Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

My 98 bumblebee

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 03:37 AM
Squid

Bumblebee is on a distinguished road
No, Or atleast i dont think so. Ive had it almost 3 months now and i got it from a guy in winsted, ct. The part that sux is last week i blew a disc out in my back and cant ride anymore so when i get the title in the mail from the dmv its going up for sale. This really sux cause I really love this bike. Everything about it is perfect, The look, the ride, the sound, and i swear it was built for me cause I fit it perfect. But I will really mess myself up and not be able to walk if I keep riding..
Old 09-13-2007, 08:00 AM
Superstock

MarineHawk is on a distinguished road
By the way, I believe that tail is a Metisse Predator...Anyone remember the blue "SuperDuc" that was posted on here? It had one too.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
If your going to part that baby out let me know how much you want for the seat and tail section!
Old 09-15-2007, 04:23 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bumblebee
No, Or atleast i dont think so. Ive had it almost 3 months now and i got it from a guy in winsted, ct. The part that sux is last week i blew a disc out in my back and cant ride anymore so when i get the title in the mail from the dmv its going up for sale. This really sux cause I really love this bike. Everything about it is perfect, The look, the ride, the sound, and i swear it was built for me cause I fit it perfect. But I will really mess myself up and not be able to walk if I keep riding..
This is absolute ****! What the **** happened??? This is as bad or worse than having a wreck. Are you finished for good? Are you going to have surgery or is that why you have to hang it up? I've kinda had that conversation with my doctors "If you're going to keep doing this, surgery is the only way." Ugly news. Either way!

What a beautiful machine. Worst case, take lots of pictures and store them away so when you talk about your Superhawk you can really show people how you made the bike not only unique but your own. All the best to you, Dude!
Old 09-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Squid

Bumblebee is on a distinguished road
Thanks nuhawk, the doc said when the disc blew out the main artery for my left leg got pinched between the bones, as of right now im looking at surgery but dont have insurance so it has to wait. Just sitting in one position to long my leg goes numb and takes about an hour to get feeling back. So he said if i ride and it compresses the artery too much i will have serious consiquences. So the bike has to go, maybe a few years down the road ill be ok to ride but for the time being there is no riding at all. So well see what happens. But dont worry, I will be back.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Squid

Jokers996 is on a distinguished road
The seat looks like a Metesse Predator seat. I spoke with a company that used to carry them and they said they were discontinued
Old 11-24-2007, 06:32 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

newb007 is on a distinguished road
I realize this thread is probably old enough his bike is sold but I also had a disc rupture and had to have surgery. I'm just over a year from that surgery and riding my super hawk and loving it. I had so much pain before surgery I was sipping Loritab several times a night just to sleep all night long. The 45 min drive to work in a car became several 15 min drives with stops to get out, stretch, scream and punch the steering wheel because of the pain. I described it to most people as if you took a long rusty steel pointed rod and shoved it in through your hamstring at your *** and pushed it all the way down to your ankle. Yeah that about captures it.

I had the microdiscectomy surgery so I was in and out the same day. Spent three months fully recovering and about 6 months ago began riding motorcycles again. I do have to be careful about how I position my back and make sure I use my stomach muscles, but all in all, nothing anybody shouldn't be doing for proper riding position anyway. SO the moral of the story is, it is definitely possible to ride and take care of your back at the same time.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:37 PM
SuperSport

Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
ProGrip Grips rule!
Old 05-06-2008, 06:57 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
+1 for arthroscopic laminectomy / Discectomy
Old 05-06-2008, 07:03 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport