Motorcycle News Motorcycle Headlines from around the World.

new katana gsx1250f

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Superstock

cameron is on a distinguished road
new katana gsx1250f

my first real street bike was an old 1992 gsx750f katana. well it looks like suzuki has answered my sportouring desires.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...50_fa%2010.htm

first off i love the hawk, and will not let this bike go till she has rusted in two. but im getting older or atleast my back is lol. i need somthing a little more forgiving (arthritis of the spine) for the really long rides. the new gsxf looks like it could be like the old 92 love seat i used to ride,and more suited for my two up needs. the superhawk is just to fun when riding the twisties to replace, and with less than 20k on the clock she will be around for a long while. but this new suzuki looks like its got everything the old katana didnt have and everything it did in a newer sharper form.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:58 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
At least it isn't as ugly as the "bubble" years of the can-o-tuna and it looks like it uses the Bandit's 1250 water cooled engine.

So I'd call it a interesting bike. A possible tourer with sporty intentions.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:24 PM
COBB Member
Superstock

stebbdt is on a distinguished road
Taking aim at kawasaki's Concourse may-be? Why the chain drive though, the kawi uses some sorta superwhamadyne shaft drive. Hmm.. Like the look though.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:48 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Soooo it's basically a Bandit 1250 with a gsxr nose? Not that that's a bad thing.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:46 AM
Superstock

this bike will be a great all around motorcycle. just like the bandit only it will look way better doing it. im also hoping they give the gsxf more ponnies than the stock 96hp the bandit lays down. but im sure with a powercommander and a set of pipes it will be about even with my superhawk in the hp department.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Squid

FlamFlamMan is on a distinguished road
That thing looks like a nice two-up bike! A little bit of sport without the girl whining the whole way (probably just part of the way).
Sounds pretty good to me.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:55 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cameron
this bike will be a great all around motorcycle. just like the bandit only it will look way better doing it. im also hoping they give the gsxf more ponnies than the stock 96hp the bandit lays down. but im sure with a powercommander and a set of pipes it will be about even with my superhawk in the hp department.
Ehh...not really. Check out holeshot.com. Dale gets 132hp and 96 lb ft(!) with full exhaust, tune, secondary butterflys removed, etc...
Old 10-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Superstock

so then the bike looks even better LOL!