Motorcycle News Motorcycle Headlines from around the World.

08 Superhawk?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Superstock

Texassuperhawk
08 Superhawk?

This might be a repost , but I found this while doing a google search. Pics look photoshopped too.
http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/News/2007_Honda.htm
Old 06-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Superstock

Speed_Demon is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah it does look photochopped. Everything but the frame and lower fairings are from a 1000rr and I doubt the VTR would get inverted forks or even radial mounted brake calipers.

Edit:
Look where the frame meets the triple clamps. Not even close. Definately photochopped.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:30 PM
roll through
Squid

vtrider is on a distinguished road
I hope not,thats crap. I need duals so I can slap on high mounts
Old 06-28-2007, 10:50 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Pic is a couple of years old. Raptorsandrockets are known for this kind of "reporting" and I use the term loosely. If you search the site, you'll find an almost identical shot of the "new" VFR from about 3 years ago. sigh......
Old 06-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Back Marker

azhawk1 is on a distinguished road
yeah it looks like something any of us could do (not only on photo shop) just some cbr 1000 parts and call it a day!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
Well, I love it.. I dont have the talent to pull this off from my 2000 Hawk. Nor the time. I'd buy one tommorrow, if it were on the showroom floor.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:14 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
If by some chance they do produce this lets just hope they but a larger capacity gas tank on it!
Old 06-29-2007, 09:15 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by azhawk1
yeah it looks like something any of us could do (not only on photo shop) just some cbr 1000 parts and call it a day!
The uprated CBR parts are what the Hawk needed all along. I like the concept. Too bad Honda won't build it.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Back Marker

fundgh is on a distinguished road
Why won't they? KTM, Aprilia, Ducati, etc. are making very sweet, highly desirable street bikes with v-twin powerplants. I think the sprorty v-twin is the best all around engine configuration for street, sport, and track use. I also think manufacturers are trying to build some good streetable sport bikes to compliment the race replica models, as that market segment seems to be growing. Honda needs to update their v-twin offering, so why wouldn't they merge the technologies of the RC-51, VTR, VFR, and CBR to make a good sporty, semi faired, v-twin sportbike? I think the time is coming. Maybe not in 08, but hopefully soon.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Back Marker

bluevtr
Ya know, maybe the time is right, or at least soon. Twins seem to be making somewhat of a comeback the last few years, as mentioned by fundgh. Honda is conspicuously absent from the race with SV, KTM and such. They obviously have the parts to do it. I still think the only reason they let the Hawk go away is that it was getting impractial to sell carb bikes with the current emmisions situation. Not impossible, but not really worth the effort for a low volume seller. But if you have to fuel inject a model for worldwide production, which is also going to be used in other models (such as the varadero) then just develop everything to one standard so it can be sold everywhere.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Squid

nativegolf is on a distinguished road
As a note, the wording says "Our artists impression." So it's their interpretation of what it could look like,,,,,,, if built.

But, I like it and yes,,, needs a bigger tank.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:00 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by fundgh
Why won't they? KTM, Aprilia, Ducati, etc. are making very sweet, highly desirable street bikes with v-twin powerplants. I think the sprorty v-twin is the best all around engine configuration for street, sport, and track use. I also think manufacturers are trying to build some good streetable sport bikes to compliment the race replica models, as that market segment seems to be growing. Honda needs to update their v-twin offering, so why wouldn't they merge the technologies of the RC-51, VTR, VFR, and CBR to make a good sporty, semi faired, v-twin sportbike? I think the time is coming. Maybe not in 08, but hopefully soon.
I don't disagree, but it's a shame what Honda did with the VTR by letting it languish basically unchanged for its entire production run. They could easily have addressed some of its shortcomings, but they didn't. I guess in these days of planned obsolescence manufacturers would rather reinvent the wheel with new models rather than make incremental improvements to existing products.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Superstock

trinity012 is on a distinguished road
And if honda ever design a new sport v-twin i will be the first one in town go for deposit.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Back Marker

Tonyizcool1 is on a distinguished road
That bike is bad! I would definitely get one.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:30 PM
my e-penis is huge!!
Superstock
Superstock

SPRHK is an unknown quantity at this point
Man, in one way I hope they build it. I think it is the best of both worlds with updated styling and more modern looks.
On the other hand, if they build it, then i'll have to choose between that and a 1098 Ducati. I cant buy both!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Back Marker

Tonyizcool1 is on a distinguished road
LOL, yeah I was thinking about the 1098 as well this would make it a much more difficult decision.