SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Your bike color (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/your-bike-color-8732/)

marmaladedad 05-24-2006 09:01 PM

You can join the Yellow owners club. I'll trade ya plastics. ;)

A Team 05-24-2006 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Corona Hawk
My Hawk is titanium. Working on getting all the upgrades that I need (want), starting with the exhaust system.

They forgot about us! The last of the Hawks to enter U.S. soil

4wheelcycle 05-30-2006 03:53 PM

Ti is discriminated against - we have no color to vote for in the poll. This is probably because the people who bought earlier bikes feel bad (or badly?) that they weren't able to get a Ti bike.

PS: My name is 4wheelcycle because my other "bike" is a 2003 S2000. Exactly twice the cc's and more than six times the weight - guess which one is faster!

Randman 05-30-2006 05:15 PM

Let me just end this once and for all...I ask the question...

If you go too fast do you become a black Superhawk?

Take these facts, and lets break it down.....

1. As an object approaches the speed of light, its kinetic energy increases without limit.
2. Energy is related to mass by the formula E = mc2.
3. As an object approaches the speed of light, its length contracts towards zero.
4. If enough mass is squeezed into a sufficiently small space it will form a black Superhawk.

Put these facts together and it looks like we should be able to conclude that an object which moves at a speed sufficiently close to the speed of light should collapse to form a black superhawk. We could even argue that if you move fast enough relative to a star then that star must appear as a black superhawk to you because of its increased energy as observed by you. This would be paradoxical since we would expect things to appear very differently to an observer who is stationary (like the other colors of hawk out there) relative to the star. So what has gone wrong?

In fact objects do not have any increased tendency to form black superhawks due to their extra energy of motion. In a frame of reference stationary with respect to the object, it has only rest mass energy and will not form a black superhawk unless its rest mass is sufficient. If it is not a black superhawk in one reference frame, then it cannot be a black superhawk in any other reference frame. Sorry, if your hawk aint black, it never will be....

In part the misunderstanding arises because of the use of the concept of relativistic mass in the equation E = mc2. Relativistic mass, which increases with the velocity and kinetic energy of an object, cannot be blindly substituted into formulae such as the one that gives the radius for a black superhawk in terms of its mass. One way to avoid this is to not speak about relativistic mass and think only in terms of invariant rest mass.

The statement that "If enough mass is squeezed into a sufficiently small space it will form a black superhawk" is rather vague.

Crudely speaking we would say that if an amount of mass, M is contained within a sphere of radius 2GM/c2 (the Schwarzschild radius) then it must be a black superhawk. But this is based on a particular static solution to the Einstein field equations of general relativity, and ignores momentum and angular momentum as well as the dynamics of space-time itself. In general relativity, gravity does not simply couple to mass as it does in the Newtonian theory of gravity. It also couples to momentum and momentum flow; the gravitational field is even coupled to itself. It is actually quite difficult to define the correct conditions for a black superhawk to form. Hawking (and that was not made up) and Penrose proved a number of useful singularities theorems about the formation of black superhawks, and from astrophysics we know that the theorems should apply to sufficiently massive stars when they reach the end of their life and collapse into a small volume.

So the moral of the story is, Black superhawks are the fastest, and no matter what you do, you can't become one....You have to be born one!!

End of Discussion......:) :) :)

superhawk22 05-30-2006 05:24 PM

You have too much time on your hands!! Oh I've got another way to end this.....WANNA RACE!!! :lol:

Randman 05-30-2006 05:40 PM

Sure, ready......Go.......ha ha ha.....

Scott V 05-30-2006 08:35 PM

Penrose proved a number of useful singularities theorems about the formation of black superhawks, and from astrophysics we know that the theorems should apply to sufficiently massive stars when they reach the end of their life and collapse into a small volume.

We could only hope??? HA!!!

yuhoe 05-30-2006 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by mikstr
the proud
the few
the darkest blue :)

little known fact: blue is actually an acronym of sorts for "blew by you" so I think gentlemen that settles it once and for all, dark blue is the QUICKEST and FASTEST colour

Mikstr

I will have to agree.....

grampi 05-31-2006 05:06 AM

Check this out:

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/2/5/82840225.htm

Click on the lower left picture, the one that shows a view from the rider's position. Is the carbon fiber looking stripe and the bird on the tank factory? I've never seen one before with these details. I love the little chickenhawk looking dude! He looks like the guy from Foghorn Leghorn!

vitter 05-31-2006 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by superhawk22
You have too much time on your hands!! Oh I've got another way to end this.....WANNA RACE!!! :lol:

sure, I will race you to the street next to mine.:D

vitter 05-31-2006 07:31 PM

technically, all colours are paint, and an absence of colour is black. therefore the black ones are without paint, therefore, they are lighter than all other FIRESTORMs, and therefore faster.

