Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

full front faring decision

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Umm...I'm awesome. Duh...
Squid

shake-n-bake is on a distinguished road
full front faring decision

i know a lot of you love how your superhawk looks, but personally i just dont care for the looks of the fairings all that much. im tossing a few ideas back and forth in my head. my mind is made up that im putting a ducati 748 biposto rear cowl on it, but the jury is still out on the front. im considering either the rc51 swap, but that seems to be done before, even though i like how it turns out.i saw this bike online and says its a modified 94 900rr fairing
after doing some looking around it looks like its a NSR 900RR like this

HONDA CBR 900 NSR REPSOL REPLICA 92-99, custom fairings, bodywork, fairing, upper, lower, mid, seat side, race, street, fender, tail, undertail, tank
the third option is an RVF750 fairing
tthe last two options i would order the race fairing with no light cut out and put my own hid lights or a light unit from a newer bike.

so whats ya'lls opinions?
Old 07-14-2011, 02:49 PM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
Honestly the same ideas have run through my head almost as long as Ive had my SH (5 years)

I have thought heavily about the streetfighter route but I like the look of a full fairing heavily modded race bike too.

one thought was going with a lower fairing such as a coerce/mori(too expensive) or a pyramid(like the lines and matches the uppers but doesnt change the uppers)

Ive also thought about making my own figerglass uppers of my own original design but I dont have the time on my hands for that anytime soon..

personally out of the options you provided I would go with the RVF750 fairings... they look better then the alternatives and I think they would match your tail section the best
Old 07-14-2011, 02:49 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
I the the RVF would match your tail the best, although looks like it might be a tight fit on the underside. Good luck!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:01 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Use the fairing off the original Katana..

Attached Thumbnails full front faring decision-725271_f520%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 07-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Back Marker

superhen is on a distinguished road
First off, let me say that I haven't done this mod. But seems to me you need to think about more than just asthetics. You need airflow over the outside of the radiators, to create low pressure and suck air through from the inside. If you just slap a full fairing on, and it doeasn't have the cutout in the right spot, it will run hot, yes?? Seems like the RC30 fairings wouldn't work because of this. And cutting your own rad holes won't look too good, unless it's "frenched" like the original. So one of the first two, based on pictures.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Back Marker

superhen is on a distinguished road
Oh yeah, and I don't know you Ianz, but I'm guessing your just kidding about that Katana plastic?!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:38 PM
907 Noble
Back Marker

AK Ronin is on a distinguished road
There's actually an original 80's Katana for sale up here for cheap!

Too bad you don't live in anchorage.

Womp-Womp.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:39 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
I prefer the first pic for the front, but also consider swapping out the rear section with something more modern and slim-lined. I think I've seen some pics of ducati rears on hawks.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:51 AM
Back Marker

Tormoz is on a distinguished road
I really like the look of the bike with the first fairing (with the Penzoil graphics), but personally I'm not sure I'd want to pay the insurance hike that would come after the inevitable tickets -- looks like a cop magnet.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:31 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tormoz
I really like the look of the bike with the first fairing (with the Penzoil graphics).
Aw it's just cause you like the pretty colors and the pic is bigger . I'm assuming that shakie's going to paint all the fairings 'cause he's mix'n'matching tail and front ones, correct?

I wonder how much of a difference the cutouts in each of the fairings will actually make as far a cooling goes? It's not like they don't have a "low pressure" area (compared to fairings like on a duc 998 which are all closed off)
Old 07-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Umm...I'm awesome. Duh...
Squid

shake-n-bake is on a distinguished road
yeah, no graphics, its going to be all black with red accents, black and red rims, black frame... so on and so forth. if cooling becomes an issue, i can modify the fairings a wee touch. it should be alright though. worse comes to worse ill either move the rads a bit or do some glass work