my hearing is kind of sensitive; another reason I went back to stock on the exhaust'.
I don't know how cold it was, but down in Vancouver it was about 55F. ...Definately paid off to have my hand warmers going.
Attached Thumbnails 180 Miles today.....and damn am I sore!-031309-2-.jpg   180 Miles today.....and damn am I sore!-031309.jpg   180 Miles today.....and damn am I sore!-st.-helens-flight-16-.jpg   180 Miles today.....and damn am I sore!-st.-helens-flight.jpg  
Old 03-16-2009, 02:51 AM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Wear ear plugs. Even the best helmets have wind shear noise. Ear plugs have different db ratings.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:33 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

I actually wasn't that bothered by the wind noise? I have a scorpion 700, I like it enough, but I don't have anything to compare it to. I also have almost zero experience in rain, freaks me out some. But I know I'm gonna get pummeled this summer here in CO. So I plan on buying some rain gear soon.

I'm slowly starting to go on longer and longer rides. Me and about 5 other guys are planning a trip from Denver to Yellowstone next Aug./Sept. That ride will be about 500 the first day, the trip will be 8-9 days. That's a ton for the Hawk I think. So I will be tempering my iron butt until then. lol!

My buddy and I are are gonna go for a cruise on weds. up to Nederland, north of Boulder. And then where ever the wind blows us. I think we'll break 250 that day hopfully.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:09 PM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
I used ot do lots of 200+ mile rides on a stock seat and lower-than-stock handlebars. Always with earplugs. I was never too uncomfortable. I like to move around a lot. That probably helps. Not because I need to on the street. It just makes me feel more involved and focused, when I'm riding. Just a half-cheek sneak in the twisty bits. Bike shorts help too. They keep the chafing from being an issue.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Honducati
SuperSport

jbaxx is on a distinguished road
+1 on moving around when riding. Slow straight line riding is a real butt killer.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:28 PM
SuperSport

I'm waiting on parts for mine to finish the valve adjustment. Also ordered a touring windscreen and got the time off work for the iron-butt ride. That'll be the beginning of April. I'll probably just use the stock seat.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:53 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

wow, I feel like a sissy then! I hate my stock seat. Great Idea with the bike shorts though, I'm gonna try that!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:39 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
This is a fairly normal Saturday ride for yruyur and I when he gets the idea in his head to get riding..
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...e=UTF8&t=h&z=9
Old 07-30-2009, 03:23 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by jocekortan
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I use an exercise ball to build lean muscles and to tone up. My friend and I also joined fencing and play with wooden swords, which is a massive workout in itself!!

Dude, cut it with the spam.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:31 PM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
I wish i lived near pikes peak. id love to watch that race to the top live someday..
Old 07-30-2009, 03:50 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dakmatik
180 miles? Up here we do that to go out for Chinese food.
Ha ha! Yeah, if your butt hurts, you're not hangin' off enough!
Old 12-29-2009, 01:32 AM
Squid

enjoype09 is on a distinguished road
180 Miles today and damn am I sore

No idea what the rules are about this, but why would you use the SOE logo in the first place?
Old 12-29-2009, 06:56 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

huh? wha?
Old 12-29-2009, 08:01 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
He must be celebrating New Years early. Don't drink and post....oh wait, that rule doesn't apply to this Forum.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:07 PM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
The only rule about drinking and posting, is do it in mikes post about random alcohol induced thoughts
Old 12-29-2009, 08:08 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
1008, 900, 700, 600+500 to denver in two days, and lots of 300-350 mile days on the hawk with the stock seat. Other things hurt more than the butt, and I almost always wear ear plugs, and wore them for sure on all of these longer days.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Back Marker

offroad_rider2008 is on a distinguished road
man I love that road from phoenix up thru payson but i went up to winslow, took that route when we went out there to visit every year.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Back Marker

toy4xchris is on a distinguished road
The only thing I have noticed with the stock seat is the further I slide back on it the more comfortable it seems to be for me but then I do stand up often or hang off the side as often as I can. but anything over 100 miles and the stock seat tends to be a slight pain.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:16 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by toy4xchris
The only thing I have noticed with the stock seat is the further I slide back on it the more comfortable it seems to be for me but then I do stand up often or hang off the side as often as I can. but anything over 100 miles and the stock seat tends to be a slight pain.
If you ride ATGATT, you can have padding sewn onto the butt of your suit. Sounds stupid but...........Before I had riding gear, I asked my daughter who did some sewing for her work, to put some leather patches on my levis. I gave her a pair of levis and she sewed rather large leather patches on the knees and across the butt. I chose the butt area because I ripped the *** out of my pants on a lowside sliding down the asphalt. She put some foam under the leather and sewed it in X pattern. Wow! these pants were great and I wore them faithfully til I got a cordura suit.

The great part of padding across the butt is that it not only saves ***-rash in an low side, and it also eliminates significant amt of the discomfort from too long in the saddle, with the added benefit that when you stop to rest and need to sit on a curb, wall or on the ground, you have a comfortable seat. Someting I never considered til I experienced it. Now i really miss that butt padding.

I wanted my wife to sew a similar foam patch on my cordura pants which have no butt padding, but her machine is not heavy enough for the leather, foam, and cordura, so I'm looking for someone local with a heavy duty sewing machine.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:13 AM
Back Marker

Thats actually a pretty good idea I never really thought of that. I know there is a guy here locally that does custom motorcycle seat i have been debating on seeing how much that would cost me to have my stock seat redone.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:59 AM
MotoGP

Thats actually a pretty good idea I never really thought of that. I know there is a guy here locally that does custom motorcycle seat i have been debating on seeing how much that would cost me to have my stock seat redone.
yeah. everyone goes to the seat mod, however when you get off the bike for a rest, it's so much more rejuvenating to sit comfortably, and this is what's missing from the seat mod. There is no need for the re-covered seat, unless for cosmetic appeal, if you can have it both ways for a fraction of the cost. Everytime I sat on a wall, curb, bleachers, or on the ground to do something to the bike, or anywhere for a break, it's an amazing difference. I wanted my daughter to start marketing these and selling them to other riders way back before they brought out those padded riding jeans, but everyone was too busy then. Somewhat afterwards, they starting advertising the riding jeans, but I don't know if the butt's padded. I am going to get a pad attached to my suit if I have to glue it on because i miss it. Trust me, your *** will be happy happy happy. The pad wasn't thick either, so it didn't interfere with hangin off. Just a thin piece of foam under thin leather and X-quilted. What a deal. I'm psyched to get it back. Thanks for reminding me before riding weather hits and, oh yeah, about the upholstery shop idea also.

Last edited by nath981; 02-25-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Back Marker

Ya looked into the custom seat place here locally and they are just as expensive as buying a seat. I might have to look into adding a pad to the butt of my new suit after I give it a try and see how it feels.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:15 PM
MotoGP

Ya looked into the custom seat place here locally and they are just as expensive as buying a seat. I might have to look into adding a pad to the butt of my new suit after I give it a try and see how it feels.
I'm in the process of doing the same myself. Hope it turns out like it did before. Remember, not too thick.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:13 AM
Superstock

cameron is on a distinguished road
after riding my hawk with its corbin smuggler. (wich is brick hard) my body has adapted to 300+miles aday no problems,kind of LOL

Quick Reply: 180 Miles today.....and damn am I sore!