Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Injection manifold for turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 10:20 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

gboezio is on a distinguished road
Injection manifold for turbo

Long winter is coming and I have to keep myself busy so I decided to loose the stone age carbs on my SH, what those honda engineers were thinking....
So first step in fuel injection, it doesn't sound easy and in fact it's not, I have made an attempt to make a manifold with aluminium tubing and it failed since I don't have the right welding equipment and aluminuim is not stretchable to make some nice velocity stacks. Then I went to get stainless tubing...Too goddamn expensive and hell hard to work with. So I got back home and thinking and I had an idea. I have seen that old ABS potato cannon I made years ago, it was strong enough to launch potatoes in outer space it should hold a small 10 or 15 psi, it's light, gas resistant, insulate from engine heat, and resist to temps up to 230 deg F and anyone with a stove and half a brain can make something out of this stuff. So just started this week. It turned out to be very pleasant, easy and cheap to work with this material and the contact cement is really strong.
It's not in it's final stage yet but it goes well.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:05 AM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
I am assuming you are going to run fuel injection in conjunction with the turbo, due to your carb comment. Sounds like an interesting project.

Keep us posted.