General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

update on recovery

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 09:22 PM
omp
Squid

omp
Post update on recovery

Sure everyone read my message on done riding. I'm still in the hospital, had my skin graft done to calf, but they found my ankle and all the hardware to be infected. I have since been transfered to USC where yesterday they removed all the hardware except for the rod running down the Tibia. At leat 2 more surgeries are scheduled but will now have external fixatures and a skin flap surgery to close the hole in my ankle. After 6 weeks of that I come back and have to get my ankle fused because the lack of bone. I developed osteo miosis or some **** like that where my bones where turning to jelly and weren't healing. USC is working on me now.. depressing part is still in hospital 2 months comming up now and long recovery time.

Wanted to thank all the folks that gave me support in here, chaos specially.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Ouch! That sucks. Sorry to hear you had to go to 'SC. I was sent to County after getting broadsided by a truck on the 110 two weeks ago.

Hope you've got a good stock of Vicodin...I know I do.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Back Marker

Nanotech is on a distinguished road
Get well as soon as you can! Just reading that makes me feel for you. I feel I should go buy some SIDI Vertigos now so my feet are safe....I better get the wife to read about what can happen....
Old 09-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
Damn, that's awful. Hope everything goes well (better). Hope you've got some cute attending nurses.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:57 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Hope all goes well for you...
Old 09-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Superstock

Radiaoktiv is on a distinguished road
wishing you a speedy recovery, well at least more speedy than it has been for you so far

im a new face here, but it is always terrible to hear about these sorts of things

my condolences and best wishes
Old 09-27-2006, 02:47 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
****, I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time healing up. That really sucks. I remember that was my biggest fear-infection-because my leg and foot were open pretty bad and for so long. I never got any grafts and they took 4 months to finally close up. I was fortunate that eventually my tib/fib healed properly. The only problem I had was that my skin wasn't healing together properly for awhile. It's not perfect but mostly I'm thankful that it works as well as it does. The saying sometimes annoys me but be thankful as it could have been worse. Just be patient and keep positive (I know it's hard) and give everything a chance to heal. Once you give it some healing time work hard with the physical therapy and a little after that is the time to start breaking your butt in the gym and make it strong-it will pay off later. Again I'm sorry to hear about that-I went through hell with mine yet your's unfortunately sounds worse still. Let us know some good news from time to time-with a little healing time I'm sure you'll have some. Take care.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:36 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the update!

I'm sure all of us feel it with you and for you knowing that some stupid-as-**** cage rider could do it to one of us in less than a moment's notice. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Good Luck! And do continue to check in once in a while as you can.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:23 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Like all the other guys said, sorry for your injuries & wish you well in your difficult recovery.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:59 AM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Yeah, me too dude. Take it easy, and hope the recovery goes well.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:35 AM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
heal up quick
Old 09-28-2006, 07:04 AM
Squid

honda996
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Hang in there!
Old 09-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Superstock

sprhawk neil is an unknown quantity at this point
best wishes too you and your family,hope to hear some good news from you soon.If it's possible don't feel to bad when I went down I got facial cuts.acl,mcl damage and worst off all ******** damage!!= my nut swelled to the size of a base-ball and turned black for four weeks.But I bought the superhawk 8 years later. Best of luck,Neil
Old 09-28-2006, 04:56 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn Omp, really sorry to hear you're still in there! If you have any questions that you feel aren't getting answered let me know, my wife is a trauma nurse and she might be able to help ya out.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Superstock

Scumbag is an unknown quantity at this point
prayers will be goin out for you man.......I feel for you....heal up...
Old 09-30-2006, 12:56 AM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Heal up well. Damn I got off easy with 4 broken ribs and a collarbone. I still think about it daily.

Can't wait to get a track bike!
Old 09-30-2006, 07:48 PM
omp
Squid

omp
thanks for everyones support. So far they installed an EX Fix on my tibia and ankle. 4 stainless pins two on the tibia on on the heel and one around the front of the foot. All 4 pins held together to make a rectangle. anesthesia and pain meds worn off, bloody hurts when they drill into your bones. Pain meds are limited to tylenol as morphine and other good stuff don't work on me anymore. the one pain med that does work makes me see barney and care bears dancing in my room. Mon morning is surgery #8 which is a skin flap. Take muscle, fat and tissue from my 3 pack of abs to fill hole in ankle. two days in ICU another week in USC, then home 6 weeks to recover before commin back for ankle fusion then another 4 weeks.

I really do hope my fellow riders here are all geared up, which is probably the only thing which saved my life and help from someone looking out for me. looking back at the wreck my leathers from head to toe protected me as they should have with all the kevlar padding on my back, shoulders and good places it worked as advertised. The boots worked keeping my feet together and gloves got rashed. Helmet was very comfy believe it or not when I went down. Credit to Scorpion on that. I've had HJC's and one Icon. Still prefer the Scorpy.
I hope nobody here has to experience what I"m going through, there have been times that I had wished my leg wasn't there but I'm fighting with the docs here working on me diligently.

Be safe to everyone, crotch rockets and oil burners.

Omie
Old 10-01-2006, 08:12 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Home just sounds good Omie! I know you've been through a lot - sounds like a lot to go but if you can get a break from the hospital scene a few weeks at a time I think it will be good for you and your spirits. You gotta remind yourself that your number wasn't called for a reason. Might not be clear why now but it's still there. I hope'll have some help when you get home. Let us know if we can help. Regards & Best Wishes for a Speedy Recovery!
Old 10-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Squid

ryan is on a distinguished road
get well soon, i hope you heal fast and right.