General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

STOLEN!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Speed Demon
Superstock

crackerjackman is on a distinguished road
STOLEN!!!!!!

My bike was stolen this morning around 430-530am It is red with a gold rim in the back and a silver rim up front, Black Erion racing pipes with Chrome tips, Gold and silver fairing bolts, smoked wind screen, gold calibers, red and black grips with gold bar end, clutch and front master cyclinders have gold tops, blue running light, polished swing arm and polished frame, and before anyone asks no i didnt have insurance. The bike was locked and who ever stole it left a damn red mountain bike... Plate # is 6A6-223... There is a National APB out for my bike... if ANYONE sees it please call 911 immediatly... I know there are alot of us hawk guys here in seattle area... It was stolen in west seattle... If you are on the hawk and see if try and keep up please and then call 911... Thank you please be on the lookout. This bike has been posted as stolen on the west seattle blog, facebook, and on craigslist... I have informed a lot of people and they are looking for it

If you are on facebook... PLease friend request me and I will change settings to allow ppl to view my page...
Old 05-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Speed Demon
Superstock

this thing is loud... we all know the sound of a hawk blowing by or cruising....
Old 05-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Speed Demon
Superstock

face book setting have been changed to public viewing also it is a 98'
Old 05-11-2012, 10:22 AM
SuperSport

Squid is on a distinguished road
Im in oak harbor but I will be riding around down there on the weekends. I hope only a few extra miles are the difference when you get it back. -Squid-
Old 05-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Squid

jdobeckj is on a distinguished road
DUDE, I just moved from Mill Creek to Arizona, I know "GUYS" around the Puget Sound who will put the work out.. anything we can do to help.. Fu*c those low life retarded lame *** bastards. If i head aANYTHING ill shoot you a PM asap.
Josh
Old 05-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Speed Demon
Superstock

found out this morning on the west seattle blog that a guy just a block away on 17th an holden had his motorcycle cover lifted up... he said they were probably looking for a easy target. My tank was on reserves so i am guessing they rode it till it died.. either that or they busted the filler cap an filled it up... Thank to all on this forum that are spreading the word out. the above pic is the current pic of my bike....

Philip
Old 05-11-2012, 11:42 AM
aja
SuperSport

aja is on a distinguished road
Sad to say this but its very unlikely that they rode it away, and you have little chances of seeing it again. It will most likely be parted out.

This is likely how it was done, be it with a truck, van, or trailer. Fast forward to 2:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D96QM-lzLM8
Old 05-11-2012, 11:51 AM
GTS
Seasoned tech
SuperSport

GTS is on a distinguished road
Man that really sucks! Makes me want to go pay them a little vigilante justice! What's your name? Can't friend you if I don't have a name. Or post a link to your FB page. I have something like 700+ friends mostly in the Seattle area I can try to get the word out to. At least it's very distinctive if someone sees it riding around. Keep an eye out for CL and Ebay listings. I just got mine a couple weeks ago and the first thing I did was put insurane on it. I couldn't believe it was only like $250 a year! It's WELL worth it for the $20 or so a month! I'm really sorry this happened to you but let this be a lesson to others INSURE the bike!! It's a whole lot cheaper than having to replace it!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Superstock

Bandit400man is on a distinguished road
Aja holy ****! Clever f@#k'n bastards...good thing I got comprehensive...damn...
OP...hope you get your bike back...
Old 05-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Speed Demon
Superstock

here is the kicker tho... i had my bedroom window wide open and i am a light sleeper so i would have heard somone trying to load it up or doors closing... also I would have heard the bike fire up due to the fact that that early in the morning it is quiet and it was cold this morning so it would have had to have the choke on... and even if they rolled it... I know I can hear it 4 blocks away cause its loud... anywhos GTS PM me and then i will give you my name... And I hope I get it back in one piece... I will also be watching craigslist and ebay for parts or a whole bike... you definately cant miss that hawk... even if they painted it or changed ****... I also know the mileage before it was taken an the cops have that info as well... off to have a jack &coke... day couldnt get any worse then it is.... even had expensive SW fishy die.. =(
Old 05-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
This may be an eye opener for some:

IAMA Request: A motorcycle thief. : motorcycles

most bikes are not actually stolen with vans or trailers...

either way, sorry to hear about it man I hope you get some money back or they find the bike and it's not a total scrap pile.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:31 PM
aja
SuperSport

Wait, you mean to tell me there's more to reddit than gone wild?
Old 05-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
That sucks.....
Old 05-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Speed Demon
Superstock

yep it does.... Iim driving myself crazy looking for it... My gut keeps telling me that the bike is close by yet I have no clue where to look... I have looked all around and burned a half tank in my ford just looking for the bike....
Old 05-11-2012, 07:07 PM
aja
SuperSport

Make some passes by known tweakers or thieves houses, also check the local salvage yards.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:32 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
That sucks, I have had a few stolen & its always heartbreaking. Dont know why I noticed your tag line. I guess life just gave you lemons.

