General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Superhawk mechanic in LA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Squid

DavidEW is on a distinguished road
Superhawk mechanic in LA?

Hey just got a Hawk and was wondering if anyone is willing to work on it (and teach me?) on the weekends when I need stuff done or can recommend someone. I've done basic wrenching but nothing major, never opened an engine. What I want first is to install manual CCTs.
I can't stand dealerships because I'm always getting ripped off and you know most of them don't care about the work because it's not their bikes. I'd rather pay someone who appreciates the bike and is willing to teach someone and do things the right way.
I'm on the west side in Marina del Rey but I'm willing to go anywhere in LA if it's worth it.
Thanks-
David
Old 05-22-2009, 12:46 AM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Hi David,
Welcome aboard. I've seen you're bike a couple times before. Once was last summer, it was parked out back at the Honda dealership on Lincoln. I think I saw it on the street by Sports Chalet a couple weeks ago. It was about a half block away, but how many white superhawks are there?
Old 05-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Squid

DavidEW is on a distinguished road
Yup, that's the one. You have one?
Old 05-22-2009, 12:12 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I have a 2000 in yellow. I do all the work on my bike so far, but I wouldn't call myself a mechanic. Most of what I've done I was able to do by reading what others here have done. I do have some tools like a carb sync and a hoist for the front end if you ever need. I'm just up the road in Santa Monica.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:20 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
CCTs are something you can do yourself if you read the various how tos here and take your time.. There are several crucial steps where you have to do what it says.. But I did it w a friend without issue.

We printed out 3 different walk throughs (one from here, one from the UK firestorm site and I forget which the 3rd was from) and referenced them all each step of the way. (they don't contradict, some just have extra steps, we just made sure we understood why the steps were there and followed the steps that we needed to)