Group Rides Get together with fellow riders...

Richmond - Taking Tues 1/8 off to Ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 08:03 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Richmond - Taking Tues 1/8 off to Ride - PICS added

Hotbrakes... Reaper... You guys interested?

Last edited by L8RGYZ; 01-08-2008 at 09:13 PM. Reason: update
Old 01-08-2008, 09:12 PM
SuperBike

Temps in the 70s in January... gotta love that global warming thing!

Yogaville... no, really... Yogaville.

James River @ Wingina...

My favorite road...

Gnarly road to Batesville...

Old 02-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Back Marker

bigpat123
any rides coming up

i am finnally back on the site.....damn work sucks too many hours of it and not riding. but any rides coming up in the Richmond area anytime soon guys? I want to pull my baby out of the garage and get her purring (with that annoying hickup) again.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:28 PM
SuperBike

Hotbrakes put his up for the winter I think. Don't know about Reaper.

I ride most Sundays when the weather is in the 50s or better. Keep posting. There's some local riders on monkeyriders.com and I know some more squidy types that I have no business riding with, but I do sometimes anyway. Most times my rides are 4 to 8 hours.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:08 AM
SuperSport

reaper is on a distinguished road
I'm available to ride, my only problem is that I have to pick my daughter up from school by 3:30 pm. If we could start early and ride somewhere between Richmond and Manassas, say the Fredricksburg area..........count me in.

As far as Hotbrakes goes, I am sure we can nudge him to put humpty-dumpty back together again.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:37 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
I'm not puttin her back together til the painting is done. Hopefully this week. I have been riding though, but most of these nice days I have spent doing work around the house and stuff. I rode 2 days ago as a matter of fact. But not Hawk, so it really doesn't count.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:52 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

joshuatest is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by reaper
If we could start early and ride somewhere between Richmond and Manassas, say the Fredricksburg area..........count me in.
oh come on... Fredricksburg is hardly the "between point" from Richmond to Manassas... You gotta go farther south than that to count for meeting half way.. lol

I lived in Lake Ridge, Va (Woodbridge area) for a couple years... Worked in/around DC metro area... Anyway... I have family in Gloucester, Va, which is off RT17 south of Tapahannock (surely not spelled right)... ANYWAY... the point is.. I used to take I95 South from Woodbridge to the RT17 S exit near Fredericksburg, and take that south... It wasn't always law inforcement free.. But nice little area... Lots of small hill tops and turns... Could always stay high speed through there, and wheelie the hill tops without trying... Wasn't on the Hawk though.... But I do miss riding in Virginia... NY SUCKS....

I also used to use a motorcycle shop in Fredericksburg too.. Good place.. Religous guy.. he did like sunday bible school or something in the same shop.. I don't remember the road name... But I95 to fredericksburg, get off at a exit where there was a KFC, a big gas station, and I remember they just opened a new Walmart right there... Anyway... exit off, turn right... a few miles up on the left, just passed a intersection..

Anybody know what place i'm talking about... I would remember the name if i heard it... Anyway.. At the time.. the guy was GREAT.. cheapest place to have rubber mounted if you bought tires online... did a clutch for me pretty cheap and did my sprocket swaps for free since he had it there for the clutch anyway...
Old 02-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Back Marker

bigpat123
Originally Posted by Hotbrakes
I'm not puttin her back together til the painting is done. Hopefully this week. I have been riding though, but most of these nice days I have spent doing work around the house and stuff. I rode 2 days ago as a matter of fact. But not Hawk, so it really doesn't count.
I know the feeling. I just got a house within the last year and thats why I havent been on the site-too much crap to do around the house, those damn honey-do lists. but now Im ready to ride(after I charge the battery).
Old 02-19-2008, 08:52 AM
SuperSport

Joshuatest- I know the place you're talking about. My friends GP belongs to the MC there. I guess its a bunch of guys that went sober and found Jesus or something. Didn't think they worked on sport bikes, actually I didn't think they really worked on anything, I thought it was just the club house.

