Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Experiences with Rumble Imports Undertail?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 01:21 PM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
Experiences with Rumble Imports Undertail?

No offense, but please, I really want to hear from those who have some hands on experience (not hear-say or opinions about its looks) with this undertail. Quality, fit/finish, tail and signal light visibility, durability etc. - whats good and/or bad. All the searches come up with bits of info here/there and sidetracked threads but very hard to get much info on it. So resist the urge to tell us what you heard or a better option etc. Just looking for first hand experience here.

I have been struggling with reasonable blinkers after exhaust change. Finally figure its time to find a good undertail that eliminates the signals and cleans up the back end some.

thanks

bill
Old 07-25-2007, 02:33 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
OK, my experience is first hand... sort of. My regular riding buddy got one. I will only comment on one thing... his LED integrated turn signals are very dim in my opinion. Somebody is making a turn ing front of me... I want to see BRIGHT flashing lights.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:28 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
As was stated the blinkers aren't the best, other than that I've been very happy with mine. The only problem I had was when I first got it one of the bulbs wasn't working, I found the problem was the solder wasn't built up enough on the bulb. I took a soldering iron, built up the amount and haven't had a problem since.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Squid

Throwedsmurf is on a distinguished road
I've been very interested in this one also. Does anybody have pics of it mounted? Sorry for not searching first, but I'm at work and only get 5mins here and there.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:58 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
A couple of pics on this thread, probably more some where else but it's a start.

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ight=undertail
Old 07-26-2007, 05:25 AM
Back Marker

bluevtr
Don't have the rumble, but as another option to get rid of rear signals, look into the Clear Alternatives with integrated signals. I DO have one, and it's bright as hell...I'll get some pics if you want 'em. You would then just need a undertail that works with the stock rear light.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:44 AM
SOCAL Living
Squid

chimor2001 is on a distinguished road
Rumble

I just purchased my rumble undertail, I'm getting it friday. Rumble with mid pipes is the way to go...
Old 07-26-2007, 06:52 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bluevtr
Don't have the rumble, but as another option to get rid of rear signals, look into the Clear Alternatives with integrated signals. I DO have one, and it's bright as hell...I'll get some pics if you want 'em. You would then just need a undertail that works with the stock rear light.
Are the turn indicators also bright and distinguishable from a following distance? what undertail/fender eliminator did you use with that combo?
Old 07-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Back Marker

bluevtr
Yes, the turn signals are plenty bright. I had my doubts until I followed while trading bikes with a friend. The turn signal portion is fully one half of the tailight, so there's plenty of lit surface area.
As far as the undertail, I still have the stock plastic. I simply drilled two new holes for the tag at the top of the plastic fender, mounted the tag there, and cut off everything below the tag. Not quite as clean as an undertail, but one of those mods that kinda looks like the bike came stock that way, only better. If interested, I'll take a pic. I wanted an undertail originally, but didn't want to spend the cash until I know what works, and I really like free mods, so...
Old 07-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Back Marker

thegreep
Thumbs up

I have posted the pics elsewhere, but my belief is the rumble wasn't that hard to install, and the quality is good. The scary part is cutting the stock undertail. I cut mine to keep the underseat bins, and it fit just about perfect. However, I did loose a tail light, so don't trust thier "hot glue" mounting of the tail light. I built a piece of metal that pushes the taillight into place after that happened. $50 replacement. I wasn't happy with the visibility of the turn sigs, so I added some to the pegs.

I put in my old pic and a couple off my cell phone. The 2nd pic is the piece I built to hold the light in place. the 3rd is the way it looks now with cans and CF Hugger.