General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

What did you guys get for your bikes for Christmas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 05:37 PM
SuperSport

CNI Dawg is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine was the Gilles rearsets but have to wait for them to come from "der Fatherland" in about a month.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:12 PM
Squid

VTR69
Re: What did you guys get for your bikes for Christmas?

A Fiamm horn from Aerostich.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:09 PM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point

joe rocket velocity boots. bought myself some joe rocket gloves on sat (can't remember the name) and I got a complete crafstman tool set with every metric, english socket and wrench I'll ever need as well as allen wrenches and screw drivers. the big set was like a 150 piece set and I got like a 10 screwdriver set to add on....
Old 12-25-2005, 09:04 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point

A kick *** long ramp that folds in three to become the tailgate so you extend the bed of your truck. I also got a killer deal on some Honda Racing 2pc leathers with full armor, $100 bucks buy it now on Ebay! He claims he wore them twice and by the looks of them I don't doubt it. Lastly a killer Kobe back protector for $50 brand new!
Old 12-26-2005, 07:01 AM
Squid

brandonink2001

Down payment on a little 2004 SuperHawk that's the last of the litter at my local dealership.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:10 AM
Squid

Mithrandir
CNI, who did you order your Gilles rearsets through? Wild Hair Acc? Looking to get a set myself and it seems all the dealers are in the UK.

My bike purchases are limited to tools to continue building the streetfighter project Oh, and hopefully I'll win a couple of ebay auctions that finish in a couple of hours....
Old 12-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Back Marker

Utah996
I gave mine a touch on the seat and a look up the skirt...I mean cover...since its put away for the winter.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:47 AM
MotoGP

Glad I don't have to do that, this IS my riding season!
Old 12-26-2005, 12:41 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Well, it was supposed to be an ohlins rear shock but the post office delivered the notice to my rural mail box 90 minutes AFTER the PO closed on Christmas Eve!!!! And it doesn't help things that the weather has been absolutely perfect (pure sun, light winds, mid-70's).

So I gave her a "stocking stuffer" in the form of a cbr600rr rear fender/plate light instead.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:56 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point

still waiting to see what the wife got me. x-mas is coming a few days late this year, but I hope to get some joe rocket boots, and possibly an intergrated tail light. with the new high mount pipes, you can't see the signals anymore.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:00 PM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point

FSB under tail

Hugger and Fox shock from these forums :P
Old 12-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Back Marker

thegreep

Corbin Gunfighter and Lady (seat and backrest) off ebay. Wanted the backrest to mount a pack to for the long rides I plan to take next year.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:48 AM
Back Marker

bkelsey
Redline rear stand and gift certificate from Aerostitch.

Happy New Year indeed.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:01 AM
MotoGP

Well my ohlins shock arrived a couple of days after christmas (THANKS ALEX!) but it still counts. Besides the 600rr fender/light I mentioned above, I also adapted a 919 stock rear hugger. I want to keep that ohlins clean!

Locked in fog this morning but it will be in the 80's by the afternoon. Guess what I'll be doing?
Old 01-07-2006, 02:30 AM
Squid

gnapoleone is an unknown quantity at this point

superbling, how did the hugger fit. I want to do the same but was wondering if aftermarket would be better. I like my Sh to look mostly stock.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:31 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by Mithrandir";p=&quot
CNI, who did you order your Gilles rearsets through? Wild Hair Acc? Looking to get a set myself and it seems all the dealers are in the UK.

My bike purchases are limited to tools to continue building the streetfighter project Oh, and hopefully I'll win a couple of ebay auctions that finish in a couple of hours....
Yep... Ordered it from Wild Hair on 12/15/05.
I called them 1/5/06 to check on the status & they said it had shipped from Europe but would be at least 10 more days til it got to Wild Hair & then another 4-5 days to ship from WH to me.
The wait will be worth it (I hope)
The Gilles appear to be beautifully made (judging from the pictures)
Old 01-07-2006, 07:44 AM
MotoGP

Where it counts, around the tire and along the chain, it fits just fine since the 919 uses the same size wheel/tire. The mounting points DON'T line up as one might suspect.

On the left I had to make two simple brackets for the front /rear mounting points to the swingarm (approx 1.5-2 inches long each). The rear point is visible but the front is pretty much hidden by the footpeg assembly and runs inside the chain guard. I still have the original "templates" installed and haven't produced nicer items.

On the right side, I installed a longer bolt with a large flat washer in one of the holes for the brake line holders along the right swingarm. My bike came with a hugger (old and cracked) so I don't know if these holes were stock or drilled for it. The hugger has one remaining right side point unmounted but it holds just fine as is.

Yes, stock looks was one of the reasons I wanted it.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:00 AM
SuperSport

jschmidt
RC brakes
Old 01-08-2006, 03:59 AM
Back Marker

Gerrit is an unknown quantity at this point

SPIDI R2 Wind racing suit.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:14 AM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point

As an actual gift, I got a Haynes Manual to go with the Honda Shop manual I have, the Hayes seems pretty good, alot of photos which always helps.....
But since I was disappointed with the rest of my gifts this year, I decided to brighten up my holidays with Race Tech Springs and Gold Valves.... just waiting for a bit more warmth outside before I begin the install.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:26 AM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point

Santa was scarce for me and my SuperChicken, he only brought us a Headlight modulator. He however was very excited and impressed with the CRF450R ride and brought mucho bling for the dirt ride. Oh well i guess the SH will have to sit and wait for Good Friday or something later in the year for retaliation on the dirt bike.

