Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Foot pegs interchangeable with other bikes? Dirt bike pegs?

Old 12-19-2015, 12:46 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 23
Crackership is on a distinguished road
Foot pegs interchangeable with other bikes? Dirt bike pegs?

Hi all,

Long story short: My bike now has superbike bars and, now that I have more weight on my feet, I can't help but notice that the footpegs are very small and slippery. Not confidence-inspiring at all. I'd like to put something more like dirt bike pegs on it, but I haven't been able to figure out if they're interchangeable with any other bikes. Anyone ever done this before? Ideas?

Thanks!
Crackership is offline  
Old 12-20-2015, 09:43 AM
  #2  
That one guy
Back Marker
 
Meier Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Broken Arrow
Posts: 225
Meier Link is on a distinguished road
Anything is interchangeable with enough time, patience and planning.
Meier Link is offline  
Old 12-20-2015, 11:24 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,509
thedeatons is on a distinguished road
I installed VFR pegs on mine because i liked the look better.

Find VTR1000 footpegs on ebay and it will most likely have an interchange chart showing all the models they fit. Then just find a set you like from the model you like.

I think i paid $6 shipped for chinese VFR pegs. They are still working great!

James
thedeatons is offline  
Old 12-21-2015, 07:11 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
Back Marker
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 236
rick is on a distinguished road
beware of those really cheap chinese pegs. I broke one on my R6 mid-corner during a trackday. Scared the **** out of me. Same thing happened to my buddy.
rick is offline  
Old 12-22-2015, 07:30 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
finepooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: moncton nb canada
Posts: 1,261
finepooch is on a distinguished road
i have buell drop pegs on my hawk
finepooch is offline  
Old 12-27-2015, 07:39 AM
  #6  
Moderator
MotoGP
 
E.Marquez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kempner, TX
Posts: 4,240
E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rick View Post
beware of those really cheap chinese pegs. I broke one on my R6 mid-corner during a trackday. Scared the **** out of me. Same thing happened to my buddy.
Ha, I did the same thing on a customer's SM he wanted me to ride at the track.. I put my foot down after a little jump going into a corner, and I went to put foot back on peg and could not find pirch.... then realised i never took my foot off the peg...it broke off when I hit the landing and the foot was going to the ground for the corner anyway and I did not notice ... No more cheap chinese pegs for this guy.

I have aftermarket pegs on the SH now and hate them.. too small diameter, too slippery.. almost considering going back to stock.. or find another option
E.Marquez is offline  
Old 12-27-2015, 07:41 AM
  #7  
Moderator
MotoGP
 
E.Marquez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kempner, TX
Posts: 4,240
E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thedeatons View Post
I installed VFR pegs on mine because i liked the look better.

Find VTR1000 footpegs on ebay and it will most likely have an interchange chart showing all the models they fit. Then just find a set you like from the model you like.

I think i paid $6 shipped for chinese VFR pegs. They are still working great!

James
James what model/ year VFR?

I have seen an ad for "Front Pedals Footrests Foot Pegs For HONDA VFR 800 1998-2006 VTR1000 1997-2005"
so guessing VFR 800?
E.Marquez is offline  
Old 12-27-2015, 07:43 AM
  #8  
Moderator
MotoGP
 
E.Marquez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kempner, TX
Posts: 4,240
E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
E.Marquez is offline  
Old 12-27-2015, 07:47 AM
  #9  
Moderator
MotoGP
 
E.Marquez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kempner, TX
Posts: 4,240
E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
E.Marquez is offline  
Old 12-27-2015, 07:59 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
MotoGP
 
smokinjoe73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,923
smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Many of the ebay listings cross list vfr pegs with vtr so not sure what the difference is if the seller sees it as the same application.

I have the ones in Eriks second ad post and they have done well on cold pouring rain nights for me.
smokinjoe73 is offline  
Old 12-27-2015, 08:32 AM
  #11  
Moderator
MotoGP
 
E.Marquez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kempner, TX
Posts: 4,240
E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 View Post
I have the ones in Eriks second ad post and they have done well on cold pouring rain nights for me.
Good enough for me, thanks

ORDERED
E.Marquez is offline  
Old 12-27-2015, 11:00 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,509
thedeatons is on a distinguished road
I have the same set! They are awesome! My bike doesn't see track duty or supermoto duty, so i'm hoping they do fine

Mine have been on for about a year. You can't change the rubber, it is riveted on, unlike the oem ones which are screw on.

James
thedeatons is offline  
Old 12-28-2015, 07:05 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
Back Marker
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Prague - Czech
Posts: 219
Stephan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thedeatons View Post
I have the same set! They are awesome! My bike doesn't see track duty or supermoto duty, so i'm hoping they do fine

Mine have been on for about a year. You can't change the rubber, it is riveted on, unlike the oem ones which are screw on.

