Motorcycle News Motorcycle Headlines from around the World.

NUVIZ HUD

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 08:59 AM
Superstock

KCCO is on a distinguished road
NUVIZ HUD

I saw this on FB and thought it was worth sharing. The first HEAD-UP DISPLAY for MOTORCYCLE HELMETS by NUVIZ — Kickstarter

I have been wanting a HUD for my bike/car for a on time. This, if produced, looks like a great project.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:53 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Awesome! Looks like they blew right past their pledge goal. The buy in @ a time when money is tight, may kill sales. I like it though and hope it isn't too expensive when it drops.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:34 AM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
Hope they do well enough to stick around a bit and make a second gen so that way they get all the bugs worked out.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:00 AM
ren
Back Marker

ren is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Squid
Hope they do well enough to stick around a bit and make a second gen so that way they get all the bugs worked out.
Yeah I still haven't seen what it "actually" looks like from inside the helmet, just renderings of what it "could" look like. Considering I'm planning on already running a sena bluetooth system, and a video device for playback and possible liability reasons, that helmet is getting crowded!
Old 01-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Superstock

KCCO is on a distinguished road
If you look at the video, it does show a very short actual display.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ren
Yeah I still haven't seen what it "actually" looks like from inside the helmet, just renderings of what it "could" look like. Considering I'm planning on already running a sena bluetooth system, and a video device for playback and possible liability reasons, that helmet is getting crowded!
I hear ya, I would have a Chatterbox slim, a GoPro and then this on there... I think I would look like a damn Cell Tower riding around, no to mention the wind resistance... I am unsure if this has been brought up here on another thread but there is this option...
. I just wonder how the much it runs and what the life cycles on the helmet foam / shell is. If the helmet is 800-1500 and should be replaced every 3-5 years that might be tough. Just another thought.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:06 PM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
I had a sport Vue as I think it was spelled few years back it worked ok and hooked up to my radar detector but it had problems and did not look as good as this one. plus it was hard to see in the sun with a dark visor on.