Was it locked or covered in any way? I always ask this so other members can learn from the misfortune.

My last bike was IN my van with all my race gear and tools and camping stuff and the whole van was stolen (night before a race weekend).

Good luck getting it back, I actually know guys who did.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

rz_racer_69 is on a distinguished road
Yep, the thieves are out there. Always have been. They are creatures if opportunity. Give them a little more work to do, and they will steal something else. When you get your bike back, install an anchor or heavy post to chain your bike to at night. Use a gorilla type, uncuttable chain, and then cover it.

Very sorry to hear your baby was stolen. Hope you it back soon.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Back Marker

jeephawk is on a distinguished road
just curious. What kind of lock were you using?
Old 05-12-2012, 02:29 AM
SportTouring
Superstock

Onomea is on a distinguished road
Will be on the look-out for S/H bike/parts for sale in Hawaii. If anything strange comes up I will post. Good luck. Hopefully you will recover your bike.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Speed Demon
Superstock

was just running standard Ignition lock... i know it is easy to bust but I have been broke so I couldnt afford anything else but to run what I had to work with... Have been checking CL and Ebay... I figure its still being out for a joy ride... either that or it has been taken down to the street races this weekend in kent... there are so many places to jet out to from my location so It is hard to say where it is.... My gut keeps telling me that it is close though... And I keep getting that feeling.. It is just a matter of time before it shows up... I rolled Alki today and looked to see if it was "blending in" with the other bikes parked but no luck, also checked the bad parts of the area to try and locate it... Just frusterates me cause I can feel something inside of me saying hey... I am around here... I am close come get me.... I also had was ready to jump on her if I found the bike and jet to the local cop shop to let them know hey I found the bike if it came to it. There are a few other places I will be looking tho and everytime i drive near the area I am going to look I get the gut feeling... I will do All I can to get this bike back.... vigilanty or legally.....
Old 05-12-2012, 09:21 PM
MotoGP

Man dont drive yourself nuts thinking about it.

BTW, I have said it here before but a $2 padlock on the disc saved my bike even AFTER it was hotwired and started. Another $2 at the goodwill for an old fitted bedsheet and you have a cover no thief would look under.

So sacrafice ONE beer at a bar and you are 100 times safer.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Speed Demon
Superstock

I wouldnt say they wouldnt look under the bike cover due to the fact on friday morning someone was prowling bike cause a neighbor a block from me had his two bike covers lifted as well... Yet there is a kawi zx-9 up the street that is always out in the open... no cover no locks nothing... And it is worth more then the hawk.. Hopefully it will turn up... If it doesnt then I just have to come to the realization that my bike is gone forever and some ******* is having fun with it or made it a track bike or parte it out... =(

I really do appreciate all of the support from every one on here... Everyone has given me great info over the years and I just want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for your help and guidence you have given me...

Philip
Old 05-13-2012, 09:29 AM
MotoGP

I will trade lifted cover for stolen bike 9 times out of 9
Old 05-13-2012, 09:42 AM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
You might consider going to the next WMRRA race on 5/26 at Ridge Motor Sports Park and see if any there are any Hawks racing and or selling parts. Also, watch for large gatherings of "club" riders, check for ride postings. I would bet more than one person is involved and they would be pretty "ballsy" if in a crowd. By the way, seems your uncle and my son are friends. They are watching the Bellingham area. Don't give up hope!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Squid

nu2sh2002 is on a distinguished road
there was a bike shop down the road from me that was a front for a chop shop. these guys would go around knocking ppl off there sport bikes and stealing them. just a idea... mines broken right now. i couldnt imagine if it was stolen.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:16 AM
the boss
SuperBike

saige is on a distinguished road
did the police ever try to take prints off the bike,any foot prints,tire trail on the ground,grass dirt.
is there any business with cameras around that may see it rolling down the street.red light cameras.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:28 PM
aja
SuperSport

Honestly it is probably out of town. Most thieves aren't very smart, but most thieves don't steal out of their own back used. There was a thread on the barf forum about a guy who found his silent bike in a garage in his same apartment complex, so it could be close.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:55 PM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear about this, hopefully it will turn up. So no theft coverage?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Superstock

rbrais is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear.

Honestly, who steals a Superhawk? It's not like there is a huge parts market, and there's so few on the roads, unless it is a LONG ways away, you'll probably spot it. Hell, if it's anywhere within 10 miles, you'll probably hear it!
Old 05-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Speed Demon
Superstock

I have been looking on craigslist and ebay within a 750 mile radius from seattle.... and I havent seen anything yet... put out a text to my friend that is a port of seattle cop and to have her be in the look out.... Not only did my bike get stolen on friday... I got news toay of a close family friend passing away... I guess this is going to be a long and shitty week for me... still got to be strong and positive.....

Quick Reply: STOLEN!!!!!!