Group Rides Get together with fellow riders...

NE IL - SE WI Ride 10-14-10

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 08:26 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
NE IL - SE WI Ride 10-14-10

I have been PMing with Autoteach (Bill) and we're talking about meeting up to ride SE WI this Sunday, and I thought (sorry Bill about no asking U 1st) I'd invite other "local" VTR riders to join us.

Post up soon. We're talking about meeting up in Palmyra but this spot is open for discussion and meeting up with others before we get to Palmyra is obviously possible.

Again, this Sunday AM! Going to be one of the last good weekends here, hopefully.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:31 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
You dont have to ask. I hope we have a good showing!
Old 10-14-2010, 06:42 PM
SuperBike

bumpity bump
Old 10-14-2010, 06:59 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by autoteach
bumpity bump
I call you tomorrow to firm up.

What time is good for you to answer?
Old 10-14-2010, 07:21 PM
SuperBike

after 3pm
Old 10-14-2010, 10:40 PM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
If you guys head toward madison let me know ok. otherwise long ride just to get to you guys
Old 10-15-2010, 06:59 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Stumpy
If you guys head toward madison let me know ok. otherwise long ride just to get to you guys
We're tentatively meeting up in Palmyra Sunday morning, which is only about an hour from Madison (about 50 miles on 12/18/106) http://maps.google.com/maps?q=palmyr...ed=0CBMQ8gEwAA

From Skokie, Palmyra is about 90 miles or 2 hours, just a quick jaunt in my book. Some Sundays I tell my wife I'm just riding to pick up a newspaper and carton of orange juice but don't tell her I'm going to the Oconomowoc Quickie Mart. If a little more than half that is too much for you I understand. You just need to make your VTR more comfortable, put air in the tires and/or get it to run over 30 mph. Autoteach is 75 miles & 1.5 hours away and he did not bat an eye about meeting there.

Whereas the roads around Palmyra & Eagle are no where near as good as west & north of Madison, its 185 miles & about 4 hours for me to meet up in say Leland, which I've done many times in one day. However, the object is to meet up, do a fair amount of half-decent twisties, and also enjoy a nice lunch and a couple gas breaks together; not have to drone for 8 hours just to get together.

It reminds me of the story of the rich, Jewish Texan rancher's conversation with an Israeli Moshavnic (an Israeli private small farm owner) while the wealthy Texan (T) was visiting Israel. The Moshavnic (M) was showing the Texan around his farm, and the story goes as follows:

M: "I developed with my own two hands my entire farm, which extends from right here, all the way over to the trout ponds over there, down that long adjacent road to that hill with the wind mill electric generators up there, across from there to those blue colored kibbutz sandal factory buildings you see in the distance, and back to where we're standing!"

T: "Well for sure you have a mighty fine spread here. I have a "little" ranch in Texas though that when I get up early in the morning and climb up into my pickup truck and start driving, it takes me to near sundown to get to the other side of my spread!"

M: "I understand. I used to have a pickup truck like that but it got so slow and would have cost too much to fix, so I finally sold it."

Last edited by skokievtr; 10-15-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Superstock

skoshere is on a distinguished road
Wish I could make it, but I will be up north... also I have to put her back together after my little get off!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 03:15 PM
SuperBike

sorry to hear, steve. I just looked at the mileage to get to the party, small fee. I am sure that we will have a great time, and anyone who lets the mileage stop them from coming must be wet behind the ears. They must also think that the riding season is over because it dropped below 90 degrees. Guess that just leaves all the riding for men.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:57 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by autoteach
sorry to hear, steve. I just looked at the mileage to get to the party, small fee. I am sure that we will have a great time, and anyone who lets the mileage stop them from coming must be wet behind the ears. They must also think that the riding season is over because it dropped below 90 degrees. Guess that just leaves all the riding for men.
I just plug in & go unless there's ice & ice n'snow...

C ya @ 1000 or so
Old 10-18-2010, 01:45 PM
SuperBike

Well, only Autoteach (Bill, again, sorry I was late) and I made the ride. Gorgeous day and mostly empty twisties.

Bill has a sweet looking & sounding 2-into-2 undertail set of cans.

Maybe we'll get another ride in yest this season up by Bill.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:40 AM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
sorry gf gave me a hunny do list and forgot it was the start of bird season my dog would never forgive me if we did not make it out for that both days. But Im good to go if you make it out again just need a little notice to free up the time.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Superstock

skoshere is on a distinguished road
i would be down for another ride, give me motivation to put things back together.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:51 PM
SuperBike

Get on top of it, steve. We haven't even been out riding yet! I am in the midst of some fuel saving mods. Will let people know soon....
Old 10-19-2010, 07:00 PM
SuperBike

I'll post up again for the next go around. Next weekend looks wet though but another nice weekend should happen before the season is basically over. However, I'll ride if its dry and 45 degrees & rising.