General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Tormented by a tough decision

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Superstock

archaicguy is on a distinguished road
Tormented by a tough decision

I am faced with a very difficult decision that I need to make in the next couple days....... I have a guy that wants to trade me a 93 Bronco with no rust 6" lift and 35" tires for my Hawk. Now I am really in near dire need to upgrade my 4 wheel vehicle situation even if I only use 4 wheels when it's storming otherwise my Hawk is my daily driver. I know that everyone will see this grown man cry if I have to drive off never to see my Hawk again.

What would you guys do?
Old 05-24-2012, 03:31 PM
GTS
Seasoned tech
SuperSport

GTS is on a distinguished road
Well what do you have for a 4 wheeler now? Can you trade that off? If it was an old Bronco that'd be something but a '93 isn't anything special. They are a dime a dozon and with that much lift they are especially rolly polly and not all that much fun. Keep the Hawk, sell your other 4wheeler and upgrade it. Besdies going from 32ish to 15ish mpg you'll save a ton more money on the Hawk to be able to buy something else.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Superstock

Bearshawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GTS
Well what do you have for a 4 wheeler now? Can you trade that off? If it was an old Bronco that'd be something but a '93 isn't anything special. They are a dime a dozon and with that much lift they are especially rolly polly and not all that much fun. Keep the Hawk, sell your other 4wheeler and upgrade it. Besdies going from 32ish to 15ish mpg you'll save a ton more money on the Hawk to be able to buy something else.

agree totally, if it was a 68 or 70 bronco that may be a different story, find a different beater and keep the hawk
Old 05-24-2012, 03:40 PM
the boss
SuperBike

saige is on a distinguished road
holy crap,being that im sure is a very nice truck,and all the goodies.but from my point of view.
what is the blue book for the truck and book for the bike.
i would imagine you would take about 30% off because of after market stuff and lift on it,seeing the blue book price is stock form.
as far as bike,i imagine the bike is worth 3000,give or take.
so by trading bike,are you winning,if not,you gonna take cash on top.
no bike equals,well no bike.big punch in gut for gas,maintenance,****,tires are gonna kill you.it might not seem like it now,but one year from now,if lucky,you will have to start maintenance program.
this will be your only vehicle,did i say gas is gonna rape you,yep,i did.by years end,you will have spent the money to buy one cash out to enjoy on the side.
just giving some things to think about.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:43 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
I would definitely keep the hawk. Hell, buy a beater Jeep for a while. It would take an insane amount of cash or a certain Ducati or Aprilia trade to get me to consider it.

KEEP YOUR HAWK!!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Superstock

I have an 04 Explorer for the girls so that is fine. I on the other hand... My 2 T/As are going nowhere absolutely, my 96 Camaro needs a tranny and I have an F150 that I totally hate that needs a little work and tires but I hate the thought of putting any money into it. My only thought is that if I traded I could sell the F150 and fix the Camaro.

The wife says to keep my Hawk...what a great Boss
Old 05-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
I've owned 4 Big Broncos
The 1978 was the only one worth a damn.I would not TAKE FOR FREE a 93 Bronco... Unless it was Stock height, in running condition, and to be used as a ranch or farm truck just to get down a muddy road.
Happy to go in to as much detail as you want..
Old 05-24-2012, 04:05 PM
Superstock

No need to go into too much detail. I had a 95 Bronco that I had reluctantly gotten rid of some years ago and now I wish I hadn't. I enjoyed the hell out of it and will again own another one, not necessarily at the expense of the Hawk, but I am partial to the 93 to 96 models and it has to be the 351.

Last edited by archaicguy; 05-24-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:07 PM
the boss
SuperBike

saige is on a distinguished road
so im guessing you are keeping the hawk,we,the people believe you should.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
sounds like you should sell the rest of the crap you have sitting around OTHER than the hawk and then get another bronco when thats done
Old 05-24-2012, 04:30 PM
MandownMertech
Superstock

mertechperformance is on a distinguished road
sounds like a horrible trade.

**** poor mpg and it's a ford?
Old 05-24-2012, 06:36 PM
aja
SuperSport

aja is on a distinguished road
Hello no. Former bronco owner also with a 6 inch lift and 37s, I rolled in twice in very mild off road conditions because of its stability. I had both a 351 Cleveland then a 351 Windsor in it, and I still wouldn't take it back.

Personally I would fix the f150, it would be cheaper than buying a 4x4 and you would still have the bike. Even if you don't like it, throw a little money into it then sell it and buy something else.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:30 AM
SportTouring
Superstock

Onomea is on a distinguished road
I would keep the bike, sell off the camaro and use the money to road ready the F-150.
You would be using it (F150) only when it was storming. Gas as you know will kill you
verses the bike(everyday communte). as you can figure out. How often does it storm there? You can then save up and eventually sell/trade the F150 when a good deal comes up for your prefered 93-96 Bronco. In a years time, as stated previously you
probably would have saved quite an amount from the gas savings. Besides, getting
to ride the bike daily would be a dream for me..
Old 05-26-2012, 05:40 AM
Superstock

Yep no trade. I'm keeping the Hawk.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:45 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Good choice. Those mods on the bronco are more a liability than an asset. (awful milage, mad maintinence/tire costs) If you are riding a bike for transport it should show you how simple transport can be.

Like trading a life preserver for an anchor..
Old 05-26-2012, 07:27 AM
99 superhawk
Superstock

wsharpman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by archaicguy
Yep no trade. I'm keeping the Hawk.
good choice..I am new to the hawk , but however I have had many mad 4x4's and the cost of maintaining them is oober expensive...been there done that..Oh by the way I sold my monster 88 yj jeep wrangler which had 39.5" tires /350 chevy/ true 4 wheel drive 3/4 ton chevy axles with lockers / 4 speed muncy tranny and twin sticked 205 bullet proof t case. 12000lb warn winch (many other custom mods) and bought the hawk. So trading a hawk for a pos ford NO WAY!!! SACRILAGE .....lol
Old 05-26-2012, 10:05 AM
SportTouring
Superstock

Onomea is on a distinguished road
Glad you got it worked out. You do have a lot of options with all those vehicles.
I love my S/H, and my 2000 F150 7700 4x4. Not lifted with Firestone Destinations M/Ts.
Ride Well....