SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Your bike color (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/your-bike-color-8732/)

marmaladedad 05-22-2006 10:16 PM

Your bike color

So what is it? If you have a custom color now, what was the color that the bike started with?

marmaladedad 05-22-2006 10:26 PM

Oh, and mine is Yellow. :)

superhawk22 05-22-2006 11:06 PM

Red now but plans for a custom look hopefully soon. :wink: I've said it before and I'll say it again.........................Red is the fastest.:lol:

marmaladedad 05-22-2006 11:27 PM

Yellow absorbs the least amount of heat. Since your bike absorbs more heat, that energy is trapped within your plastics. As such, any non-yellow bike carries more energy, hence weight, than our FASTER yellow brethren.

:P

superhawk22 05-23-2006 04:48 AM

Ahh your theory is based in sound logic but you are forgetting one thing. Said energy is absorbed as you say but it is not stored, rather it is the extra needed energy that makes the red the fastest color.:twisted:

marmaladedad 05-23-2006 08:05 AM

LoL

Pdaddy 05-23-2006 08:22 AM

Mines red... cause this bike is the closest thing I could afford to a Ducati that wasnt high maintenance ! LOL

Loco 05-23-2006 08:29 AM

The blue ones seem to get passed the most, at least that's what I was noticing at the track...

superhawk22 05-23-2006 08:31 AM

Ohh that was just wrong! :lol: You gonna take that abuse Bill?

EngineNoO9 05-23-2006 08:32 AM

we all know red is the fastest

chrisf608 05-23-2006 08:45 AM

Yeah RED is the fastest color For sure its somethin with the chemical balance of the paint wich actually makes it up yo .001 lighter than the other colors.;) na im kidding. red is still faster:0

icebud 05-23-2006 06:47 PM

This is anything!

There's way too much red VTR owner here to make an objective research about the fastest color, this forum is biased!! :???:

Thus, let say, if red is the fastest then yellow are the most beautifull and black the most... dark! :lol:

But the real question is: In which category are the "blue azur" ones!!? :roll:

LOL

Hawkrider 05-23-2006 09:32 PM

You guys don't have a clue, do you? The '98s only came in RED. Those owners have had the most time and money to do upgrades to make them faster, therefor the RED ones are the fastest....on average.

And those '98 RED Superhawk owners have had more time to learn and get used to the bike, which also makes those riders faster, and we all know that it's really all about the rider that makes the bike fast.

So let there be no confusion, no doubt, and no more debate, that by both accounts the RED ones are faster.

End of discussion!

Scott V 05-23-2006 10:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
ti.
Is the fastest color!!!

Case closed.

A Team 05-23-2006 11:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I agree with scott!

marmaladedad 05-23-2006 11:29 PM

Ti is the most recent color?? Oops.

mikstr 05-24-2006 06:45 AM

the proud
the few
the darkest blue :)

little known fact: blue is actually an acronym of sorts for "blew by you" so I think gentlemen that settles it once and for all, dark blue is the QUICKEST and FASTEST colour

Mikstr

Texassuperhawk 05-24-2006 09:01 AM

You fellas just don't realize how fast the black ones are because we are so stealth like That ya'll don't see us pass you.

mikstr 05-24-2006 11:05 AM

I must confess that (and I hope my VTR doesn't read this thread) I find the black ones to be the nicest.

Notice I said the nicest. Unfortunately, chose to go with the fastest instaed and so bought a dark blue one :)

I hope you understand, lol

MIkstr

superhawk22 05-24-2006 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider
You guys don't have a clue, do you? The '98s only came in RED. Those owners have had the most time and money to do upgrades to make them faster, therefor the RED ones are the fastest....on average.

And those '98 RED Superhawk owners have had more time to learn and get used to the bike, which also makes those riders faster, and we all know that it's really all about the rider that makes the bike fast.

So let there be no confusion, no doubt, and no more debate, that by both accounts the RED ones are faster.

End of discussion!

See guys you can't argue with sound reasoning and logic! Very well put Greg.:mrgreen:

pickle.of.doom 05-24-2006 11:57 AM

Blue's go the farthest... Thats why you never hear "head off into the wild yellow yonder!" :lol:

Shmittay 05-24-2006 01:04 PM

yeller

Yardstick 05-24-2006 01:51 PM

Most of the bodywork on mine is carbon fiber (CarboTech stuff) but painted silver. Does that make mine black? :D

mikstr 05-24-2006 04:46 PM

ok guys, who's holding onto rulebook this week. I forget what it say about painted bodywork?

guys?

marmaladedad 05-24-2006 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by mikstr
ok guys, who's holding onto rulebook this week. I forget what it say about painted bodywork?

guys?

