under tail radiator build

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 05:29 PM
been there crashed that
Squid
Squid

new2thehawk is on a distinguished road
under tail radiator build

So begins my dig into into an under tail rad setup. I have talked to a few members here and there willingness to provide information has been amazing. The best way to learn is from your mistakes, even better is from the mistakes someone else has made! I am looking into mocking the benelli sub frame and rear tornado radiator and cooling system. I have to get my laptop back up and running to better post pictures along with my build. I have just completed a motor swap from a running 2002 impound bike. My 1998 suffered from malformer-ownership. The previous owner just didn't take care of her...

I swapped motor, swingarm, front forks and rim, and most of the new bits onto my 98 frame. Stripped all the front plastics off, set up a simple street fighter headlight on her for now. I plan on upgrading the front forks to the 929 or equivalent inverted forks, but the exposed radiators bother me the most.

I have looked into the benilli tornado and love the look of the fans out the rear. I will post pictures as soon as I get my laptop up. You can just Google it and see what I am talking about. The parts are around, including a rad that is already set to go under the pillion... SWEET!!

I hope to begin the transformation this winter, and will begin to lay out the work and needed parts now. I will also be selling off a ton of the parts I have stripped off my bike. Anyone needing parts feel free to pm me and ask, mostly upper plastic, head light, etc.

Please be patient, I should have pictures up within the next week or so. Two kids, work, bass fishing, there just is never enough time in the day...

PS any super hawk riders local to north jersey, let's get a group together for some rides. My friend has a Aprilla tuano, and I ride the superhawk, we are looking to enjoy some performance riding through Sussex,warren, and into Pa.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Squid

dan082482 is on a distinguished road
I'm in nnj, looking for some twisties and fellow riders. got an 02 vtr building up during winter.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:37 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
See, I never get why you would take a bike that runs hot already and reduce its cooling ability. Seems like a recipe for disaster. Why not adapt a front rad to at least break even?