Oh i did forget the SH got a set of 4 lap 208 race compound take off's, does that count......
Old 01-08-2006, 07:49 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by SlowHAWK";p=&quot
As an actual gift, I got a Haynes Manual to go with the Honda Shop manual I have, the Hayes seems pretty good, alot of photos which always helps.....
But since I was disappointed with the rest of my gifts this year, I decided to brighten up my holidays with Race Tech Springs and Gold Valves.... just waiting for a bit more warmth outside before I begin the install.
Congratulations !!!
That will be really nice.

Did you get the rebound gold valves too?

I got the rebound valves for Xmas (late present)

Started studying up on how to do the full Race Tech upgrade.
Have you ever done it before?
How did you support the front of the bike while the forks were off?
Any tricks to the R/T upgrades?
Old 01-08-2006, 01:34 PM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point

I just purchased the springs and dampening valves... didn't go all out with the rebound, although I thought about it.... but figured the 220 I was already spending was pushing my wifes tolerance for "bike crap" as she likes to put it.

I haven't gotten to install yet... think I"m gonna have to wait till Feb/March before I can tear the bike apart... today was like 43, and felt like summer, but still a bit cold to spend the time out there taking everything apart (especially with playoff football on tv).

For doing the work, I have the LP (front) stand that hooks up under the steering stem, so I'm assuming getting the forks off the bike should be fairly easy, no need for a lift or anything of that sorts.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:15 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point

How did you support the front of the bike while the forks were off?
Since i do not have a front stand, i use the rear race stand and a 12" 2 x 4 on a floor jack against the bottom of the oil pan. Once i have the front wheel off the ground i use some bricks to lower the 2 x 4 back down on the stacked bricks and pull the jack out until needed later.

I also use soft ties (used for my dirt bikes) to and bike tie downs to secure the bike side to side between two garage poles. This way the bike is elevated and stable side to side while i work on the forks.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Back Marker

icebud

Hehe, nice gifts guys!!

Seems that Santa have found us very wise this year!! Check the picture below to see what I've received; From: Myself To: Myself

I created this cap with the help of a little embroidery shop in my town and I must say that I very like it! And that have not costed me too much, 40$ CDN for the cap and the embroidery... a good deal IMO!

And like I have been very very wise last year, I also received a Powerbronze twin headlight kit

http://www.superbikestore.com/vtr10001.htm ( see the twin headlight kit in the middle of the page )

I'm very impatient to install it and especially to see how it will look on my bike!!

Cia
Old 01-09-2006, 07:57 AM
Back Marker

bluesman

Well, I went radical and got (off eBay) 19 liter petrol tank from 2004 VTR in mint state (European VTRs got 19 liter tanks since about 2002). :wink:

It fits just straight in place of old one.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:00 AM
MotoGP

Nice, you Euro's allways get the good stuff!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Back Marker

icebud

Originally Posted by bluesman";p=&quot
Well, I went radical and got (off eBay) 19 liter petrol tank from 2004 VTR in mint state (European VTRs got 19 liter tanks since about 2002). :wink:

It fits just straight in place of old one.
What a great Santa gift, I'm totaly jalous!

How many you paid for it?
You take one of the same color of your bike and it match perfectly also?

When I took my information's about this mod, I was warned about some possible airbox modification, but for you it seem to have been a direct fit!! Very nice! Maybe the airbox is not the same for the European model due to the anti-pollution laws you have there!?

After my front end swap, that will be my next gift for sure... at least as soon as my wallet will be filled again and that all credit card will be paid!!

Cia
Old 01-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Back Marker

bluesman

Well, I won it at 80 Euros + about 30 Euros for postage (from France to Belgium). It is hopelessly blue, my bike yellow...but....you see, I am Ukrainian, so our flag is blue and yellow so I miht keep it like that!

no no, joking - will have to paint it myself..

But I am not sure that direct fit on my bike is good example, see - I have like 3 kits for my bike now: I have 2 airboxes, one been bought off ebay with brand new airfilter for sake of filter - it was 15 euros while new filter is about 30 euros then I have practically intact VFR800 vtec tank for 22 liter mod as SuperBling did, and before buying 2003 tank I tried to fit in tank from my friend's 2004 Shawk with my spare filter box, and it did fit. I tried to compare 2 airfilter boxes and can't see difference...so I guess may be EU bikes were different from beginning....
But, even if airbox is different I wouldn't worry about it - worst case you need to raise tank a bit - and that's easy to do, and will not even look weird.
The only thing I guess I should do now is to sell VFR tank to justify at least a bit of that affair to myself otherwise I will feel guilty, thou my wife never ever said anything about all my bike expences...

Quick Reply: What did you guys get for your bikes for Christmas?