Group Rides Get together with fellow riders...

9/1 Ride NH,VT,NY

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 04:17 AM
Superstock

FTMS is on a distinguished road
9/1 Ride NH,VT,NY

Anyone looking to do a ride on Monday. I am thinking I will head south to Ascutney,VT then over to 100 to 17 to the Champlain Valley. Cross into NY at Crown Piont, head North through NY and take the ferry back to Burlington, VT and then back to NH.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:04 AM
i support twins
Superstock

BlackHawk996 is on a distinguished road
man i wish i could, the superhawk is done for the season. exhaust needs to be re done again since the FBF carbon fiber can snapped in half, and my front tire is flat. I am probably going to end up sellingthe bike to my dad. Start looking for sv650, supermotards or bikes to make super motards, maybe an rc51 or so but they might be out of the price range
Old 08-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Back Marker

bundleofgrundle is on a distinguished road
soooo, i just got my hawk this month and have been looking for other riders in my area (mass/NH). i'm planning on riding all weekend, i would definately be game for burning up rt. 100.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Superstock

I am going to pick up 100 in Rochestor and get off in Waitsfield to take 17 to Crown Piont. The furthest south I think I am going is Woodstock, VT. The road I wanted in Ascutney,VT got washed out and is rough shape. Still working on an exact route. I am game for meeting at any piont along the way. I am figuring I am looking at 350 to 400 miles round trip. Maybe more if traffic is light.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Back Marker

it would be a wicked haul to get there for me...on the other hand, i may be crashing with a friend in windsor VT right by ascutney. i'll keep you guys posted if that ends up happening. i've been wanting to ride 100 forever so i'll see what i can do
Old 08-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Back Marker

smack doogle is on a distinguished road
I can't make this one. I've scheduled time with the kiddies this weekend since they go back to school next week.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by smack doogle
I can't make this one. I've scheduled time with the kiddies this weekend since they go back to school next week.
Can you say SIDE CAR???????
Old 08-27-2008, 06:13 PM
swinging member
Back Marker

lrrs195 is on a distinguished road
FTMS sounds like a good ride. I could meet you in Ascutney around 9:00? I don`t know any landmarks in that area,do you? Going to NY would be pushing the comfort envelope for me. I think I`ll turn around at the border and head back east on 125. How did your trackday go?
Old 08-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Back Marker

NovaWildcat08
Count me in! I'll meet you on rt. 100. Once you decide on a departure time I'll figure out where and when to meet you.

PS, just an FYI, 17 is better run heading east. I know it doesn't match up with your route, but just something to consider.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:20 AM
Superstock

IRRS, my trackday isn't until the end of September 9/29. 9:00am sounds good to me. I will work on a location. That part of my route I am still working on. I want to go from there into Bethel so that we can go over the gap into Rochester again.

NOVA, I am thinking we would be in Rochester around 10:30 or Waitsfield 11:00. I think we will have to run 17 both ways since we will be there after all. I heard that the road crew was out on it to clean all of the sand off the west side, especialy on the first 180 right hander at the begining. Have you been over it in the past week?
Old 08-28-2008, 06:23 AM
Back Marker

smack doogle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FTMS
Can you say SIDE CAR???????
That is an excellent idea, I could then sell the car and ride year round to . Of course the mpg would surely take a dip. I honestly don't know what I would do if I saw a SH with a sidecar
Old 08-30-2008, 12:27 PM
swinging member
Back Marker

Any ideas on where you want to meet Mon. morning? I just met a guy in my neighborhood who rides a V-STROM,he would like to join us Mon. if you guys don`t mind.Bundleofgrundle where are you located? I`m in Pepperell just south of Nashua. If you`re in this area we could hook up and ride together to meet FTMS.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Superstock

Irrs

I am thinking we can meet at the junction of 44 and 44A just outside of Ascutney. I have no idea what is around there. If there is a gas station or store right there just park in a visable place. I will PM my cell #. Still looking at 9:00?
Old 08-30-2008, 02:06 PM
swinging member
Back Marker

9:00 seems good. V-STROM guy and myself will leave Pepperell between 6:00-6:30. It`s 2hrs to Bellows Falls from here Ascutney looks to be 1/2-3/4hr further north so we should be good.# back attcha
Old 08-31-2008, 11:00 PM
Back Marker

hey all,
unfortunately i'm not going to be able to ride with you guys tomorrow : / my folks place is in hooksett and i'm living down in maynard Mass right now. i'm up at a friends place in windsor VT right now but my dad just bought his first bike (not a SH unfortunately) and really wants to ride tomorrow so i'll be heading out early to meet up with him down around southern NH.

i'm planning on keeping the bike on the road basically until it starts snowing...can we try to make plans for another group ride sometime one of these coming weekends? my one riding buddy just moved out to CO so it would be nice to hook up with some people that dont mind burning up some miles.

..anyone up for something next weekend if the weather cooperates?
Old 09-02-2008, 01:38 PM
swinging member
Back Marker

FTMS, did you make it home OK? We got home at 6:30,only 407 miles. My wrist and neck feel like I did 1407 miles but I can`t wait till next time!

Mike
Old 09-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Superstock

I made it a little after 8:00 and about 465 miles. Played on a couple of back roads in NY and Northern VT. I was never so glad to take the ferry back across Champlain. That was a nice break. See ya next time!

Chris