Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Installing superbike steer

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Squid

TommieVtwin is on a distinguished road
Installing superbike steer

Hi there,

I'm thinking about installing a superbike steer on my VTR Superhawk, but I do not want to adjust the fairing panels. There are kits out there but they require you to do exactly that. I don't care about having to modify the brakelines and such.
Is there a way to do it without having to touch the fairing panels and if so, where and what to buy?
Old 08-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Thats Mr Dill hole to you
Superstock

filter69 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TommieVtwin
Hi there,

I'm thinking about installing a superbike steer on my VTR Superhawk, but I do not want to adjust the fairing panels. There are kits out there but they require you to do exactly that. I don't care about having to modify the brakelines and such.
Is there a way to do it without having to touch the fairing panels and if so, where and what to buy?

??? ..... Ummm Ahh What ?
Are you saying you would like to install a Steering Damper on your VTR1000F and would like to avoid cutting into the farings or just dont wanna take them off.?

I would think scotts makes one that mounts right on top of the triple not sure what model it is thou.]

Here found one .... http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...0--606253.html

But if you think you need one then there is something wrong with your bike or the susp. setup to be quite honest. this bike handles great and all the damper is gonna do is slow down the bikes reaction. but YMMV..
Old 08-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Squid

TommieVtwin is on a distinguished road
Not a steering damper but replacing the steering handles with a superbike bar. That offers a more comfortable riding position and better control over the bike.
English is not my mother tongue so I do appologise for any confusion...
Old 08-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Superstock

Not a steering damper but replacing the steering handles with a superbike bar. That offers a more comfortable riding position and better control over the bike.
My bad And welcome to the forums heres a link some what concering superbike bars and
the vtr
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...superbike+bars
Old 08-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Superstock

Here's a site you can make some bars that will work for the vtr like these angled risers.

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=557428

My bad And welcome to the forums heres a link some what concering superbike bars and
the vtr

and this one from Soopa Bling

Last edited by filter69; 08-07-2008 at 03:49 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-07-2008, 05:32 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Honda VFR clip ons from 1990-2001 are 41mm and are about as high was you can go without trimming fairings.

If you want to use superbike bars for great leverage (easier turning) and NOT trim fairings, I'd suggest finding the lowest (shortest) riser and a flat bar also called a drag bar.

Remember, the risers will need to be high enough to allow the handlebar to clear the tops of the fork tubes. Measure that distance and that will give you a good idea of what to look for and if this will even work without trimming plastic.