Racing Topics related to MotoGP, AMA, WSB, TT, Etc.

Matt Mladin, some cheese with that Whine??

Old 07-26-2004, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator
Back Marker

mamisano is an unknown quantity at this point
Matt Mladin, some cheese with that Whine??

Man, this guy is leading the Superbike class in points and is the reigning champ but he always has something to complain about. After this weekend's race 1 at Mid Ohio, he attributes Miguel's hard charge to 'a motorcycle that suits the rules as his does this year'.

Funny, didn't his bike 'suit the rules' when he won last year, the first year of IL4-1000's? He is totally dismissing Miguel's skill as a rider and is chalking it up to a 'better' bike.

During qualifying Matt and Miguel had an incident where Matt claims Miguel held him up...then proceded to stand and clap for Miguel in a mocking gesture. Can this guy be any more immature? Can he show any less class? *Shrug* just proves what a big baby he is.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2004/Jul/e/n040724t.htm
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2004/Jul/e/n040724j.htm
Old 07-26-2004, 09:00 PM
Back Marker

Random
Re: Matt Mladin, some cheese with that Whine??

Mladin has been a poor sport since I've been watching the sport. When he looses, he blames something/someone. It's never "Matt's Fault". It's always something/someone else's fault. His bike, his tires, the rules, other riders...etc. I've never seen/heard him accept fault for anything.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:05 AM
SuperSport

jschmidt
I call it the "NASCAR mentality"
Old 04-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator
Back Marker

mamisano is an unknown quantity at this point
After watching this weekends race and seeing how utterly dominant the factory GSXR-1000s are, I wanna know if they are subject to a teardown at the end of the race. Mladin won both races by WELL over 10+ seconds. Yates was in 2nd in the 2nd race until tire failure and Spies was tearing up the track as well.

The Hondas, and Ducatis looked utterly lethargic in comparrison. DuHamel was riding the stink out of the CBR, but to no avail. *sigh*, another "development" year? How come Suzuki never has them?
Old 05-01-2005, 01:32 AM
Back Marker

BooYeah
Re: Matt Mladin, some cheese with that Whine??

I watched him walk away from everyone at barber in birmingham last weekend, and it was not the bike then!!! He is not my favorite rider though. I like neil hodgson, gotta stick with my Vtwins. Matt is a poor sport and with how long he has been in this series he SHOULD win every race
Old 05-01-2005, 01:34 AM
Back Marker

BooYeah
what i mean is that even if the bike was faster he was flawless and vey agressive and you got to respect that, but his spotsmanship leaves much to desire.