Bigpat- Well, Reaper, myself, and L8RGYZ all live in the area and we ride a lot. Especially L8RGYZ, and he lives in Richmond. Let us know if you wanna ride. I'm off during the week a lot along with Reaper, and L8RGYZ and I do lots of Sunday rides together to the mountains.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Back Marker

bigpat123
Originally Posted by Hotbrakes
Joshuatest- I know the place you're talking about. My friends GP belongs to the MC there. I guess its a bunch of guys that went sober and found Jesus or something. Didn't think they worked on sport bikes, actually I didn't think they really worked on anything, I thought it was just the club house.

Bigpat- Well, Reaper, myself, and L8RGYZ all live in the area and we ride a lot. Especially L8RGYZ, and he lives in Richmond. Let us know if you wanna ride. I'm off during the week a lot along with Reaper, and L8RGYZ and I do lots of Sunday rides together to the mountains.
Count me in, my brother just bought me a sargent seat and i cant wait to try it out. i have a various sched, so i am able to ride almost anytime the wife doesnt complain. fell free to contact me whenever you guys wanna ride.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:29 PM
SuperSport

reaper is on a distinguished road
Did you guys ride the other day?
Old 02-21-2008, 02:36 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
We in the great white north (topographically speaking) DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT!
Old 02-21-2008, 06:53 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I know what you mean about the great white north. The year that I moved back to Texas was the all time annual high snowfall in Minneapolis. We were driving around in trenches. I had seen enough. When I call it Manysnodalot - it did - I learned to hate it.

The heat in Central Texas is equally despicable but it usually only lasts a couple months. Winter happens here a couple days at a time. We act like we're under siege if it's four. With the cost of fuel bikes have been ridden here nearly every week of the winter. Mine is not one of them. I pick the good days but I've had several opportunities.

I still have friends and family throughout the snow/corn belt and you have had a tough one this year. Keep the logs in the fire and the oil changed in the snowblower. It will end soon.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:20 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk
I know what you mean about the great white north. The year that I moved back to Texas was the all time annual high snowfall in Minneapolis. We were driving around in trenches. I had seen enough. When I call it Manysnodalot - it did - I learned to hate it.

The heat in Central Texas is equally despicable but it usually only lasts a couple months. Winter happens here a couple days at a time. We act like we're under siege if it's four. With the cost of fuel bikes have been ridden here nearly every week of the winter. Mine is not one of them. I pick the good days but I've had several opportunities.

I still have friends and family throughout the snow/corn belt and you have had a tough one this year. Keep the logs in the fire and the oil changed in the snowblower. It will end soon.

Thanks for the cheer, I just changed the auger belt on the SB. When I run it, I imagine I'm warming up my RD. I love the smell of 2-strokes in the morning, it smells like victory, ah eh, summer. All the shoveling is taking a toll on my torn up elbow from my bicycle crash on 1-1-07! I think I'll wait till October to get it cut and let someone else shovel.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:15 AM
SuperBike

Got out for a couple hours late Sunday out near Goochland. Not bad. Really didn't ride far enough to have much fun. If you want, any of you guys send me an email address.
Or just keep an eye out here. I check in at least once a day.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:20 AM
SuperBike

http://www.monkeyriders.com/forums/v...e7e72acbd55d0d

I'll probably hookup with these guys for a few hours on Sat. (2/23)or Sun. (2/24).
Old 03-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Back Marker

bigpat123
i really hate this damn weather....while i am working its 70's then when i am off its pouring.....all i want is some decent days to ride is that too much to ask... its making me want to move back to miami and i dont want to do that again.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:57 PM
SuperSport

Reaper and I are gonna bundle up and ride Monday as long as everything goes well with the reassembly. I might ride Wednesday too, and Thursday?

If anyone travels on the interstate tomorrow, watch out for all the vehicles pulling trailers. I guess everybody's bike broke down at bike week so they have to tow them back. Bummer...
Old 03-10-2008, 12:36 PM
SuperBike

i had dental surgery today. hopefully i'll be good to strap on a helmet next weekend.
ran 60 & 56 over the mountains with a couple of v-stroms last weekend... it was a fun day. Did a couple vids: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...52443310275492