Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Anyone w/ YOSH slip ons???

Old 07-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Squid

A Team
Anyone w/ YOSH slip ons???

Does anyone have Yosh's on their hawk? How do they sound? Any feedback would be great.

I found them for $478...(stainless rs-3) seems like a good deal to me.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:32 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
a co-worker of mine had them on his '02, had a nice throaty sound compared to stock. They didn't seem real loud like some systems are but you definitely noticed them. I never rode his bike so I cannot comment on the noise factor when riding.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:54 AM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
I have them, but unfortunatley can't compare them to others (they were on the bike when I bought it). I can say they have a good rumble, get loud when you get on it, but aren't obnoxious like some of the other aftermarkets you hear on other bikes.... I'd say they are a good choice if you live in a quite 'hood....
Old 07-06-2006, 07:36 AM
Back Marker

senecagreen
If you want them better get them because yosh discontinued them for the hawk.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Squid

A Team
Originally Posted by SlowHAWK
I have them, but unfortunatley can't compare them to others (they were on the bike when I bought it). I can say they have a good rumble, get loud when you get on it, but aren't obnoxious like some of the other aftermarkets you hear on other bikes.... I'd say they are a good choice if you live in a quite 'hood....
Did you have to change your jetting?
Old 07-06-2006, 10:54 AM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
I haven't opened the carbs up to check so I can't help you there.

J.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Squid

A Team
Thanks all!
I better hurry, I can't wait to spend 500 bucks on exhaust!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Squid

JesseW.
i had some RS-3 carbons on mine, i really liked them until the carbon fiber decided to come out from under the clamp, oh well, they were 6 years old. they sound awesome at high rpm's but aren't really that loud. they have a higher pitch to them compared to the Jardine high mounts/race baffles i have on it now. the jardines are a lot louder and my neighbors complain about them( i park it in the hallway downstairs from my apartment hehe) and they didn't complain about the yoshi's. i would have gotten another pair of yoshi's but i couldn't find any for a good price.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:44 AM
Back Marker

RonVTR
I've had Yosh, TwoBros and Staintune. I felt that the Yosh were a tad bit on the loud side. Though not as loud as the TwoBros. They were more mellow than the TwoBros also. My fave ones are the Staintunes. They have a hollow rumble (kind of like a 350 chevy with flomasters) that I like.

And Yes... I had to rejet the carbs for the Yosh's. Actually I had to rejet for all of them. I used the Factory Jet Kit... Stock mains, #50 Pilots and needle clip at #3 (middle slot). The Staintunes used the same setting. At some point I'm going to try a #48 pilot jet instead of the #50.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:43 AM
Squid

A Team
I was also looking at the leo Vince web site and they claim that you do not need to rejet. Is that possible?? It seems that with everyone on this forum that has aftermarket exhaust you have to rejet.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Señor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
If it's just slip-ons, you probably won't "have" to. But you'll run more lean than stock (which is already on the lean side), so it's basically always a good idea to jet when doing the exhaust. I won't be putting on pipes until I can afford both.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Superstock

BirdofParadise is an unknown quantity at this point
I have heard the Yosh on a few SHawks and all three gave a mellow but noticeable pur. They are louder than stock but not obnoxious as has been said. On the highway I could hardly hear them next to my Wyleco cans so I can't give an opinion except that they are not real loud. Seems like they would be a neighbor friendly exhaust. If you live in an area patroled by the noise police Yosh will fit the bill. I happen to like the big block stock car rumble mine give (ear plugs aside).

Almost forgot...If the bike seems to be running lean (from free-er flowing exhaust) try taking two rags crumpled up in your hands and lightly press them to the exhaust outlets if the bike improves then you are running too lean as the reduction in air flow improved the situation. Not very scientific but a fast way to see if jetting might help.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Back Marker

Yardstick
That's what I've got and I'm another one that couldn't tell ya what difference they make because my bike came with 'em. They do sound nice!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Squid

A Team
thanks all