SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Dr. Honda Velocity Stack Order Thread (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/dr-honda-velocity-stack-order-thread-22337/)

Syclone 06-22-2010 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by residentg (Post 271055)
does anyone have any thoughts on how these stacks compare to the original run from a performance perspective? Thank you. JB

they should be the same as the "original run" as they were copies of the HP Power ones.

Dr Honda 06-22-2010 07:39 PM

Hi guys,

OK... the Velocity stacks have been added to my site, and the registration has been opened to the USA, Canada, and Australia.

If you are in a different country, please PM me, and I will enable the option, and get a shipping price for you.

For anyone outside of the USA, the shipping price will still show $10.50, but I will correct the shipping price before your creditcard is billed. (it will vary from country to country)

I added them without the help of my web guy... so if there is a problem, please let me know, and I will do my best to fix it.

And finally... anyone who wants to use paypal, please use the "Contact Us" form on my web site to request a paypal invoice. Make sure to give me your paypal address, and what country you live in, so I can add the correct shipping price.

Here is a direct link to the Stacks.

http://www.a-lmotorsports.com/Produc...ty-stacks.aspx

NAVY8TR 06-22-2010 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Honda (Post 271061)
Hi guys,

OK... the Velocity stacks have been added to my site, and the registration has been opened to the USA, Canada, and Australia.

If you are in a different country, please PM me, and I will enable the option, and get a shipping price for you.

For anyone outside of the USA, the shipping price will still show $10.50, but I will correct the shipping price before your creditcard is billed. (it will vary from country to country)

I added them without the help of my web guy... so if there is a problem, please let me know, and I will do my best to fix it.

And finally... anyone who wants to use paypal, please use the "Contact Us" form on my web site to request a paypal invoice. Make sure to give me your paypal address, and what country you live in, so I can add the correct shipping price.

Here is a direct link to the Stacks.

http://www.a-lmotorsports.com/Produc...ty-stacks.aspx

Man that is cool. very easy, very professional. Thanks Doc!

nuhawk 06-22-2010 08:10 PM

Hehehe! This is almost as much fun as having grandchildren. Comments to this thread should bar certain language for the next few weeks. Vroom. Pull. Ridiculus. What? That kind of stuff will not be tolerated around here for the next few weeks. Third gear power on wheelies will be reported to the cops.

Flinnt 06-22-2010 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by nuhawk (Post 271064)
Third gear power on wheelies will be reported to the cops.

But officer, it was Doctor's orders! (Dr Honda that is;))

Stevebis1 06-23-2010 07:27 AM

Anyone have a discount code for A&L ;)

Syclone 06-23-2010 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Stevebis1 (Post 271106)
Anyone have a discount code for A&L ;)

Dr Honda 06-23-2010 07:08 PM

Hi Guys,

Today was a little slow going. I had a bunch of questions, and web site issues. Also, one of my tools lost a little chunk from it's insert, so I had to scrap a couple stacks.

Tomorrow, I should have the stacks made for the orders that have already come in, and I will get them shipped out on Friday morning. For the rest of you guys... I will fill orders as they come in.

Last thing. For all the guys that have asked for a paypal invoice. I will send them out tomorrow night.

Thanks for the orders so far.

trinc 06-24-2010 11:53 AM

i sent my request for paypal ... :)

tim

Dr Honda 06-24-2010 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by trinc (Post 271286)
i sent my request for paypal ... :)

tim

Thanks. ;)

I will be sending invoices for paypal requests tonight, and I should have enough parts made to cover all the orders I have so far. Any one who pays by 9am EST Friday, will get shipped on Friday. Anyone after that will get shipped Tuesday. (I'm going to take Monday off to take my little girl to a local amusement park)

RWhisen 06-24-2010 03:28 PM

Bought off the website. Transaction went smoothly with no glitches.

Dr Honda 06-24-2010 05:05 PM

I just sent out the Papal invoices. (with the exception of the guys who are down in Australia) If you requested Paypal, and you didn't get an invoice, let me know.

If you didn't request a paypal invoice yet, and would like to pay using paypal, use the "Contact us" form on my web site, and request one.

If you request one now... or even place the order on my site via a credit card... your parts won't ship until Wednesday.

Dr Honda 06-25-2010 07:00 PM

Hi Guys,

All of the orders that were paid for by the dead line went out today.

Depending on how many orders come in... the next batch will go out on Wednesday. If everyone orders who was on that list... the final batch will go out on Friday.

Thanks for all the orders guys !!

Sleeper 06-25-2010 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by RWhisen (Post 271306)
Bought off the website. Transaction went smoothly with no glitches.

Ditto

Stumpy 06-27-2010 11:59 AM

sounds cool asked for a paypal invoice today. has anyone installed them yet and any before and after stats with the required re jetting

taskmasta 06-27-2010 07:47 PM

Man...I missed alot while I was in the Bahamas. Invoice has been requested.

Hawkrider 06-28-2010 10:20 PM

Got mine today! Man, what a professional looking piece, all the way down to the shrink wrapped packaging! Bravo Zulu!

