Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

Hi Im Pete and Im a Hawk-a-holic

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Squid

Pete187Rock is on a distinguished road
Hi Im Pete and Im a Hawk-a-holic

Been riding for 6 years mostly mountains and track days. Started on a 2000 katana 600 rode that for 2 years, then got a 2003 CBR600RR did mostly track riding on that for 2 years, not I have a 1998 VTR1000. Looking for advice on getting a bigger tank, a set of forks, and some decent bodywork race or street doesnt matter. I had pics somewhere but cant find them now. Ill get some up soon.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

bdizzle is on a distinguished road
Do a search on vfr gas tank or go here. (I'ts a bit pricey though.) http://www.eti-fuelcel.com/VTR.HTML
Old 10-04-2007, 05:25 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Superbling's VFR gas tank modified for a Superhawk is in my barn - still in the shipping container. I haven't even opened it because the member that I bought it from is a packaging/shipping engineer. It might be for sale for the right price. I thought it was collector level stuff when I bought it and I am getting my Superhawk tuned for the longer ride. Besides my stock tank is not 100%. LMK if you are interested in a "bolt on" solution. Bring your checkbook.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by bdizzle
Do a search on vfr gas tank or go here. (I'ts a bit pricey though.) http://www.eti-fuelcel.com/VTR.HTML

lol a bit pricey my ***, that **** is insane!!! We got a guy that will make one locally and he is the **** and he only wants 500. No way in hell I would pay 1k for a friggin sportbike tank. GEEZ
Old 10-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by nuhawk
Superbling's VFR gas tank modified for a Superhawk is in my barn - still in the shipping container. I haven't even opened it because the member that I bought it from is a packaging/shipping engineer. It might be for sale for the right price. I thought it was collector level stuff when I bought it and I am getting my Superhawk tuned for the longer ride. Besides my stock tank is not 100%. LMK if you are interested in a "bolt on" solution. Bring your checkbook.

Does it hold more gas than my VTR tank? IF so how much more fuel and how much do ya want for yours?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:27 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I think it's about a gallon. You can PM 'Bling to be sure. I'm not sure about the price. I have my bike tore apart doing the MCCT's right now and I have never seen the stock tank with the bra off. What a mess! I may mount the VFR tank on temp while I have the stock tank refinished. I don't even remember (accurately) what I paid for it but if I was interested in selling it - five large might get my interest. I am pursuing another VFR project and could use the funds. The Superhawk could be one of those hundred from home machines or a track bike that's a blast to ride but we ain't going to the coast two-up.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

Originally Posted by Pete187Rock
lol a bit pricey my ***, that **** is insane!!! We got a guy that will make one locally and he is the **** and he only wants 500. No way in hell I would pay 1k for a friggin sportbike tank. GEEZ
I know, and the thing is he is located no more than a five min. drive from me. If he was resonable i would have bought one when i found out about him.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by nuhawk
I think it's about a gallon. You can PM 'Bling to be sure. I'm not sure about the price. I have my bike tore apart doing the MCCT's right now and I have never seen the stock tank with the bra off. What a mess! I may mount the VFR tank on temp while I have the stock tank refinished. I don't even remember (accurately) what I paid for it but if I was interested in selling it - five large might get my interest. I am pursuing another VFR project and could use the funds. The Superhawk could be one of those hundred from home machines or a track bike that's a blast to ride but we ain't going to the coast two-up.

500 is a bit much for me to pay for a fuel tank on a 3k bike. lol Would only be a difference of 30 miles or so to me too.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Squid

VoodooDog is on a distinguished road
pete
Old 10-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Squid

I know, and the thing is he is located no more than a five min. drive from me. If he was resonable i would have bought one when i found out about him.

Do people still race these things ??? lol Just curious where his market would be to justify making those for so much. I cant see him selling alot of these.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by VoodooDog
pete

Thanks bro, I got family in KY. Up in covington.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

Do people still race these things ??? lol Just curious where his market would be to justify making those for so much. I cant see him selling alot of these.
Well, he can get away with the price where he's located because westlake is full of rich f@#ks.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Squid

Well, he can get away with the price where he's located because westlake is full of rich f@#ks.

