Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

15/43 Nirvana!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Wearing the Vtwin grin!
Squid

Bikephreak is on a distinguished road
15/43 Nirvana!

I just changed my gearing to 15/43 and what a difference it made! It feels like I am riding a dirt bike now. It easily wheelies in first,and second. Banging through the gears brings the front wheel up in third too. Way better acceleration too. I had the wife track me in the car and it seems to be 5 mph high at 60 and 70. Is that about what everyone else is finding? I didn't check to see how far off it was before the swap. Does anyone know?
Old 06-26-2009, 07:23 PM
SuperBike

k-d-williams is on a distinguished road
15/43 is the only way to go in my opinion. Speedo only being 5 mph off seems odd to me. Without the Speedo Healer, my speedo indicates 84 mph while the (actual) mph is 70 per my GPS. Thats just over 17% off.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Wearing the Vtwin grin!
Squid

Bikephreak is on a distinguished road
I didn't try it with my GPS yet. Maybe it is off more than it seems. Hanging a hand out the car window at 60 isn't exactly the most scientific procedure but it was all I could do at the time. lol
Old 06-28-2009, 09:36 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bikephreak
I had the wife track me in the car and it seems to be 5 mph high at 60 and 70. Is that about what everyone else is finding?
FYI - The speedo reads ~5mph fast with stock gearing. As mentioned already, you are probably 15mph or more fast now.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:59 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bikephreak
I just changed my gearing to 15/43 and what a difference it made! It feels like I am riding a dirt bike now. It easily wheelies in first,and second. Banging through the gears brings the front wheel up in third too. Way better acceleration too. I had the wife track me in the car and it seems to be 5 mph high at 60 and 70. Is that about what everyone else is finding? I didn't check to see how far off it was before the swap. Does anyone know?
Yeah, I like the 15/43 conversion myself. Just curious. What did your wife read on the car speedo when you reached 150mph?