Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

HealTech Gear position indicator

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 09:54 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
HealTech Gear position indicator

Found some older threads, but nothing recent... not knowing if the unit has been updated along the way...or older users have ditched it find it to be crap in the long run....Have any of you used the HealTech GI Pro X-Type Gear Indicator and GPX-HO1 harness?

The install guide makes it seem a quick and easy deal (though I would solder the pickup wire to the existing connector pin in a "piggy back" arrangement vs the suggested wire tap)

http://healtech-electronics.com/docs...llGuide_en.pdf

Last edited by E.Marquez; 09-26-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:09 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
I'm presently working on installing this one.

Hotsale Auto Programming 6 Speed Universal Digital Gear Indicator FOR Motorcycle | eBay

I've been looking at the GI Pro, but, didn't want to dish out the funds for one. Since I'm a cheap skate, I opted for the Chinese version.
The problem so far with this unit is the fact it uses the shift lever to travel a magnet across the two sensors. The VTR's shifter sits clear of anything to attache the sensors to.
So, I'm working on a brakcket system right now in order to connect this thing. It seams to work fine when I test it, but, will have to see once fitted to the bike if it still work well. If not, a few buck down the drain, and, a few hours of my time.
I am taking pictures as I go along in order to document my installation in order to post it here if it works well enough.

So Erik, I guess your the GI Pro guinea pig...:O)
Old 09-26-2014, 07:34 PM
über-n00b
Superstock

Spoot is on a distinguished road
I have one of those...I think.
I did the online config and it shows GiPro X-type, so I think that's what I must have.

I did this myself, so that means it must be quick & easy. I think I spent more time routing the wires up to the dash than I did hooking it up.
I did make a mistake when it came to 'programming" it. You're supposed to run through the gears....ALL the gears. Well, I was at the track for my first ride, I only hit 5th.
When I realized it had programmed itself, it only shows up to 5th gear.

and, if you promise not to tell anyone else, I actually thought I had a 5-speed SH. I never went for 6th until my last trackday at RA...I was like, HEY - I have a 6th gear!!
Old 05-07-2019, 06:10 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
HealTech GPI Ver2

Figured Id update this thread vs starting a new one.

I had an opportunity to work with HealTech in product development for their FI cleaner and the ECU tool....in return they provided some goodies.
Enjoying those and looking to see what else they had come up with I noticed there was a newer version of the GPI, new functions include
"Touch control, auto brightness, high speed warning and shift light function "
The look is the same, same size as well.

Waiting on a few more bits to show up and then a Sunday to roll around for the install
Old 05-07-2019, 07:39 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Cool deal. I’ll dig up the indicator I have and see if you can assist w install. I couldn’t find much info at all.