Must be but you would think those rich ***** would be riding beemers and ducs. lol
Old 10-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

Must be but you would think those rich ***** would be riding beemers and ducs. lol
oh yeah, we have alot of those out here.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Squid

oh yeah, we have alot of those out here.

I bet. lol
Old 10-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

I bet. lol
anyway, to get back on topic (lol) i think the best way to go is the vfr tank like everybody says.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Squid

anyway, to get back on topic (lol) i think the best way to go is the vfr tank like everybody says.

Ive also heard that you could get a 02+ euro VTR tank that holds more gas as well. Not sure or have gotten confirmation on that but worth lookin into. As far as the VFR tank now what year model would I need to get this off of and will it bolt straight up or need to be modded?
Old 10-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

Ive also heard that you could get a 02+ euro VTR tank that holds more gas as well. Not sure or have gotten confirmation on that but worth lookin into. As far as the VFR tank now what year model would I need to get this off of and will it bolt straight up or need to be modded?
02-06 will work and yes it will require some modification. As far as the euro tank goes if you can find one i'd get it.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Squid

02-06 will work and yes it will require some modification. As far as the euro tank goes if you can find one i'd get it.

What kind of modification are we talkin about? If its not so bad I will go that route. How much more fuel am I lookin to add by getting a VFR tank? I tried sharking ebay for a euro tank but its hit or miss, sometimes they are actually US tanks. lol kind of fucked up I know but ive been lookin for sure.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

What kind of modification are we talkin about? If its not so bad I will go that route. How much more fuel am I lookin to add by getting a VFR tank? I tried sharking ebay for a euro tank but its hit or miss, sometimes they are actually US tanks. lol kind of fucked up I know but ive been lookin for sure.
Check this post out.https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...light=vfr+tank
Old 10-05-2007, 06:14 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Welcome Pete....
Old 10-05-2007, 09:17 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome aboard Pete, he's good peeps from bsb. Oh and Sharkskinz makes the best race stuff, keep your eyes on the classifieds they do come up from time to time. There are a million front end swaps too, usd, 900rr, F4 etc....just depends how much you want to spend and what results you want.

Last edited by superhawk22; 10-05-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by superhawk22
Welcome aboard Pete, he's good peeps from bsb. Oh and Sharkskinz makes the best race stuff, keep your eyes on the classifieds they do come up from time to time. There are a million front end swaps too, usd, 900rr, F4 etc....just depends how much you want to spend and what results you want.

There he is! lol Yeah for not im trying to get the motor and mechanics done then worry about the cosmetics. Founf 2 APE MCCT's for right at 100 and those should be here soon then I gotta get this damn valve adjustment knocked out. After that I may do the VFR tank swap but that write up looks like a bit more modding then I think I wanna do. THe front end just sucks on mine. I can live with it but seems everytime I hit a sharp bump it feels like a lowered car sitting suspension on suspension, its that rough. Other than that it rides pretty good.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Moderatio est Figmentum
Superstock

Hawk9807 is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard Pete. Nice to see another SH in the neighborhood.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
hello Pete, I am Randy, and I have been sober now for 3 weeks...Welcome...
Old 10-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by Hawk9807
Welcome aboard Pete. Nice to see another SH in the neighborhood.

Wow you are in the same neighborhood. WHere abouts do you live? I just moved from covington.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

Originally Posted by kickinchicken996
hello Pete, I am Randy, and I have been sober now for 3 weeks...Welcome...
liar!!
Old 10-05-2007, 02:07 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
THe front end just sucks.
There I fixed that for ya. That's how they all are even more so because the geniuses at Honda set up the front end for a 120lb rider!!! I don't know about you but I haven't seen 120 since JR. high.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by superhawk22
There I fixed that for ya. That's how they all are even more so because the geniuses at Honda set up the front end for a 120lb rider!!! I don't know about you but I haven't seen 120 since JR. high.

I havent seen 120 since middle school. lol
Old 10-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
liar!!
Ok, so what's your point! LOL

Quick Reply: Hi Im Pete and Im a Hawk-a-holic