General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Robbed blind

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Superstock

Mattaua is on a distinguished road
Robbed blind

Hi folks, I'm new to the superhawk world. I've been katriders.com member for a while and been riding a 1990 Katana 600 for quite a while. I had been looking and looking for a month or so for newer, bigger bike to suite my size. Finally happened across my bike on CL for $2400!!!!! I got the guy down to $2200 and I am now the proud owner of a 1998 Superhawk. I love it love it love it. I feel like I robbed the guy blind for that price, just a few nicks and scratches...typical for a 12 year old bike. very well taken care of though. new plugs, oil, chain, sprockets an rear tire...looking forward to soaking up some knowledge from you folks and hope to get some pics up soon.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
actually its a fair buy.. My hawk went down 2 week ago and insurance offered me 2900 for it and buy back for 700.. Our hawk doesn't have much value on papers. but have very high value to the rider.. Yes, I could have just ditch the hawk and go to a R1 which I found for 2600 and it was sweet all chrome out and black in color.. but not the bike for me..the Hawk is my bike and i wanted back.. hahha, I got it all fixed up and just waiting for some parts and i'm going to fix the fork this week.. fairing is sent away for paint and bandage hahaha.. will be back on the road in couple of weeks
Old 06-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
oh one more thing.. don't worry... these guys here will help you with anything you need.. . go to knowledge base they have sticky there..
Old 06-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Back Marker

toy4xchris is on a distinguished road
Sounds like you got yourself a winner. There is an abundance of knowledge around this site for you taking. I know I learn something new just about every time I log in. Oh and pics of the new bike are always welcome so we can enjoy it too.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:12 AM
Back Marker

slabm7 is on a distinguished road
I came from a Katana as well and you will find the Superhawk to be a much more enjoyable bike. Katanas are great sport touring machines but you can't beat the torque or throaty sound of a V twin when you roll on the throttle.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:04 AM
Superstock

Mattaua is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by slabm7
I came from a Katana as well and you will find the Superhawk to be a much more enjoyable bike. Katanas are great sport touring machines but you can't beat the torque or throaty sound of a V twin when you roll on the throttle.
amen to that!!!