General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Squid

speedy95 is on a distinguished road
What to do?

first off great forum.I have a 1998 Superhawkwith ohlins rear ,Sargeant seat, carbon rear hugger, heli bars and lsl frame sliders.thinking about selling the aftermarket partsand putting the factory parts back on. Just wondering what is good asking price for what I have listed.I would rather try to sell it on here then put it on eBay.any input would appreciate it thanks
Old 06-20-2014, 07:58 AM
Amateur Hour, Every Hour
Squid

TboneNast is on a distinguished road
Methinks Wolverine is going to come in here and bring the hammer down.....

Old 06-20-2014, 08:01 AM
Squid

This is not allowed?
Old 06-20-2014, 08:06 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
First off, I wouldn't sell the Ohlins. Stock shock is worthless. Unless you're putting it all back to stock to sell the bike to some unsuspecting buyer, that thing is worth more to your riding enjoyment than it is to sell it. But that being said, it'd be in the 600-800 range depending on condition.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Squid

thanks for the quick reply. The reason I'm selling all the parts is I don't get to ride it much anymore.but at the same time I don't want to sell the bike.the ohlins is in good condition.does not leak looks great and function as it should.its still on the bike.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:01 AM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
The Sargent sold NEW for about $400-$430 plus shipping depending on options. Until recently, anyway. It's not available any longer.

And, if it has red piping, condition doesn't matter as anyone who would buy a red bike obviously isn't very discerning.

Last edited by VTR1000F; 06-20-2014 at 09:02 AM. Reason: NEW
Old 06-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Squid

really speedy?

Last edited by Wolverine; 06-20-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:02 PM
Squid

i dont know how to load pics but i can text any pics you want to see.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:12 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Wouldn't it be easier to search through the classifieds for what you'd like to sell and you can compare condition and see what the asking price was? You can also search "sold" items on ebay and see if and what stuff actually sold for recently. You may not find it on ebay but I'm pretty sure most if not all of what you'd like to sell can be found previously in the classifieds here so you can judge prices.

Last edited by captainchaos; 06-20-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:36 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by speedy95
you want to see.
I'd like to see you play by the rules set forth by the Admin of this board, and I can try my best to see that you do.

You want to sell something, post it for sale with a price in the classifieds, end of discussion.

I'm exercising my patients here...but it's getting thin. There is a difference between asking a value and trying to sell and you went wayyyy over it.

Last edited by Wolverine; 06-20-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:05 PM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTR1000F
The Sargent sold NEW for about $400-$430 plus shipping depending on options. Until recently, anyway. It's not available any longer.

And, if it has red piping, condition doesn't matter as anyone who would buy a red bike obviously isn't very discerning.
I like it rofl
Old 06-21-2014, 04:17 AM
Squid

sorry guys but i guess i am not going at this the right way so with that being said speedy out.thanks all for the input .wolverine you live right down the road from me.i am from chambersburg.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:08 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Right you are. There is another member that I know of in Chambersburg too. I've not met him, but I did see his Hawk @ Carlisle bike fest one year. His name is Rick and it's a yellow VTR. I've met up w/ other members in the Caledonia area.
Last meet up was @ the intersection of 30 & 233.
Name:  P020912_1121.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  292.1 KB

If you're up for a ride, give me a shout.

I'm sure our members would like to see your parts for sale here. Rules are you must post a price and that's all I'm asking you to do. This isn't ebay and you can't try to get the best offer. Commit to a price & post 'em up. This is the place to do it. Just please

1. Post a price. Say if shipping is extra or included in price.

2: Post your location, and any buyer locations your not willing to ship to.

3: Post at least one clear picture of the part, assembly, or bike being offered for sale. More is better to a point... if you have a great many high quality shots, consider posting just one or two directly, and linking to the others. That keeps page load times down.

4. All sales will be through PMs. No email addys or Paypal addys are to be posted. The seller is responsible to sell the item to the first responder if the deal works out. If not then it will go to the next person who sends a PM, and so on.

5. eBay links may be posted, however the seller must post a price here and be willing to end the eBay auction early for Superhawkforum.com members.

6. Failure to follow the above rules may result in the post being removed and/or loss of privileges to use the Classified forum.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Superstock

RobertLever is on a distinguished road
That's a great picture Wolverine. I've never even seen another rider on a 'Hawk up here, yet.