Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Reground Cams Group Buy

Old 03-29-2019, 12:32 PM
Back Marker

ACE VenTRa is on a distinguished road
Reground Cams Group Buy

I'll repost in classifieds if there is any interest...

I've got a verbal agreement for a reduced price from both Kent and Web for reground cams. I need to do a minimum to capture discounts though. Depending on which cam we use it looks as though it will be in the neighborhood of $500, we would need to provide oem's, set of 4, of which I have 2 complete extra sets to spare. Let me know and we can start hashing out the available profiles. FYI, the profile from Kent is on their site, Web cams posts a hard weld profile, that can be discounted too.

AV
Old 04-06-2019, 07:37 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an extra set of cores if that would help, just let me know.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:45 AM
Back Marker

Roger that, seems like limited interest thus far though.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:48 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Try posting on the (UK-based) vtr1000.org site also, you may get a better response

Kudos on the initiative, by the way. If my cams needs weren't taken care of I would be in....
Old 04-06-2019, 09:26 AM
Back Marker

I had considered that, but truthfully Kent is based in UK anyway and the price isn't too bad if you live there and don't have to pay shipping and exchange rate. I reached out to the legendary people of VTR lore for cam specs and flow data, they were rather unwilling to share real #'s however. Either way I'm used to going it alone in this regard. I did have another conversation with an Aussie Chap and here is part of our conversation: "Brian,
1. Never underestimate the value of experience of running a combination.
2. Always know, more is better than less.
3. Doing something new, being a pioneer remember this pioneers always get arrows in their ***."

So, I suspect that I will end up with Web's profile. I have been knee deep in Vizard's books though and he has quite a bit of good info on cam and head combos, well worth the time.

AV