But I like the black hole/black FIRESTORM theory too.

grampi 06-01-2006 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by vitter
technically, all colours are paint, and an absence of colour is black. therefore the black ones are without paint, therefore, they are lighter than all other FIRESTORMs, and therefore faster.

But I like the black hole/black FIRESTORM theory too.

I think you've got it bass ackwards. All colors mixed together in equal parts makes black. The absense of color is white.

Randman 06-01-2006 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by grampi
I think you've got it bass ackwards. All colors mixed together in equal parts makes black. The absense of color is white.

So Grampi, you didn't mention, what color is yours??

Duck007 06-01-2006 08:15 AM

Titanium here ('05 last of the Mohawkens!).....goes GREAT with the carbon fiber!

superhawk22 06-01-2006 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by cliffhangerstx

You're just mad because he's right all those colors weighing you down. :lol: :lol:

ryan 06-01-2006 05:50 PM

red is the only color that makes the bike look fast, even when the kick stand is down parked in your garage

Randman 06-01-2006 06:07 PM

You're just mad because he's right all those colors weighing you down. :lol: :lol:

Look you,,,,stay out of it...Or I will have to swoop down on my stealth Black
hawk, and spray paint yours Black, then you will be as fast as me....(:))

superhawk22 06-01-2006 07:16 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Actually black will be the base color of my custom job...but I'm not telling what it will be.

marmaladedad 06-01-2006 08:50 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Actually black will be the base color of my custom job...but I'm not telling what it will be.

HOT PINK.

superhawk22 06-01-2006 08:58 PM

Only if it were up to my daughter.

marmaladedad 06-01-2006 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by marmaladeboy
HOT PINK.

Only if it were up to my daughter.

+ Streamers?? :D

superhawk22 06-01-2006 10:17 PM

Nope...if it was up to her it'd be a pink Power Ranger princess motorcycle. :wink:

Randman 06-01-2006 10:19 PM

Nope...if it was up to her it'd be a pink Power Ranger princess motorcycle. :wink:

AAAAAAAAwwwww....How gay you would look....now I am sure she would look just peachy on it......

superhawk22 06-01-2006 10:24 PM

Of course the boy wants a yellow Power Ranger motorcycle...that I could deal with but pink is a bit much.

Randman 06-01-2006 10:28 PM

Hey I like yellow....my helmet is mostly yellow....good bright color so the cages will see you better....that is another reason I want to do the tribal thing in yellow on the black hawk.....

superhawk22 06-01-2006 10:37 PM

Yeah black has always scared me for that reason, I use to have a yellow helmet as well. I was using the spring color as a basis to add some splashes of yellow. I was even going to make the wheels yellow, but now that the spring is red, it just doesn't have the same vibe going.

Randman 06-01-2006 10:40 PM

Yeah black has always scared me for that reason, I use to have a yellow helmet as well. I was using the spring color as a basis to add some splashes of yellow. I was even going to make the wheels yellow, but now that the spring is red, it just doesn't have the same vibe going.

Hmm, imagine that....

Of course I do very little riding at night, I don't like that fact that I over run the head light in like a half a second.....that scares me.....

grampi 06-02-2006 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by cliffhangerstx

I guess you haven't seen any of my other posts. I'm still looking for someone to let me test ride their SH to see if I actually want to buy one. Of the colors I've seen, I prefer the red ones.

superchicken996 06-02-2006 06:09 AM

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I didn't buy mine according to the color I liked... I bought mine according to what was available. We all know that this sin't a bike that comes in 3 color choices every year. We have to take what we can get. Fortunately the bike doesn't come in a bad color.

That being said...my vote is for blue!

BirdofParadise 06-08-2006 03:23 AM

Cliff I have to agree w/ Superhawk22...too much time on your hands.
I could have rode round the island in the time it must have taken to write that thesis.

At the speed of light if everything is compressing into a tiny mass of black which is filled with every color (Grampi) then it would result in something akin to LEAD. Lead does not seem to be the best material for speed.

Yellow superhawks on the other hand are bright like the sun and already travel at the speed of light leaving a smouldering roadway behind. The only reason this is not popularly known is due to the blinding effect yellow causes. The next time our out and about and your eyes burn for an instant...you were just passed by a yellow Super Hawk!

As for "Thoeree-somes"
I'll stick to one on one encounters and save my energy for time on the Superhawk, Sushi, and beer.