General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

yellow paint code

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 03:24 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
yellow paint code

Alright this topic has been beaten to death. I know that there's a website that sells color matched paint but their prices bring puke into my mouth and ill sooner spray the bike a generic black color than to give them their outrageous asking price for a thimble of paint. Also from searching I've found there are 2 different yellows available for these bikes. And from searching further I'm also finding that no one has an actual paint code. The only codes I've found I gave to my painter buddy and he said something about not being able to use them or something. So has anyone actually used a paint scanner on a yellow canadian firestorm? If so what's the actual paint code I'd bring to the shop to have them mix me up paint? I've decided to keep the bike yellow for this year. I can't decide on a color so I'm gonna spray the tail and undertail myself and leave it at that. But I'd like extra paint so I can practice my painting on some other things first. Lol.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Squid

4bangeranger is on a distinguished road
just paint your tail gloss black thats what i did and it looks cool(so i think).. lol cheep too.and you can leave your seat cover yellow.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Squid

4bangeranger is on a distinguished road
how do u like your tires??
Old 02-09-2010, 03:32 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
I had a body shop scan a stock fender to match up the yellow for my '99. In the US if I remember it's Y124P. But yours is probably different. Is the tag with the paint code still on your subframe? Anyway he sprayed both my side fairings and tail & gave me some touch up in a bottle for cheaper than the cost of the paint alone from colorite. I got some stock decals to finish it off from ronayers. It was a 98% match and was good enough for me, especially since I was selling it. Just bring a body shop a fender or a seat cowl and they'll scan it-you don't need a paint code. Do any bodywork and sanding yourself and I'm sure they can do it for pretty cheap.
Attached Thumbnails yellow paint code-superhawk2.jpg   yellow paint code-superhawk4.jpg  

Last edited by captainchaos; 02-09-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:20 PM
SuperBike

paint looks pretty good man, i think mine is listed as somethign along the lines of y167 or something like that. but when igave that code to my buddy it didnt ring any bells. maybe ill try another paint shop.

tires are sitting bagged in my basement, they havent gone on yet just bought them

do you have any pics of the bike with the black tail?

as for black tail yellow cowl that wont work, im using a gixxer tail this year so from the tank back its all new
Old 02-09-2010, 05:54 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Yeah like I said I didn't need a paint code. He just scanned my stock fender and mixed it up himself. Again if it was a concours pebble beach restoration it wouldn't have been perfect lol. But again I'm really **** and I was pretty happy, especially since the stock color has a flake in it and all. Plus there was a little orange peel in the clearcoat whereas the stock parts are perfect but I'm being really picky. Using either colorite or expecting perfect show quality results and it's really easier to just buy new panels from ronayers or someplace similar online and sell your old ones...
Old 02-09-2010, 07:29 PM
SuperBike

I'm not after a show paintjob I just want it close enough. Lol. Mind if I ask how much he paint cost you with the labour?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:30 PM
SuperBike

Also the pearl was he able to get it to match?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:48 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Yeah the pearl matched up pretty nice. Again I could see a tiny shade difference but you can't see the difference in the pics. The tank (mint used), solo cowl(new), and headlight fairing(new) were stock Honda parts I got for good prices on ebay, and I did the bodywork on the tail and both side fairings and he primed, mixed the paint and sprayed them for $200. The paint alone from colorrite was as much or more. So I'd imagine he'd have sprayed the whole bike for around $300-$350. He even fogged the insides (I asked him to) so it would look nice and finished.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:58 PM
VTS
OCMD honorary member
Superstock

VTS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
I had a body shop scan a stock fender to match up the yellow for my '99. In the US if I remember it's Y124P. But yours is probably different. Is the tag with the paint code still on your subframe? Anyway he sprayed both my side fairings and tail & gave me some touch up in a bottle for cheaper than the cost of the paint alone from colorite. I got some stock decals to finish it off from ronayers. It was a 98% match and was good enough for me, especially since I was selling it. Just bring a body shop a fender or a seat cowl and they'll scan it-you don't need a paint code. Do any bodywork and sanding yourself and I'm sure they can do it for pretty cheap.
So capt'n when are we going to see your current Hawk?
Old 02-09-2010, 08:19 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by VTS
I know I know... Just sold my SV650 and paid all my bills Please I looked at the date of some of my old posts. If you harass me more I'll probably get done sooner. Last time you PM'd me I did more work in a day than I have in months lol.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:34 PM
SuperBike

good to hear, ive got a buddy who will paint my bike in trade for a riding lawn mower i was given that didnt run up until friday, i just cant decide what i wanna do or how im gonna do it so for the time being i think itll just stay yellow. thanks for the info
Old 02-09-2010, 08:56 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by VTS
Here's shitty quick one VTS, just so you know she's real
Attached Thumbnails yellow paint code-mybike.jpg  
Old 02-09-2010, 09:06 PM
SuperBike

looks good man, rc 51 swing arm right? and what fender is that on there? looks to be a bit more squared off, i like it
Old 02-09-2010, 09:21 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Thanks. Started this years ago...Rc51 front end also. Carbon front fender, I can't remember the brand. Hope to get it completed soon and back on the road and post up some nice pics and the laundry list of **** I've put on it.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:09 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
Thanks. Started this years ago...Rc51 front end also. Carbon front fender, I can't remember the brand. Hope to get it completed soon and back on the road and post up some nice pics and the laundry list of **** I've put on it.
You know, I think you are one of the few that can beat my list of mods...

That is unless you wait to much longer and I get another brain fart...
Old 02-10-2010, 04:17 AM
SuperBike

Lol that's only because I've restrained myself from spending money on a bike I bought in august. Now if ewe were to compare the mini phonebook sized build sheet of the car I had a couple years back I think I'd win. you know the messed upo thing is I bought the bike to ride it. Then started to get some ideas. Some stuff neede replacing and then the list below happened literally over night.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:51 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Haha tell me about it. When I bought this bike I PROMISED myself-pair of slip ons and then RIDE. The only original parts on my bike right now are the frame and the engine...
Old 02-10-2010, 08:32 AM
SuperBike

That's wicked. I have the same problem. Lol. I started and just couldn't stop. Although I think I'm done with it now. For what I paid and what I invested into it I could have easily bought something much newer.