Racing Topics related to MotoGP, AMA, WSB, TT, Etc.

Moto GP

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Superstock

pigwings
Thumbs up Moto GP

NBC, today noon PST
Go Ben......
Old 09-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Back Marker

smack doogle is on a distinguished road
I'm soooo excited right now. Can't wait. Only wish I could be there.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:48 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
Glad I didn't go, now. Thanks Ike, for a crappy race...

Last edited by LineArrayNut; 09-14-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:53 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smack doogle
I'm soooo excited right now. Can't wait. Only wish I could be there.
I bet you're glad you weren't there now. At least not on a bike.
I hope the Forum members who rode get home safe.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Superstock

sassage is on a distinguished road
it was a miserable day to be there, that's for sure. I still would have loved to have gone....also wish they would have had that 8 lap sprint
Old 09-14-2008, 06:55 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Yeah, Ben did great especially since he's so new to the motogp bike and he had no more home field advantage than anyone else.

I think Nicky tried to show Honda/Repsol a "f@ck you, you should have given me better support this year" kind of ride plus do well for the central/east coast homies who've waited a long time to see him on a gp bike. 100,000 paid to watch although I'm sure it was less who sat in the rain/blustery winds. I believe the entire complex can seat 200,000+.

Rossi? Well, he's not called "The Doctor" for nothing.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Honducati
SuperSport

jbaxx is on a distinguished road
Was away this weekend and for some reason my TiVo didn't record it. Sonofabitch...

Glad to see Nicky got on the podium.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:42 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

Originally Posted by jbaxx
Was away this weekend and for some reason my TiVo didn't record it. Sonofabitch...

Glad to see Nicky got on the podium.
Charter was calling it SuperMoto, not MotoGP...you didn't miss much...they didn't even run 250
Old 09-14-2008, 07:43 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

Originally Posted by superbling
Yeah, Ben did great especially since he's so new to the motogp bike and he had no more home field advantage than anyone else.

I think Nicky tried to show Honda/Repsol a "f@ck you, you should have given me better support this year" kind of ride plus do well for the central/east coast homies who've waited a long time to see him on a gp bike. 100,000 paid to watch although I'm sure it was less who sat in the rain/blustery winds. I believe the entire complex can seat 200,000+.

Rossi? Well, he's not called "The Doctor" for nothing.
Spies actually got a test session there last month, which was probably of some advantage
Old 09-14-2008, 10:21 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Whar a wkend

Got back from Indy. What a CF. On the way down it rained and rained. Bike was cutting out on I65 from Chicago. Thought I had the problem fixed; i.e., that it was the side stand switch shorting. Thought the VR/R was going or manual CC was loose. It kept dieing at speed and coasted to the shoulder, very scary in the rain with semis blowing past. Turned out it was the gas tank vent tube routed so it was not venting but only in the rain? On the way back it was like a monsoon. Had my spare ket in the gas cap and when it started to die I'd open the cap and it would pick back up. Finally stopped and re-routed the vent tube and problem was solved. My tinted visor was wet on the inside and was riding blind following shaddows. Stopped under an overpass and crawled on hands and knees up slippery slope and change to clear shield. Stuck tinted shield under suit and continued on. Soaked thru my Stitch and was near hypothermia. Got near I80-94 interchange and heard the interstate was closed. Detoured on side streets splitting lanes. It was bedlum and every man for themselves. Got on I94 and then it was closed due to flooding. Ended up in Dolton, IL, very scary area and freight trains blocking everywhere and 136th st flooded. Back and forth on steel bride packed with cages. Trapped for and hour trying to get out of Dolton. Finally made it thru flooded intersections and onto I57 and then I94 and blew north and home. Over 7 hours for a normally 3.5 hr ride. 10 inches of rain and soaked basement from seepage. Real life and death ride! Can't believe I survived but if I was in a cage, I'd still be on the road. Worst 1-day rain in history!

On top of everything my hotel rez in Indy got screwed up. Never made it to the track Friday but Saturday was sunny, hot and humid. Missed practice but caught qualifying. Rossi is a G-d. How do you post a video? Had to miss races to get home to basement. Even missed it on TV. After 2years of planning and missed the race. Boku $$ all for naught.

Will try again next year but dam am disapponted.

The clutch may be going due to abuse. Could it be? Only 60,000 miles on it.