Originally Posted by marmaladeboy
So what is it? If you have a custom color now, what was the color that the bike started with?

superhawk22 05-24-2006 06:51 PM

Or you can tell us what it woud be if you mixed the 2....like white and red make pink. :lol:

Corona Hawk 05-24-2006 07:22 PM

My Hawk is titanium. Working on getting all the upgrades that I need (want), starting with the exhaust system.

icebud 05-24-2006 08:05 PM

Can someone change the color of the pool graph, because the yellow bar is... red!!! :mad: Maybe it's because of this that the yellow bar won't goes further, red is a so slow color!!! :P

Watch out the answer... :lol:

marmaladedad 05-24-2006 08:52 PM

Can the mod/admin add on a choice for Ti? Thanks!

Yardstick 05-24-2006 08:59 PM

Hmm... Don't even know what color mine was originally. I bought it used.

marmaladedad 05-24-2006 09:01 PM

You can join the Yellow owners club. I'll trade ya plastics. ;)

A Team 05-24-2006 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Corona Hawk
My Hawk is titanium. Working on getting all the upgrades that I need (want), starting with the exhaust system.

They forgot about us! The last of the Hawks to enter U.S. soil

4wheelcycle 05-30-2006 03:53 PM

Ti is discriminated against - we have no color to vote for in the poll. This is probably because the people who bought earlier bikes feel bad (or badly?) that they weren't able to get a Ti bike.

PS: My name is 4wheelcycle because my other "bike" is a 2003 S2000. Exactly twice the cc's and more than six times the weight - guess which one is faster!

Randman 05-30-2006 05:15 PM

Let me just end this once and for all...I ask the question...

If you go too fast do you become a black Superhawk?

Take these facts, and lets break it down.....

1. As an object approaches the speed of light, its kinetic energy increases without limit.
2. Energy is related to mass by the formula E = mc2.
3. As an object approaches the speed of light, its length contracts towards zero.
4. If enough mass is squeezed into a sufficiently small space it will form a black Superhawk.

Put these facts together and it looks like we should be able to conclude that an object which moves at a speed sufficiently close to the speed of light should collapse to form a black superhawk. We could even argue that if you move fast enough relative to a star then that star must appear as a black superhawk to you because of its increased energy as observed by you. This would be paradoxical since we would expect things to appear very differently to an observer who is stationary (like the other colors of hawk out there) relative to the star. So what has gone wrong?

In fact objects do not have any increased tendency to form black superhawks due to their extra energy of motion. In a frame of reference stationary with respect to the object, it has only rest mass energy and will not form a black superhawk unless its rest mass is sufficient. If it is not a black superhawk in one reference frame, then it cannot be a black superhawk in any other reference frame. Sorry, if your hawk aint black, it never will be....

In part the misunderstanding arises because of the use of the concept of relativistic mass in the equation E = mc2. Relativistic mass, which increases with the velocity and kinetic energy of an object, cannot be blindly substituted into formulae such as the one that gives the radius for a black superhawk in terms of its mass. One way to avoid this is to not speak about relativistic mass and think only in terms of invariant rest mass.

The statement that "If enough mass is squeezed into a sufficiently small space it will form a black superhawk" is rather vague.

Crudely speaking we would say that if an amount of mass, M is contained within a sphere of radius 2GM/c2 (the Schwarzschild radius) then it must be a black superhawk. But this is based on a particular static solution to the Einstein field equations of general relativity, and ignores momentum and angular momentum as well as the dynamics of space-time itself. In general relativity, gravity does not simply couple to mass as it does in the Newtonian theory of gravity. It also couples to momentum and momentum flow; the gravitational field is even coupled to itself. It is actually quite difficult to define the correct conditions for a black superhawk to form. Hawking (and that was not made up) and Penrose proved a number of useful singularities theorems about the formation of black superhawks, and from astrophysics we know that the theorems should apply to sufficiently massive stars when they reach the end of their life and collapse into a small volume.

So the moral of the story is, Black superhawks are the fastest, and no matter what you do, you can't become one....You have to be born one!!

End of Discussion......:) :) :)

superhawk22 05-30-2006 05:24 PM

You have too much time on your hands!! Oh I've got another way to end this.....WANNA RACE!!! :lol:

Randman 05-30-2006 05:40 PM

Sure, ready......Go.......ha ha ha.....

Scott V 05-30-2006 08:35 PM

Penrose proved a number of useful singularities theorems about the formation of black superhawks, and from astrophysics we know that the theorems should apply to sufficiently massive stars when they reach the end of their life and collapse into a small volume.

We could only hope??? HA!!!

yuhoe 05-30-2006 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by mikstr
the proud
the few
the darkest blue :)

little known fact: blue is actually an acronym of sorts for "blew by you" so I think gentlemen that settles it once and for all, dark blue is the QUICKEST and FASTEST colour

Mikstr

I will have to agree.....

grampi 05-31-2006 05:06 AM

Check this out:

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/2/5/82840225.htm

Click on the lower left picture, the one that shows a view from the rider's position. Is the carbon fiber looking stripe and the bird on the tank factory? I've never seen one before with these details. I love the little chickenhawk looking dude! He looks like the guy from Foghorn Leghorn!

vitter 05-31-2006 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by superhawk22
You have too much time on your hands!! Oh I've got another way to end this.....WANNA RACE!!! :lol:

sure, I will race you to the street next to mine.:D