Racing Topics related to MotoGP, AMA, WSB, TT, Etc.

Stoner to retire

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 09:56 AM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Stoner to retire

Soup just released a press announcement that Casey Stoner will retire after this season. Go read it for yourself.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Bummer, I like him.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Squid

usaabn is on a distinguished road
will miss stoner..

I suspect rossi will lick his wounds and make a move back to Honda Motor Company.

usaabn
Old 06-05-2012, 09:52 AM
SuperBike

Cool

Originally Posted by usaabn
I suspect rossi will lick his wounds and make a move back to Honda Motor Company.

usaabn
You might be right but I don't think so. Rossi burnt alot of bridges with Honda when he left. On the other hand HRC will do whatever they have to to win so we'll see. One thing I believe is for sure HRC is no longer high on Pedrosa it just makes Repsol happy.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Squid

Cool rossi and Honda

He sure did burn some bridges with Mr Honda. I figure the bridge building began in ernest with Stoners announcement. I can see Rossi walking in to HRC wearing a tool belt and carrying his bagged lunch.

Stoner will be missed and who ever they pick to replace him will have to win quick. I don't think Rossi would be to eager to follow Stoner a second time.

usaabn
Old 06-05-2012, 11:13 AM
SuperBike

+1 on that. The ******* was groomed to be a champion but has failed miserably. I also question his heart. I've watched more than a few races that seemed to me that he "quit" when it wasn't "easy" for him.

I'm talking about Pedrosa here.

Last edited by HRCA#1; 06-05-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Squid

raceruss2003 is on a distinguished road
I have never been a big fan of Stoner. When Rossi took him out a year or so ago in the rain...after the race Stoner walked up to Rossi and said something to the affect "Your mind got way ahead of your skills." Something like that... Ever since then I have never liked him.

This move just tops off everything. I mean, what a crybaby. Stoner is at the top of his game, in a job anyone of us would give our left ******** to have, making more money than God, traveling the world with his Model wife and soon to be child...and he just gives it up. He states he does not like the way the sport is going, but never ellaborated. Could it be Lorenzo is starting to put a little pressure on him now and he doesn't like it?

I would like to see what Crutchlow can do on a honda. Although jumping to a new team after only a year probably isn't wise. He is more than capable though!

Last edited by raceruss2003; 06-05-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Squid

Sometimes, when you feel like its time to go...maybe its time to go. We watch so many greats stay past their prime. Its nice to see a great retire while still on top. I do wonder who will be the next to fill the seat.

usaabn