SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Members Rides (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/)
-   -   VTR Of The Month - June 2009 - WINNER: Tweety!! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/vtr-month-june-2009-winner-tweety-18986/)

VTR steve 06-23-2009 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety (Post 223715)
On what?! The poll? Don't... I voted for you... :)

Seriously I did... That bike looks darned sweet... I was sore tempted to copy your tailswap a while... The swingarm got in the way...;)

The poll and the bike R6 here we come.:eek:

Tweety 06-23-2009 05:49 PM

Nooo Nononono... Not an R6... It's an evul IL4... And a small one too...;)

Oh BTW if you are selling the bike... Can I buy your bellypan... (Yeah I know, I know... But I keep getting idea's...)

nath981 06-26-2009 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by VTR steve (Post 223707)
I give up:confused:

if you give up because you because you don't win a stupid poll, you got other problems much bigger that won't be resolved as a result of what bike you own.:spank:

inderocker 07-01-2009 09:56 PM

Congratulations to Tweety! Definitely a job well done on that VTR!

nath981 07-01-2009 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by inderocker (Post 225020)
Congratulations to Tweety! Definitely a job well done on that VTR!

yes sir! definitely a great bike, but i would wager that it will never be done as long as Tweety owns it.:)

nath981 07-01-2009 10:14 PM

Congrats to VTR Steve for coming in a close second and considering the list of Tweety's mods, that's truly respectable.

RCVTR 07-02-2009 07:06 AM

+1 to that.
Steve I love the tail section and exhaust. Very innovative. Not wild about the headlight.

But having ridden one with stock suspension, back to back with mine, there was simply no comparison. They were completely different bikes. I just wanted mine back. I don't know how much a swingarm swap helps with the soft chassis on the VTR, but it definitely adds to the visual appeal.

chickenstrip 07-02-2009 07:15 AM

Nice goin' Tweety!

I didn't see your rearsets mentioned in the otherwise thorough list of mods ... did I miss it?
Your swingarm mod makes stock look weak. :(

FL02SupaHawk996 07-02-2009 08:25 AM

:congrats:

Tweety 07-02-2009 04:12 PM

Thanks all! Glad you like the result as much as I do!

And nope... I'm not even close to done with it... I have a long list of idea's... It takes hard work to keep up with that list... It keeps getting longer every time I look at it... :shock:

Originally Posted by chickenstrip (Post 225070)
Nice goin' Tweety!

I didn't see your rearsets mentioned in the otherwise thorough list of mods ... did I miss it?
Your swingarm mod makes stock look weak. :(

Yeah, I should probably clarify that, you aren't the only one asking... I only listed them as "custom"... ;)

The rearsets are cheap eBay one's for the CBR 1000RR that are adjustable... I basically used their CNC'd aluminum parts and scrapped all the substandard bolts and replaced the cheapo ball bearings with nice sealed one's... And since I won them at $6 + $11 in shipping that still came out way cheaper then any other option...

Then I made myself a pair of adapter plates which bolts on to the swingarm pivot like the OEM rearsets with matching bolt pattern for the CBR rearsets...

When I get the time and inspiration I'll make the CNC data for the plates... Then anyone that wants to can have a set made and use any CBR compatible rearset...

Yeah, the swingarm is nice... ;) And it's much lighter in it's construction than the old one... I cant remember the numbers right now but it add's only little over a kg in weight... And it does make a definite difference in stability... ;)

All tough if anyone wants to do that mod... Start by getting a height adjustable rear shock... Either DIY as mine or an Ohlins... Without it you'll run into problems...

VTR steve 07-03-2009 09:15 AM

Well done Tweety nice bike with some very nice mods. Looks like i need to get my head into gear to keep up with you guys.:D