Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Seat questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Squid

redsuperhawk
Seat questions

So here's the deal.

My wife doesn't much care for the stock seat on my Superhawk. In the past she could go for about a half hour before she'd start complaining about how uncomfortable the pillion perch is.

We were in a car accident a while back, and ever since then it's about 20 minutes and she's in pain.

I'm considering getting a Corbin, but before I plunk down the cash on the seat, I'd like to know if anyone else here has the Corbin on their Superhawk and if so, did it make a worthwhile difference in pillion comfort?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
redsuperhawk
Old 10-22-2004, 05:15 AM
Back Marker

Random
Re: Seat questions

According to my GF's "***-o-meter" the corbin is much better on her bottom end. She also feels MUCH more comfortable with the backrest (gunfighter and lady verson) compared to just hangin' on to me. The ONLY reason I went with Corbin vs Sargent is to get the backrest.

She still complains that the rear perch is too high for her (she's only 5'2"), and that the passenger foot pegs are too close (limited leg room). She can only handle about 30 minutes of riding at a time as a "pillion" before she's got to get off and stretch and walk around (but both of those gripes are beyond the scope of the stock (or aftermarket) seat).
Old 10-22-2004, 06:13 AM
Back Marker

Rollingalong

The passengers don't get the chance to see those bumps coming up and brace by getting some pressure on the pegs .

No input from me either way other than my Wifey is 5'2" and the riding we will do allows for 3 hours at most with her on back . I ordered a Sargent just to be different and they do make a seat with plain black piping vs the yellow or red seen in the books . Corbin had that market cornered for years .

HE HE I have owned over 80 bikes since 1970 or so and this is the first seat I ever bought
Old 10-22-2004, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator
Back Marker

mamisano is an unknown quantity at this point
As Random stated, I also picked up a Corbin and later added the backrest for my wife. Her main problem is bad knees, so the seat didn't help her at all. She did like the backrest, as it gave her a bigger sense of security.

After selling the bike, my Corbin with backrest will soon be on Ebay. PM me if you don't want something new... and I can offer it up here first

-Michael
Old 10-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Squid

redsuperhawk

Thanks for the replies everyone.

My wife is 5'7", so seat height isn't really a problem. But I think she feels the pegs are a little high, so that makes her legs pretty cramped. But her main problem is the pathetic excuse for a stock seat.

Mamisano, you've been PM'd.

Jeff
redsuperhawk
Old 10-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
Back Marker

mamisano is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, that was my wife's problem too. She has a lot of knee pain when sitting on the back.

RedSuperhawk - PM Answered!