SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Members Rides (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/)
-   -   NEW HERE (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/new-here-24364/)

Wolverine 12-20-2010 06:13 AM

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/mo...awk/index.html

http://image.motorcyclistonline.com/...uper_hawk+.jpg

We need some red, white and blue guys, COME ON!!!!

8541Hawk 12-20-2010 10:47 AM

So have you built anything yourself? Or have you just gone out and bought stuff that someone else built and now what to talk a bit of shite???

Which leaves the fastest question..... Then again I tend to ride with a bunch of guys on late model liter bikes and more than a few of them have a hard time keeping up. So just because you have a fast bike doesn't mean you can ride them fast.

On the plus side, yes you have some fast bikes. On the minus side, you didn't build them. So IMHO that puts you on the same level as everyone else.

8541Hawk 12-20-2010 05:18 PM

Back to the original question, which is faster the FireStorm or SuperHawk......

If I remember correctly, in '98 & '99 the Euro spec bikes were fitted with restrictions in the carb isolators to limit them to 100hp.

So, in stock form (on the '98 & '99 model years after that they are all the same), a Euro FireStorm is putting out 100hp and a US SuperHawk is putting out 105hp (or for those of you who remember the first ad campaign..... 1 more hp than a 916) which one do you think would be faster????

Your turn..... ;)

Now if you start talking modified, well there are a few blow\ turbo bike that would take that crown.

Tweety 12-20-2010 05:46 PM

Actually not quite correct... Only a few countries where the insurance rules where at the time a bit screwed up, did that apply... ;) So about 60% of the Euro spec bikes during those years were identical to the US spec... ;)

So, you get the ball handed back... Your turn... :rotf:

BTW, about the modified bikes... So far I know of gboezio's in the US, and one VTR with a supercharger and another one with a turbo in Australia, plus mekkanikers turbo'ed one in Sweden... And one British nutcase with a VTR engine that is both...

I'd say that makes it 4 to 1 on those in favour of the Firestorms... But who's counting... ;)

mikstr 12-20-2010 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety (Post 288999)
Actually not quite correct... Only a few countries where the insurance rules where at the time a bit screwed up, did that apply... ;) So about 60% of the Euro spec bikes during those years were identical to the US spec... ;)

BTW, about the modified bikes... So far I know of gboezio's in the US, and one VTR with a supercharger and another one with a turbo in Australia, plus mekkanikers turbo'ed one in Sweden... And one British nutcase with a VTR engine that is both...

I'd say that makes it 4 to 1 on those in favour of the Firestorms... But who's counting... ;)

gboezio is a fine Canadian lad, lives about one hour up the road from me, so his is a Storm too.....

Tweety 12-20-2010 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by mikstr (Post 289001)
gboezio is a fine Canadian lad, lives about one hour up the road from me, so his is a Storm too.....

Ah... Sorry gboezio, didn't mean to offend... ;)

That makes it 5 to 0 then... :rotf:

8541Hawk 12-20-2010 07:17 PM

Well then if they are the exact same spec then the OP's gauntlet throwing is rather a moot point....

As for all the super high power moded bikes...... Guess you got me there, even if they are worthless as street bikes.

So bask in you victory.... As for me, I'll just take my poor underpowered SuperHawk out for another ride tomorrow...... ;) :evillaugh:

Tweety 12-20-2010 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk (Post 289015)
So bask in you victory.... As for me, I'll just take my poor underpowered SuperHawk out for another ride tomorrow...... ;) :evillaugh:

Now that is just mean... :cry:

Have a look at what's outside my window right now... :(

mikstr 12-20-2010 07:37 PM

Much the same here. On a positive note, however, I hope to sit my butt down on a brand-new (Rotax-powered) 163 hp direct injection 800 cc two-stroke snowmobile in the coming days. Of course, I may opt instead for the 165 hp R1-derived four-cylinder Yamaha, or maybe the twin-cylinder two-stroke 163 hp batteryless fuel injection Arctic Cat 800, or the..... Winter has its advantages too :)

YETI 12-21-2010 04:12 AM

OK!!
i admit it:eek: i purchased a finished bike :eek: is that a sin / then im a sinner
but does that mean its not a firestorm NO

at some point someone will have to admit defeat
the spoon is ready i just need someone to come forward and take it like a real man
or give photographic evidence of bended knees and flower in position
regards
YETI.. :D

YETI 12-21-2010 11:49 PM

WHOOPS!
it looks like i missed a reply from 8541hawk ..
SIR i accept your admission that firestorms are superior / well the high powered ones ....but that will do
so now am happy to leave the subject and move on
a big THANK YOU to everyone for there help with this thread
regards
YETI..

superchickencornermonster 12-22-2010 07:47 AM

FASTEST!

1 Attachment(s)
As you can see from the diagram below, the Blue spectrum of light has the highest intensity and therefore is the fastest traveling light waves of all. Black, of course is not a combination of all colors, but the lack in which thereof. Therefore, Blue obviously is the fastest of all SuperHawks and Firestorms. Is blue available in the FS? Hmm....

trident00 12-22-2010 04:42 PM

Nice bikes. Grats

Cheers, Walt

8541Hawk 12-22-2010 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by YETI (Post 289029)
OK!!
i admit it:eek: i purchased a finished bike :eek: is that a sin / then im a sinner
but does that mean its not a firestorm NO

at some point someone will have to admit defeat
the spoon is ready i just need someone to come forward and take it like a real man
or give photographic evidence of bended knees and flower in position
regards
YETI.. :D

No what it means is that you are coming off like an asshat in your first post.

The reason I say that is because you remind me of a shit pot full of wanna be bikers around here. You know the ones that buy the most expensive bike they can find and expect everyone to bow down to them because of it.

So to want your ass kissed because you have the cash to throw around to pick up an old racing VTR just isn't going to fly with me.

While the bikes are nice, I personally am more impressed with the guy who goes out to the workshop and makes the bike he wants.

So you might be a great guy but you will need to find somewhere else to get folks to bow down to you.

7moore7 12-22-2010 05:30 PM

In scrabble, superhawk gets a score of 21 and firestorm only 14. so there.

trident00 12-22-2010 07:46 PM

I concur 8541HAWK. Was going to type something a bit similar but with the heat I've taken in the past decided to delete it and just post what I did. But ya know. In reality it was a very arrogant way to make a first impression. Not my cup of tea so to speak.

Anyhow I'm back to just lurking.