Now I just have to find time to install them. I'm finishing up my '86 VF500 project tomorrow. I'm painting and will hopefully have the basecoat and clear on tomorrow if all goes well. Primer went on this evening. Jamie should be getting the Works shock back here soon and I'll have to install springs and GV emulators in the forks. Too many projects, not enough time! Argh!

Dr Honda 06-29-2010 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 271779)
Got mine today! Man, what a professional looking piece, all the way down to the shrink wrapped packaging! Bravo Zulu!

Thanks... it's always nice when my work is appreciated. :D And the shrink wrap (Skin Packaging) keeps them safe in transit.

TO ALL:

If you live outside of the USA, I understand that there may be taxes or terrifies involved with the shipping, but please don't ask me to send them as a gift. Since the parts are coming from a legitimate company, and all my shipping is being done with a company billing account... the shippers know that I am not shipping gifts. Also, if there are issues in transit (getting lost, or crushed) there may be problems with trying to make an insurance claim.

I'm sorry if this is an inconvinance... but I don't want to take the chance of the penalties that can come back on me personally, if I put false statements on the Customs forms.

Dr Honda 06-29-2010 05:59 AM

Just an FYI.... I'm still on track to ship the second batch on Wednesday.

salmanilla2000 06-29-2010 11:20 AM

Dr Honda can you let us know when you're going to stop making these beautiful stacks? I have several friends that want the stacks, but are in the middle of their projects and cannot afford the stacks right now, but they will later.

nothing 06-29-2010 12:13 PM

I'd like to know that ^ too, just started a new job last week.

Dr Honda 06-29-2010 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by salmanilla2000 (Post 271838)
Dr Honda can you let us know when you're going to stop making these beautiful stacks? I have several friends that want the stacks, but are in the middle of their projects and cannot afford the stacks right now, but they will later.

The stacks will be a normal part for A&L Motorsports. I'll try to keep a few on the shelf.

So to answer your question... They will always be available. I may be out of stock once in a while... but since the fixtures and CNC programs have been made... I can allways make more. ;)

Speaking of that... I guess my break is over. Back to work.

trinc 06-29-2010 07:22 PM

mine arrived today.... :)

http://www.pacifier.com/~trinc/images/vstacks.jpg

tim

Hawkrider 06-29-2010 10:06 PM

Dude, yours look completely different than what I got. WTF?

Just kidding! heheheh :evil:

trinc 06-30-2010 09:15 PM

test fit ....

http://www.pacifier.com/~trinc/images/vstacks1.jpg

tim

revhead1957 06-30-2010 11:48 PM

Never get tired of looking at bling bits that also make more grunt! :)

Dr Honda 07-01-2010 08:53 AM

Hi Guys,

Just an update.

Everyone who paid should be shipped. There are 2 sets "On the shelf" for anyone who orders in the next few days.

Tomorrow will be a paperwork and shop clean-up day for me, and I will be out of the shop on Monday. (July 5th) So if you order, or pay an existing paypal invoice... they won't get shipped until next Tuesday.

The majority of the guys on the list have ordered, and I thank you guys very much for that. For the guys on the list who haven't had the $$$ yet, I understand, and don't worry about it. I will try to keep a few sets in stock, but after the last 2 sets are gone, I will need to order more materials before I can make more. Also, I need to do a few things next week for my other customers, so there may be a short delay in getting batch #3 done.

Have a safe Holiday, and I'll start working on the fork brace in about a week.

Stumpy 07-04-2010 03:35 PM

Thanks so much got them yesterday. The GF did not buy the part about new ear rings for the sport bike woman so I just grunted and said more power worked for the tool guy. LOL

LineArrayNut 07-06-2010 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Honda (Post 272136)
Hi Guys,

Just an update.

Everyone who paid should be shipped. There are 2 sets "On the shelf" for anyone who orders in the next few days.

Tomorrow will be a paperwork and shop clean-up day for me, and I will be out of the shop on Monday. (July 5th) So if you order, or pay an existing paypal invoice... they won't get shipped until next Tuesday.

The majority of the guys on the list have ordered, and I thank you guys very much for that. For the guys on the list who haven't had the $$$ yet, I understand, and don't worry about it. I will try to keep a few sets in stock, but after the last 2 sets are gone, I will need to order more materials before I can make more. Also, I need to do a few things next week for my other customers, so there may be a short delay in getting batch #3 done.

Have a safe Holiday, and I'll start working on the fork brace in about a week.

been offline for a bit; sent inquiry for paypal invoice via site

nothing 07-12-2010 12:40 PM

thought somebody may find this clip interesting:

" The pressure wave(s) travels up the intake track and is inverted (positive to negative or negative to positive) at the opening of the velocity stack and is reflected back down to the valve. If the valve is closed when it arrives, it will bounce off the intake valve travel back to the velocity stack opening where it is inverted again and reflected back down to the valve. If the pressure wave(s) is tuned to arrive at the intake valve at the correct time, the engine can see a momentary supercharging effect of up to 7 psi. This explains why a normal aspirated engine can have over 100% volumetric efficiency."

link :)
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...iSI6yKQ_4_UStQ