General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

stunting superhawk

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 05:11 AM
-
Squid

jordanv3122 is on a distinguished road
stunting superhawk

who out there actually rides wheelies for over a mile at a time? i was doing seat standers and spreaders on my 900rr and i sold it and bought the superhawk and want to know if i will starve the engine for oil and blow it up ridin wheelies for a mile at a time? i ride them in 2nd on the hawk and get back to balance point and drift behind balance point and use the rear brake to keep from looping. anyone on here stunt these bikes hard or know someone who does?
Old 07-17-2008, 05:33 AM
SuperSport

haknslash is on a distinguished road
This guy stunts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYxIctEJ8Y8
Old 07-17-2008, 06:32 AM
SuperCock roster
Back Marker

codfish124 is an unknown quantity at this point
iv been stunting one fore a bout a month now i will say get a cage as the clutch cover is broken ez but wile i was in there i was looking for the oil pickup and its in the back of the motor so i dont worrie about starving the front much any more but it the flooding the rear im worried about i would recament a cage i got one comming from 905 ill try to take pic and to a wright up on the install but my grammer aint the best so well see
Old 07-17-2008, 06:57 AM
Back Marker

DrPepper is on a distinguished road
rode mine alot longer than a mile and it has been fine so far my rear sprocket is 12 teeth larger too
Old 07-17-2008, 07:54 AM
SuperCock roster
Back Marker

how the top speed with 12 teeth???
Old 07-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Back Marker

little squirt is on a distinguished road
Yea, i really want to see what that 905 cage looks like....almost ordered one yesterday
Old 07-17-2008, 10:32 AM
SuperCock roster
Back Marker

soon my friend
Old 07-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Superstock

rbrais is on a distinguished road
Not sure if I have done a mile, but I never had any problems from 1/2 mile or so wheelies.

I can say that I have only tried 3 stoppies. Every time I had a problem with the trannie getting stuck in gear. Very frustrating to be trying to take off from a sto light in 4th gear.

I had to rock it and tap the shifter etc for several minutes before I could get it to drop down into first. I asked a few mechanics why that might happen and they had no clue. I just stopped doing it.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Back Marker

DrPepper is on a distinguished road
top speed idk i dont go much over 80 on it but i know its not much higher than that haha
Old 07-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Back Marker

jserio is on a distinguished road
A MILE! Are you guys ILL? I'm scared shitless to have the front wheel come off the ground.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:55 PM
-
Squid

lol i tried a few endos and i was stuck in 3rd gear for like 30 seconds lol. i have been just doin sitdowns cus they are fun as hell but staggered is played out and not much fun at all. seat standers will take some getting used to on the v twin. i love this bike tho to go just tearin around town and out in the twisties. i want a 636 to stunt by next year! but for now my thumper does the job!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Back Marker

Otto Man is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jserio
A MILE! Are you guys ILL? I'm scared shitless to have the front wheel come off the ground.
It's all relative I guess. Scared the hell out of me to get the front end up when I first did it, then I was going for distance. Standing on the pass pegs would be **** as far as ease of balance, but the damn pipes get in the way of your footing.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Back Marker

J.J. is on a distinguished road
You can stunt anything with two wheels and a motor. (Of course, you'll look like an idiot if it happens to be a scooter..) Anyhow, heres the thing about the SH: It'll wheelie for days if you have the cojones, no worries about oil starvation (maybe over fill it a bit, but the pick up is in the back), and the clutch is stout, but stoppies SUCK. With the bike rotated forward, the front cylinder will flood out EVERY TIME, and stall the bike. (I'm talking about real stoppies - rolling ones - not the "look at me I got the back tire 2 inches in the air" ones) Then its hard to re-start (shut off switch to OFF and turn it over a few times helps) and it will run like **** for awhile afterwords. No solution. Burnouts are waaaaay easier on a 4 cylinder bike too, especially rolling ones... not that either of those things cant be done, just easier on other bikes...

My 2 cents

Tandem superhawk stunting:
Attached Thumbnails stunting superhawk-wheeliesteve1.jpg   stunting superhawk-wheeliesteve2.jpg   stunting superhawk-wheeliesteve3.jpg   stunting superhawk-wheeliesteve4.jpg  
Old 07-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Back Marker

J.J. is on a distinguished road
A couple more, including a stoppie...

Wheelie Steve is a STUD
Attached Thumbnails stunting superhawk-wheeliesteve5.jpg   stunting superhawk-wheeliesteve6.jpg   stunting superhawk-wheeliesteve7.jpg   stunting superhawk-wheeliesteve8.jpg   stunting superhawk-wheeliesteve9.jpg  

Old 07-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Back Marker

jserio is on a distinguished road
JJ, you guys had better be making a check because that is just sick. Very cool to watch but sick just the same.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:52 PM
-
Squid

thanks a lot jj! im not interested in stoppies but its really nice to know i dont have anything to worry about with wheelies! the hawk loves to be on the back wheel. i have stock gearing and just use 2nd for sitdowns. and once im back at balance point i dont need to use as much brake as i do for a 4 banger the engine break is really strong.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:10 AM
SuperSport

haknslash is on a distinguished road
Damn those pics are nuts.

Any vids?
Old 07-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Superstock

rbrais is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jordanv3122
thanks a lot jj! im not interested in stoppies but its really nice to know i dont have anything to worry about with wheelies! the hawk loves to be on the back wheel. i have stock gearing and just use 2nd for sitdowns. and once im back at balance point i dont need to use as much brake as i do for a 4 banger the engine break is really strong.
Just bevery careful if you decide to use the passenger pegs for stan-ups. They aren't that strong and you may end up sliding down the road.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:35 PM
-
Squid

im not interested in passenger pegs any more. too boring and simple like. i like sitdowns. they are fun to ride. im not wanting to make this bike a stuntbike just an everyday driver that does wheelies and hits corners.. i want a 636 next.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Squid

Unclutchable is on a distinguished road
bitchen, I had no idea 905 made a cage that would fit our bikes.