Last edited by skokievtr; 09-14-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Superstock

alive226 is on a distinguished road
I didn't get home til 1030 last night. The ride home sucked (not as bad as Skokievtr's though). I was in a cage, but it seemed that not only was it windy and rainy out, everyone was driving like a maniac. Cutting people off left and right. I65 was like a racetrack.

Friday was rainy, but not much wind. Saturday was really nice, but a touch humid. Qualifying was cool as hell. My seats were Paddock Penthouse Box 11, row L seats 1,2 and 3. We were about 10-15 yards after the start/finish line and directly across from Rossi's pit. Under cover, so we didn't get wet. I will say, that up where we were at, the winds were up around 60mph yeaterday for the race. People were losing their hats. And a few of the teams stands they have along pit row, in front of where the hold up the pit boards (I don't know what they are called), were blown over by the winds.

On Saturday, after qualifying, Danica Patrick came out and was talking with Nicky. She even got onto his bike for a photo op.

Also, up where we were seated, the noise from the bikes was viscious. It's not like when you are down near the track. It is bearable there. I had my ear plugs out for about 1/2 hour on Friday, them my ears started to hurt pretty bad. I think the roof over head of us, held the noise in. They sounded awesome though!!! It sucked that we missed the 250 race and lost out on 8 laps of the main event, but I'm glad Hayden/Spies finished where they did. Rossi is a god! He is just a fantastic embassador for the sport. I'll try to post a few pictures here soon.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Squid

Reynolds68 is on a distinguished road
Got pics of Danica on the bike? If not then I guess other pics would be ok too ....
Old 09-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Superstock

kmm996
Got home about 8:30 last night. I rode down Thursday, wife came down in the truck on Friday. So hauled the bike back last night. Weather sucked but, I thought it was a good time, for the most part. Got to hang out with the bikes on Meridian street Friday night. Good mix of bikes, good time. I was glad to show my wife the commaradry(?) of the riders. Sat through the race, South west Vista, one row from the very top. Good seats, Bad With the weather.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Superstock

Jim TT
I was going to ride the VFR down Sunday moring but the forecast sucked so bad I drove, got home in 4 hours (Chicago) but had the I-94 flooding to deal with. I had a great time at the track, can't wait till next year.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:34 PM
SuperSport

comedo is on a distinguished road
I started out on an annual ride with friends on the 7th. We were in Old Forge, New York on the 11th. My friends left for home from there and I continued to Indianapolis.
I had a great seat in the SW Vista. I could see the bikes come out of Turn 1 which is really fast and then go into a slow right, then a slower right, then a hairpin left and onto a short straight followed by a fast left. Lorenzo's Yamaha sounded fabulous as he accelerated from the hairpin.
There were some umbrella girl types in the vendors' area on Saturday. Why don't I ever see women like that at the grocery store? They've got to eat. Where do they go when they're not posing for photos? What books do they read? Are their lives fulfilling? So many questions. So few answers.
The weather was unbelievably foul on Sunday. The wind and rain were horrendous. I was glad they didn't do an eight lap sprint.
The mass departure from Indianapolis was scary. The police wanted to get people out of the area quickly which was understandable but if you had to go left and they wanted you to go right you were SOL.
They sold various alcoholic beverages at the track and I was concerned about booze inspired lunatics who thought they were Valentino.
I got as far as Perry, Michigan on Sunday night. The high beam on the VTR signed off, it was raining and I was riding over bumpy and slippery stuff I couldn't see. I got back on the road around 7 a.m. and I was back in Hamilton, Ontario by about 11 a.m.
It was a fairly miserable ride north from Indianapolis. The electric vest was a life saver.
It was great to watch all the superb riders. I was sorry that Hayden didn't win but Rossi was magic. All in all it was worth the ride to see him.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Superstock

trinity012 is on a distinguished road
Hi all, i got back home around 9:30 with my family but only me and my 5/half yearsold son was there at the race (somewhere at T3 and T4). We are very much enjoy watching the races but too much rains and winds both 125cc, Gp was cut shot by Red flag. Anyway the races were amazing especially 800cc Gp bikes loud and scary fast which rode by the most talents in the world We will love to watch them again next year again.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Superstock

alive226 is on a distinguished road
Ok, here is the picture of Danica getting on Nicky's bike. Sorry its blurry, but we were quite a ways away.
Attached Thumbnails Moto GP-100b.jpg