Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Devil High Mount Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Squid

aaugsbu is on a distinguished road
Devil High Mount Questions

New to this site and had a few questions I thought I would through out there and see if I could pic the brains of other owners who have Devil High Mounts. First, I have seen other pictures of Superhawks that have the baffle taken out of the Devil exhaust. Mine do not have a screw that you can take out to remove them. I was wondering if you can take them out a different way? Also, what kind of jetting do you have? Lastly, it looks like there is a stain on part of the high mount pipe where someones shoe got to close and the rubber came off. How do you remove this from the pipe? I have included a pic of the baffles. Yes, I know the tail light turn signals are horrible, they are being replaced by a intergrated very soon.
Attached Thumbnails Devil High Mount Questions-100_1602.jpg  
Old 11-19-2010, 06:31 PM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
I could be wrong, but I don't think you have any baffles in those pipes.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Squid

The opening at the end of the exhaust is not as wide as the stainless steel part. I'll try to take a better pic tonight.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Yeah, but that's a design issue... They stuck a stainless oval tube on they for bling-bling... The smaller round tube is the same diameter as what passes through the core... I wouldn't mess with that...
Old 11-24-2010, 06:33 PM
JPP
Superstock

JPP is on a distinguished road
I bought Yamadog's Devil Carbon high mounts. They came with the silencer removed but were included with the sale. They were removed by grinding or drilling the single rivet out. I will be reinstalling them with new rivets. The outer opening is quite large.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Squid

Here are the pictures of the end opening to the Devil highmounts. They are aluminum cans with rivets in the ends. As you can see in the pics there is a baffle inside that some have chosen to take out.
Attached Thumbnails Devil High Mount Questions-100_1819.jpg   Devil High Mount Questions-100_1817.jpg  
Old 12-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Superstock

t-dogg is on a distinguished road
I would drill the rivits and pull it out. You can always put it back in with new rivits and just re-use the packing
Old 08-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Squid

MikeMcW is on a distinguished road
I have been looking for an answer to this as I think the baffle looks dumb. So I would just screw out the rivets at the end cap and then remove the baffle and rerivet the end cap back on?

Would this cause any jetting issues?
Old 08-24-2011, 05:00 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by aaugsbu
Lastly, it looks like there is a stain on part of the high mount pipe where someones shoe got to close and the rubber came off. How do you remove this from the pipe? D
Well there are several ways but probably the easiest way to get hardened melted shoe rubber off the pipe is when the pipe is good and hot wad up a towel (so you don't burn yourself) and rub it with some polish. It'll be soft and come off much easier when it's hot. If necessary you can always wet sand the metal and then polish it.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Back Marker

Dan Cronin is on a distinguished road
Any chance the end cap from another make is the same size as your silencers? You could try opening that end cap to your hearts content and not worry about trashing the original.

Another reason I ask is because I run a single Devil can on my SV650 and it doesn't have a baffle. When cranked up the thing is embarrassingly loud and it a much smaller engine. I can only imagine what no baffles on the SH would be with those Devils. Either way, have fun.