James

can you please estimate how much lower are these pegs? I am looking the way how to lower them, and this is one of the options. I donīt want rotating ones, just solid pegs, ideally similar to stock.
Stephan is offline  
Old 12-28-2015, 08:34 AM
  #14  
Moderator
MotoGP
 
E.Marquez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kempner, TX
Posts: 4,240
E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
can you please estimate how much lower are these pegs? I am looking the way how to lower them, and this is one of the options. I donīt want rotating ones, just solid pegs, ideally similar to stock.
The pegs we were discussion are direct fit and replacement of slightly different design, but not lower.
I "think" the only lower option is the buell offering or Cycle Pirates 360 pegs
E.Marquez is offline  
Old 12-28-2015, 09:43 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
Back Marker
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Prague - Czech
Posts: 219
Stephan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E.Marquez View Post
The pegs we were discussion are direct fit and replacement of slightly different design, but not lower.
I "think" the only lower option is the buell offering or Cycle Pirates 360 pegs
these pegs are lower because stock vtr pegs have higher base, but question is how much. It will be obviously not too much :-)

There is one nice option, but pricey

http://www.knightdesignllc.com/image...etrax-600h.jpg

Name:  IMG_013001IMG_0130.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  97.5 KB
Stephan is offline  
Old 12-28-2015, 10:17 AM
  #16  
Moderator
MotoGP
 
E.Marquez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kempner, TX
Posts: 4,240
E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
these pegs are lower because stock vtr pegs have higher base, but question is how much. It will be obviously not too much :-)

There is one nice option, but pricey

http://www.knightdesignllc.com/image...etrax-600h.jpg


Fair enough thanks for the correction..
Though I must admit I can not see any difference.. So what ever it is must be minimal

Attached Thumbnails Foot pegs interchangeable with other bikes? Dirt bike pegs?-foot-peg.jpg   Foot pegs interchangeable with other bikes? Dirt bike pegs?-foot-peg-side.jpg  

Last edited by E.Marquez; 12-28-2015 at 10:26 AM.
E.Marquez is offline  
Old 12-28-2015, 10:29 AM
  #17  
Moderator
MotoGP
 
E.Marquez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kempner, TX
Posts: 4,240
E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
E.Marquez is offline  
Old 12-28-2015, 11:40 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
Back Marker
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Prague - Czech
Posts: 219
Stephan is on a distinguished road
youīre right, it is just optical, difference is minimal, if any.





Stephan is offline  
Old 12-28-2015, 05:55 PM
  #19  
Junior Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 23
Crackership is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E.Marquez View Post
Fair enough thanks for the correction..
Though I must admit I can not see any difference.. So what ever it is must be minimal

I'm getting the idea I don't have the OEM foot pegs.. They have no rubber. They're just metal. I don't have a picture on hand, but they are definitely not these ones.
Crackership is offline  
Old 12-28-2015, 07:11 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,509
thedeatons is on a distinguished road
Gettin those good vibrations are ya?


James
thedeatons is offline  
Old 12-28-2015, 07:42 PM
  #21  
Junior Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 23
Crackership is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thedeatons View Post
Gettin those good vibrations are ya?


James
Sure, I guess. The vibrations don't bother me at all, they're just slippery as hell.
Crackership is offline  
Old 12-28-2015, 07:51 PM
  #22  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,509
thedeatons is on a distinguished road
You gotta get ridda those aluminum shoe soles man... Try wearing Vans... They are super grippy

James
thedeatons is offline  
Old 12-29-2015, 05:06 PM
  #23  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
NHSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South of Live Free or Die & North of Family Guy
Posts: 1,394
NHSH is on a distinguished road
I use OEM CBR600 F4I pegs and love it, less bulky look and work really well, fits perfectly!
NHSH is offline  
Old 12-30-2015, 12:48 AM
  #24  
Senior Member
Back Marker
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Prague - Czech
Posts: 219
Stephan is on a distinguished road
I will definitely go for buell pegs, seems like the best option for lowering. Thanks for reminder
Stephan is offline  
Old 12-30-2015, 05:36 PM
  #25  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
finepooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: moncton nb canada
Posts: 1,261
finepooch is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
I will definitely go for buell pegs, seems like the best option for lowering. Thanks for reminder
hopefully you can find them. buell's been shut down for some time now.
i did a how to thread a while back. wow, it has 3700 views now! i hope i helped people out.
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...-w-pics-18257/
finepooch is offline  
Old 12-30-2015, 07:51 PM
  #26  
Senior Member
Back Marker
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Prague - Czech
Posts: 219
Stephan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by finepooch View Post
hopefully you can find them. buell's been shut down for some time now.
i did a how to thread a while back. wow, it has 3700 views now! i hope i helped people out.
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...-w-pics-18257/
Seems like some pegs are still available, I've already ordered them
Stephan is offline  
Old 12-31-2015, 06:48 AM
  #27  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
finepooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: moncton nb canada
Posts: 1,261
finepooch is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
Seems like some pegs are still available, I've already ordered them
oh, right on and good for you.
post up how you make out installing them and how you like them.
is there snow in your part of the world now? or are you still riding? moncton, nb, canada is snowy and my head has summertime dreams of riding in the counrtyside
finepooch is offline  
Old 12-31-2015, 06:50 AM
  #28  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,509
thedeatons is on a distinguished road
No doubt China is still making pegs for Buells


James
thedeatons is offline  
Old 12-31-2015, 08:42 AM
  #29  
Senior Member
Back Marker
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Prague - Czech
Posts: 219
Stephan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by finepooch View Post
oh, right on and good for you.
post up how you make out installing them and how you like them.
is there snow in your part of the world now? or are you still riding? moncton, nb, canada is snowy and my head has summertime dreams of riding in the counrtyside

Install will be easy, just little grind and adapter tube inside, I am really looking forward to ride with this mod :-)


I am not riding since october, hence weather was good enough, but I am not fanatic rider. Today is 1st real freeze day this winter, no snow yet :-)
Stephan is offline  
Old 12-31-2015, 08:43 AM
  #30  
Senior Member
Back Marker
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Prague - Czech
Posts: 219
Stephan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thedeatons View Post
No doubt China is still making pegs for Buells


James

yes, I read they are made in taiwan, but oem buell pegs have nice smart looking :-)
Stephan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Foot pegs interchangeable with other bikes? Dirt bike pegs?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.