General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

SuperHawk Sightings

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:58 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
SuperHawk Sightings

Not that I feel lonely or anything, but how often do you guys see other VTR1000's?
In the almost 3 years that I've owned my '05, I've seen no more than 10 other SuperHawks. I live in Orange County, So Cal and I ride about 7000 miles and drive about 20,000 miles a year. I enjoy not riding a cloned 4 cyl.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:16 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Saw one today. A red one in Saugus CA. Heading to the 14 FWY. Around 6:45 AM. Make that two, saw mine in the garage.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:09 AM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
In the almost 3 years that I've owned my '05, I've seen no more than 10 other SuperHawks.
...this is a good thing...
Old 06-04-2008, 05:03 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
Saw one Saturday in Southern Hillsborough county on Balm Boyette rd. while riding my road bicycle...he came by the peleton so fast I didn't recognize the bike at first cuz it had aftermkt paint kinda metal flake rust color, but the sound and undertail were a dead giveaway
Old 06-04-2008, 05:50 AM
JAMES
Superstock
Superstock

Pimpsterbim1 is on a distinguished road
in the last year i'v seen one.. and it was parked in the in-field at mid-ohio for the vintage races..
Old 06-04-2008, 07:31 AM
Back Marker

Lifttruck is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Pimpsterbim1
in the last year i'v seen one.. and it was parked in the in-field at mid-ohio for the vintage races..
Heck, last yr at the AMA VMD at Mid-Ohio there was a whole pack of them in the infield. Just past the vendors area just as you go back into the trees on the right near the Domino's stand! I had my VTR track bike there at vintage days as well. I did the STT Ducati Revs Mid-Ohio event the day after VMD. That was the first Vintage Days event that I have trailered bikes to. I have ridden everything from my old Sportster to my Hawk GT to one of my VFR's to the event. I've never ridden any of my VTR's to the track though, just on the track.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Superstock

rbrais is on a distinguished road
There are two in my town, one is Dusty B from this forum. He has one identical to mine and the other is yellow with lower faring and high mounts. Other than those two I've only seen a couple anywhere. Usually if I see one it's at a bike run. That's why I love it. You aren't just a clone.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:00 AM
SuperSport

haknslash is on a distinguished road
Ah, the beauty of being a rare bunch

I've only seen two hawks in my area. One was red like mine but appeared to have stock pipes with a bafflectomy. The other is a flat black / red wheeled nekkid street fighter 'thing'. Only way I knew it was a hawk was from the shape of the tank and the side rads.

Everything else is a dime a dozen. zzzzzzz
Old 06-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Back Marker

jserio is on a distinguished road
Surfer, I'm in the OC so you aren't that alone buddy.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:57 AM
New to the *****
Squid

luv2insanity is on a distinguished road
I'm from Panama City and I haven't seen any. I'm glad though, but it is tiring of riding w/ nothing but R6, R1, GSXR600-1000 and Busa's. My friends are cool and all, but new people to ride with is always fun.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:40 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Yeah, well my first bike in 1981 was a '78 Honda CX500 modified for canyon racing. I had guys asking me if it was a Moto Guzzi even though it said Honda right on the tank. My second bike was a new 1986 Honda Nighthawk CB700SC, red white and blue version with a stainless Supertrapp 4 into 1. Neither was a popular bike, but I loved them while I rode them. I put over 100,000 miles on the two of them. My SuperHawk is a keeper forever.