SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Members Rides (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/)
-   -   New Member! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/new-member-12513/)

California69gs 08-29-2007 10:32 AM

New Member!

1 Attachment(s)
Hey there everyone. Well I took the plunge yesterday, despite not seeing much for an aftermarket, complaints of poor gas mileage and range, lack of power when compared to other rockets, despite the seat being up in the clouds (as I'm 5'4")........bought myself a 1998 VTR!

I've been riding a 99 honda shadow 750 ACE for 2 years now so it is a pretty big step up.

That being said, I've still got a smile on my face from the all to short 45miles that I put on her.

So now that I've owned it for nearly 18 hours, where does everyone hide the aftermarket parts for my bike, I'm tired of looking and someone must make parts!

Attachment 31393
Cali

RickB 08-29-2007 10:38 AM

:welcome: to the forum....

Hawk9807 08-29-2007 10:43 AM

Welcome.....Try www.solomotoparts.com They have a decent selection. You can do a search on here for more places.

killer5280 08-29-2007 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by California69gs (Post 127839)

So now that I've owned it for nearly 18 hours, where does everyone hide the aftermarket parts for my bike, I'm tired of looking and someone must make parts!

Cali

Welcome to the forum. It depends on what kind of aftermarket parts you're after. Because the Hawk is no longer in production, it's not widely supported by the aftermarket parts makers, but you can still find stuff on eBay and other places if you're patient and look hard enough.

California69gs 08-29-2007 11:24 AM

*sigh

The Hawk is worse then my shadow. Why is it that I always fall in love with the "unloved".......

Ah well, ya can't help who or what you fall in love with, one twist of the throttle and I was hooked. It was a lot easier to get used to then I thought it would be. Not looking to change the bike a ton. I wish there were some better posts or a definitive post on lowering the bike. Nearly burned my leg twice (left then right side) by the exhaust since I can barely tip-toe. And I'm looking for a deeper rumble from the exhaust, and something other then the 2x4 piece of lumber honda calls a seat. Otherwise I'm happy..........for the time being!

California69gs 08-29-2007 11:28 AM

oh and before I get picked on.........yes I was wearing boots, I maximized my height as best I could before getting on the bike. It's super comfortable (save for the ass & theigh) when I'm riding......it's just when I gotta stop that it's a problem! LoL

RPV-Hawk 08-29-2007 03:36 PM

Sargent seats seem the most popular. I've got a corbin and like it. Sargent also let's you customize the seat to make it lower. that might help you touch toes better!

Not much call for lowering a SH...but it should be doable.

California69gs 08-29-2007 06:03 PM

Well I can toe the ground and I'm determined to make it work for me. I'll have to look into the sargent seat.

RPV-Hawk 08-29-2007 09:10 PM

BTW...Where in Cali are ya?

California69gs 08-30-2007 09:14 AM

Oh Da! Sorry, hail from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Chitownson 08-30-2007 09:28 AM

Greetings from San Diego. (Former Chicagoan.)Try setting suspension up for correct sag etc. (check the forum posts.) Maybe lower front fork a few MM might help. (Also see posts.) Also, as other members said, Corbin and maybe Sargent sell seats about 1" lower. Personally, I took the cover off my seat and just hacked 1" out of it. Looks O.K; bike handles much better because you're sitting in the seat, not perched for a prostate exam.

RPV-Hawk 08-30-2007 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by California69gs (Post 128011)
Oh Da! Sorry, hail from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

California 69 GS...but you're in the Home of Harley?:confused:

Oh well, at least you're riding a V-Twin. You won't get run outta town!:D

California69gs 08-30-2007 10:26 AM

Ah......california69gs.....My dad's first new car was a 1969 Buick California GS....I grew up in that car....he gave it to me as a graduation gift from college......very fun car, lot's of torque..........guess I like that kinda thing!